Best Doctors Reviews

Updated Oct 16, 2019

3.4
Best Doctors Chief Executive Officer Peter McClennen (no image)
Peter McClennen
Pros
  • "Open collaboration is encouraged, teamwork is valued and work-life balance is a priority(in 11 reviews)

• "Awesome work environment, great people, excellent benefits(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "leadership and management team can improve on managing employees(in 9 reviews)

• "If you are timid about a fast-paced environment, this is not the right place for you(in 7 reviews)

1. "Medical Secretary"

Former Employee - Medical Secretary in Toronto, ON

I worked at Best Doctors full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great employers to work with

Cons

No Benefits are given for the employee

Best Doctors2015-05-19

"Case Coordinator"

2.0
    Former Employee - Case Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I worked at Best Doctors full-time

Pros

While the workload is quite high, you seldom need to take work home which allows for a good work/life balance. Salary is okay for the level of skill required Location is downtown Toronto with access to TTC, GO and Path

Cons

Constantly under operational and management changes There is no opportunity for career growth or promotion and the skills used/learned do not transfer to other jobs Workload is very high and seldom changes Very monotonous- white color assembly line work

Best Doctors2017-05-31

"case coordinator"

I have been working at Best Doctors for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay was very good for the kind of work. Coworkers were friendly and supportive.

Cons

Management ask for feedback but do not do anything to change the negative into positive Sometimes, OT is paid, and other times, not!

Best Doctors2016-01-06

"Challenging."

I worked at Best Doctors

Pros

good product and good intention

Cons

departments are silo'd and discourage team work. lots of abandoned projects and hard to feel you accomplished anything.

Best Doctors2015-05-07

"Look how many reviews there are for this company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Case Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I worked at Best Doctors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone has said it already; the product has potential to make a difference to people, some of the employees genuinely care about their work etc.

Cons

Again, everyone has already said it here. Poor management, no structure, no clear career-pathing, non-existant leadership, lack of a long-term plan and genuine disdain for their employees. This company plays favourites and arbitrarily terminates employees for no good reason...while keeping people who are more a problem than the ones they let go.

Best Doctors2014-09-29

"Best Doctors has best employees and best resilience"

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a company that has been through a lot of ups and downs over the years. I know. I have been here. But through it all, this organization has a sense of community at its core. The staff genuinely care about each other and about making a difference every day in peoples' lives. It is a place full of hard-workers and lots of laughter. Don't be discouraged by a company's changes. Despite some of them being difficult and even at times seem unwarranted, we are moving on in a very good way and the leaders are dedicated to staff retention and company growth.

Cons

To the person who feels the need to post something monthly, you can stop now. We get it, you are hurt but you cannot say you are a current employee and have that much negativity toward the company. So, either quit or stop putting up fake posts.

Best Doctors2014-03-18

"We save lives!"

Current Employee -  in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Disclaimer: I do not work in hr. I saw the reviews and had to comment. 1. There is huge satisfaction in knowing that your work helps save lives and make a real difference in people's lives. When work gets tough, or deadlines are tight, that satisfaction can help keep you going. I am sometimes in tears when I hear the stories of people who found hope through our services. 2. We have the privilege of working with some fantastic people here - nurses who work incredibly hard to fully support their cases, operation teams who never stop trying to improve things even with limited resources, smart marketing and account management teams. Everyone is here because they love what we do, and that passion shows. 3. It's exciting to play a part, however small, in a business and a team that is growing so rapidly. Lots of opportunity to grow and learn. Everyone has a voice and can be the spark that ignites huge change.

Cons

1. In such a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, it's natural to expect some rocky patches, and Best Doctors is no exception. Things can pivot on a dime here, but this doesn't have to be a con, you just have to learn to roll with the changes. 2. As a company with a US parent, there is a certainly a perception that we are the forgotten child at times. Greater involvement on the head office side is certainly happening, but there's a long way to go yet. Better understanding of our unique Canadian culture and market is lacking. This is very typical of multinationals, so it comes with the territory. 3. Communication of changes can be hit-and-miss, but I am seeing great improvement in this area. 4. One flaw here is the outdated performance management system. As it is now, the system is somewhat demotivating. And as it impacts compensation, I would like to see this addressed. 5. There is a definite negative vibe among some members of the team. I truly believe that "culture is what you make it". Griping on websites doesn't improve anything. Making small changes every day does. The power rests with us.

Best Doctors2014-02-13
  8. "Good people providing a fantastic service"

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Everyone here is here because we know we can make a difference - It's nice to do work that is so meaningful - Communication is getting better - Nice office location

Cons

- Computer systems are outdated - There has been a lot of change, but it seems to be getting more stable - Company values are a bit all over the place

Best Doctors2014-02-23
  9. "Love My Job!"

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best Doctors is a rapidly growing company with bright passionate people who make a difference every day. Our Member Advocates (nurses) are amazing, compassionate people who are extremeley dedicated to doing what is best for our members day in and day out. Compensation is good, as are the benefits. Work-life balance is better than any other work environment I've ever been in before (no joke!).

Cons

Like any rapidly growing company, there are a number of processes that need to be updated to keep up with this growth. This is an area where efforts are being made but a good deal of work still needs to be done.

Best Doctors2014-02-20
  10. "A great company to work for."

Current Employee - Account Management in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Best Doctors full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am proud to work for an organization that takes pride in offering the best service we can deliver to our clients and will put initiatives in place to make sure we always continue to improve our services. I really enjoy working with colleagues that are passionate about what we do and beleive in the service we offer. We make a difference in people's lives.

Cons

Like any other organizations, nothing is perfect but the cons at Best Doctors are nothing compare to the other organization I use to work for. I feel my values and the values at Best Doctors are aligned.

Best Doctors2014-02-19