Big Fish Games Reviews

Updated Sep 18, 2021

Found 253 of over 266 reviews

3.3
Big Fish Games President Jason Willig (no image)
Jason Willig
Pros
  • "great work life balance you will get from here(in 41 reviews)

• "Casual work environment, very flexible work schedule, great co-workers(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management seemed disconnected with the employees that work under them and it didn’t feel like they really cared(in 14 reviews)

• "Ideas and improvements are blocked off by inept middle management(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

As advertised.

Jul 12, 2021 - Lead Product Manager in Towson, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Group of talented folks who are passionate about the product they're working on. People are nice and courteous. You'll get support from leadership team if you're performing at or beyond the expected level.

Cons

Audible ad hoc request which requires commitment of 40+ hours per wk. One can get overwhelmed quickly if tasks aren't being prioritize accordingly.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It was a good growing experience.

Nov 7, 2012 - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was a creative and ever evolving business.

Cons

When I worked there, they were growing very quickly. There were several directions in which way to go and unfortunately the area I worked in was going in the wrong direction.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I Love My Job!

Sep 18, 2021 - Director in Oakland, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I get to work on interesting projects every day. I feel supported and heard by my supervisor and by the executive staff. Information about finance, business decisions is becoming more and more transparent, which helps to provide context for my day to day work and the value I bring to the company. The people I work with are caring and talented, dedicated to delivering high quality product. Also, during the pandemic, BFG has been ultra caring about our wellness mentally and physically.

Cons

Although the business/strategy information is becoming more transparent, I'd like to see even more of that kind of communication in the future.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

company is big

Aug 22, 2021 - Graphic Designer in Cairo
      Business Outlook

Pros

big companny and its good

Cons

working hours is decent and good

5. 1.0

Poor Leadership

Sep 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They had a nice building.

Cons

Poor leadership. Passive aggressive management. Favoritism.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

1 yr anniversary

Aug 5, 2021 - Senior Data Scientist in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Multiple areas (A/B test, engineering, UA, etc.) to grow as a data scientist. Manager open to discuss IC or manager track.

Cons

Multiple time zones in meeting or collaboration as side effect of global WFH

Big Fish Games Response

Thank you for taking the time to review Big Fish! We love hearing that our learning and development programs are being leveraged, and we can’t wait to see you grow here. We agree that working from home has changed meeting styles (Hello Zoom meetings!). We are actively working on new methods to connect our current global workforce and help our meetings be more productive and collaborative. We have flagged your concern with our teams in charge of making our tools and processes more efficient, and we hope you reach out to them via the helpdesk to voice your thoughts on ways we can improve. Thanks for giving us helpful feedback! -The Big Fish Team-

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It was fine before the sell out.

Aug 4, 2021 - Graphic Designer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a great place to start if you love to work on anything but games. Nice facility by the water.

Cons

Company culture changed completely when big corporation replaced management people. Employees were pushed around under stressful environment and laid off in the end.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great opportunity

Jul 28, 2021 - User Experience Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Big Fish Games let me grow significantly within my professional career. Over the number of years working there I was able to leverage internal hiring to help propel myself.

Cons

Leadership at times felt that they couldn't gently guide the company. Instead there would be dramatic shifts that would also result in major layoffs.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 1.0

Life At The Fish

Jul 8, 2021 - Marketing in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Orca card and benefits were decent.

Cons

The environment was very toxic. C0-Workers were some of the most rude and unhappy people I have ever worked for. There was no direction in my role, no proper training and when I asked questions I never got a straight answer. I have never worked in a place were I felt so unwelcome. I look back at my time working here and cringe. Thank God I don't work there anymore. I am so much happier.

2 people found this review helpful

Big Fish Games Response

This is a tough review to read. We’re sorry you felt this way during your time at Big Fish, and we appreciate you letting us know. We pride ourselves on playing nice and playing fair, and it doesn’t sound like we met our goal during your time here. We strive to create an environment where everyone can find a sense of belonging and purpose. We hope to focus on this goal with some recently launched programs, including mentorship, additional learning resources, and improved onboarding. Thank you for the feedback!

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Ageism

Jul 5, 2021 - Mobile Games Artist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great teams and talent. Never worked with better people.

Cons

I found this out from a former producer. One of my fellow coworkers nearly lost his job because he was in his 60's. An exec said maybe he should be "let go" in a meeting. Fortunately a different exec had his back and vetoed that. However it leads me to believe that many other former employees lost their jobs... at the same time... because of their age. The decision came from that same exec. If you plan on working there for a long time watch your back.

4 people found this review helpful