BlueCat Reviews

Michael Harris
  1. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at BlueCat full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Nice new office - Great culture - Company give you opportunity for personal growth - Friendly people

Cons

- Depends on the team, sometimes I cannot really have a choice/ preference of my work, it means working style or project suggestions. some POs and Scrum Masters are pretty hard to negotiate.

November 22, 2017Talent Acquisition

Pleased to hear that you feel you can grow here. Feel free to stop by and chat with the people team if you want some suggestions on how your skills can be better utilized. Thanks for sharing!

"Recruitment Operations Coordinator"

I have been working at BlueCat full-time

Pros

Awesome culture, wonderful people and lots of growth.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the moment.

"Just another software company - with a bad reputation"

2.0

I worked at BlueCat full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture is important to leadership

Cons

People are easily disposable.

September 2, 2017Talent Acquisition Specialist

Sorry to see such negative feelings. Our employees are the reason we continue to to accomplish as much as we have as a team. They are who got us awarded Best Places to Work and the reason we have so many employee appreciation initiatives. Feel free to reach out to our People Team directly so we can further clarify your feedback.

"Business Development Intern"

Business Development Intern in North York, ON

I have been working at BlueCat for more than a year

Pros

- Everyone values curiosity, learning is a very important part of working for a software company. BlueCat has an environment were questions are seen as a sign of initiative to want to learn, rather than a lack of knowledge - People are very kind and considerate and are willing to help where they can - Great place to connect with technology that is changing every single day; you will never stop learning - Accommodations such as: coffee-tea-and-pop, discounted gym memberships, team dinners to celebrate accomplishments, subsided meals ($4 main, side, and salad)

Cons

- If you aren't willing to be curious, it will definitely be difficult. The technology has a steep learning curve, however, if you get through that hurdle everything will be fine

5. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at BlueCat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture - love the work hard/play hard mentality Growing fast = career growth opportunities Care for employees - they have a great People (HR) Team Senior Management is exceptionally talented, approachable, and always open to new ideas/ways of doing things Positioned well in a vital market Very interesting, cutting-edge work being done Coworkers - working with so many smart, talented people Location - on subway line at York Mills Station

Cons

Subsidized meals are a great offering but the food could be better

Continue reading

"Big egos, revolving door"

1.0

I have been working at BlueCat full-time

Pros

Like to spend money on employees - t-shirts for every event, lots of social events, use a cool tool for "shout-outs" to give kudos to team.

Cons

Very negative work culture, particularly among the engineering team. Can't keep good employees - turnover rate is sky-high. I think Marketing hasn't been able to keep anyone for more than 2 years. For a small company, silos are huge. Senior management is out of touch with employees.

June 14, 2017Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. The Leadership Team at BlueCat in partnership with our People Team works very hard to ensure that we are accessible to our employee base across all levels, all functions, and all continents. We take our values of Clarity, Collaboration and Transparency very seriously which is why we host an “Ask the Leaders” session open to all employees who have questions about the organization. We also host Fireside Chats and a CEO lunch with small groups of employees so that there are multiple ways to ensure we are listening and acting on employee feedback. The goal is to ensure that we are aligned, the employees feel connected to the executive team and that we can remove any barriers to success. We are aware that as a company grows communication across the entire organization needs to evolve. As such we are taking every effort to ensure that our employees collaborate over work initiatives, celebrate their success with each other, and interact with all levels of the business. You mentioned our Shout Out tool as a way that we continually encourage sharing across all teams. We also have invested in various communications tools (Slack, Quarterly Leadership Check-Ins, our Intranet), company celebrations and training initiatives to encourage our employees to be accountable for their part in growing the business and making BlueCat a better place to work every day. While attrition is something that any growing company should be concerned with, our team is working hard to attract and keep top talent because we know it’s our employees that make BlueCat so successful! Since you are a current employee, please know that the Leadership Team and the People Team would happily work with you to address any concerns you have and would welcome your feedback.

"Great place to work"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at BlueCat full-time

Pros

Engaged management. Relaxed but professional environment. Growth opportunities. Nice perks - breakfast and lunches. Good location. Interesting products.

Cons

Nothing in particular. Salaries may be on the lower end.

May 12, 2017Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for sharing your review! We value how approachable and passionate our executive team is and how disruptive are product is in the marketplace too. Regarding salaries, we are fairly objective in that we consult market rate data and offer competitive benefits such as RRSP matching. Hope you have found great success in your new role!

8. "Great Place to Work"

Sales in Toronto, ON

I have been working at BlueCat

Pros

Nice and friendly atmosphere makes Bluecat an amazing place to work and socialize at the same time. Very well thought benefits and random but regular employee appreciation events add to a great mix. Fair wages and a trusting, listening management makes this company one of the best places to work at. The renaming of the "HR" department to "People" is not just a formality, but reflects the true company attitude towards seeing the employees as people and not just as easy to replace resources

Cons

Communication across department borders is not always easy - but it is not worse than in most other places. As an advice to anyone who is considering coming to Bluecat, this is not a place to idle around, you have to do your share of the work - but that's a reasonable ask of any professional.

May 4, 2017Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you so much for the positive feedback on our initiatives and outlook. Our amazing people are what set us apart! It's employees like yourself who continue to give us feedback that drove us to roll out our new internal communications platform and do whatever we can to keep our best asset (people!) engaged, informed and happy.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at BlueCat full-time for less than a year

Pros

1) subsidized meals: breakfast ($2) Lunch: ($4) 2) Corporate gym membership to GoodLife Fitness ($18.75 bi-weekly) this gives you access to all GoodLife facilities 3) Free drinks: pop / tea / water / coffee / expresso etc. 4) Company events and social hours 5) Amazing Staff 6) From York Mills Station you can take the escalator that will bring you directly into the building. As you can see, I can go on and on and on.

Cons

I haven't come across any cons at the moment.

February 22, 2017Sr. Manager Global Recruitment & People

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. The list of perks and benefits for employees at BlueCat keeps growing and growing!

"Enterprise Support Engineer"

Current Employee - Enterprise Support Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at BlueCat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work: . Lots of benefits . Lovely environment . Many parties and events . Comfortable manager

Cons

. Risk of sudden growth

February 22, 2017Sr. Manager Global Recruitment & People

It's great to read that you're enjoying your role on our Customer Care team. We love your team and so do our customers!

Found 146 reviews