Beachbody Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Jun 20, 2019

Found 349 reviews

3.2
Carl Daikeler
Pros
  • "Good freelance rates, great people to work with, free shakeology(in 19 reviews)

• "Free Shakeology all day every day(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management claims to have a hiring freeze but brings in multiple VPs with ridiculous salaries(in 30 reviews)

• "There should be more compensation opportunities for emerald coaches(in 30 reviews)

1. "fitness coach"

I worked at Beachbody part-time

Pros

Fantastic team environment Great learning experiences

Cons

Can't think of any cons

Advice to Management

N/A

Beachbody2019-05-13

"hmmm"

Former Employee - Coach

I worked at Beachbody

Pros

Products are pretty good, for me

Cons

Too many "coaches" giving advice without any qualifications is very unethical..

Advice to Management

If u want to be a personal trainer, get properly educated if u truely care to help people.

Beachbody2016-03-12
  3. "It is really good customer service"

I have been working at Beachbody

Pros

getting healthy and working out

Cons

getting healthy and working out

Beachbody2014-08-24
    • "Positive mission, frequent product launches and a great direction."

Current Employee - Senior Director in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Beachbody full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company is constantly innovating and releasing new products so there is always an exciting vibe. Helping people is at the core of the company mission which is embraced by the CEO. Pay is competitive, the workforce is diverse, benefits are good and the work is interesting.

Cons

Priorities change frequently and fast which is a symptom of the industry and culture of innovation. That is not a con for many but is a word of caution for those who prefer a more stable, predictable environment.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and paying attention to the channels employees use to give feedback and keep up the frequent, transparent communication.

Beachbody2019-06-16

"Peaks and valleys"

I worked at Beachbody full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of great people to work with. Never a shortage of ideas and initiatives to keep things busy and dynamic. Everyone's ideas and thoughts count and employees are encouraged to help grow the business.

Cons

Business was on two distinct tracts that were conflicting as much as they were complimentary. Plethora of ideas and projects was never the most organized leading to a lot of bumping into other teams and the "new priority of the moment". Could feel a bit cult-like at times. "OMG, you brought donuts to the office? Shame shame. Don't let [redacted] see those."

Beachbody2019-06-20

"It was nice when I started..."

Former Employee - IT Guy in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Beachbody full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I started, I was bright eyed and so happy to be there! I was working with a good team and had a good manager as well. This was my 1st experience in a professional role to get my hands into the Mac environment. At this point, the company was growing as well. Work was being done to expand the 2nd floor. Getting new workspaces, getting new lounge areas, and a new BB Gym!! Things were looking good! People were moving...

Cons

I got laid off! I learn a valuable lesson. I was a company man. I did what I could to make a difference, to put the company first. I shifted around when they asked, I covered shifts to ensure we had coverage. I WAS A COMPANY MAN! Too bad they didn't see it. LIke someone said, Sr. Management and up did what they could to stay relevant in the eyes of the owners. If you got in good with them, you were golden. All others...

Advice to Management

No advice. You guys will do what you do, which is anything to keep your positions! Lie, Lie, Lie, and fabricate more lies so you don't look bad.

Beachbody2019-06-10

"Beachbody Review"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer

I have been working at Beachbody part-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is passionate about the products and helping people achieve their goals whether that is the customers or coaches that are a part of the network. Great office and location in santa monica.

Cons

Some days can feel slow because people work from home and the office is quiet. Snacks are decent but unchanging.

Beachbody2019-04-10

"Typical MLM"

I worked at Beachbody

Pros

I love their products and BOD.

Cons

Saturated all over the place with facebook challenges. No thank you. ..and annoying coaches who ruined it for everyone. Stop being so pushy. If you're not a fan of shakology just do not even bother.

Advice to Management

Carl you are a multi billionaire and you have to really be so cheap as to outsource customer service?????

Beachbody2019-05-14

"Absolute best job I have ever had"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Beachbody full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Culture, People, environment, Bonuses, Benefits

Cons

Can be very hard work. Very competitive & is definitely a high performance environment

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!! You rock!!

Beachbody2019-03-12

"Disengaged Upper Management"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Beachbody full-time for more than a year

Pros

Only the freebies and handouts like onsite gym and stocked break rooms.

Cons

Upper management is non existent and so disengaged they don’t even know what their own teams do. The executives chase off the good people. If the annual layoffs don’t cut headcount then you’re sure to lose people on a weekly basis. The turnover is absurd. People leave for better opportunities. The company is more worried about bringing in outside hires for insanely high titles that never work instead of promoting the...

Advice to Management

Find senior staff that actually show up for work and lead their teams. If the CEO is so worried about is Instagram and being in workout videos then focus on just that. Hire someone that actually knows how to run a business and stop the bleeding.

Beachbody2019-03-07