Bay (CA) Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Bay (CA) Reviews

Updated Jan 10, 2019

2.2
Bay (CA) CEO Alon Brener (no image)
Alon Brener
  1. "Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Bay (CA) full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you learn the business from one of the more successful project leaders, and ask to be put in good areas. If you know an area isn’t hitting- whether it’s time/day/types of businesses do your best to hustle and then Get in touch with your boss and explain how it’s dead. They’ll like the eagerness and since it (was) /is straight commission only be firm in your stance.

Cons

Long days for sure but again if you get along with your supervisor(s) and invest the time while living on strictly commission for at least 6 months there is money to be made for sure. B2B isn’t always fun, some days you just don’t want to see all these people; I’d suggest using your phone to find local businesses that always buy the certificates. Barbershops!!

Advice to Management

Shorten the Mon-Fri week a little just hours wise and really hit the Saturdays harder and with more strategy. You guys know the types of businesses that love the Certs; strategize how to focus on those businesses while handing off one or two every week or so to someone not as strong at the presentation. Getting a business to buy like 6-8+ at a time is an enormous incentive to keep pushing, especially for those you... believe can Succeed. Give like a $40 weeks per diem, or like $8 a day so someone always has a little money for food or whatever in case they need it. Then have them pay it back from their check or the first cert they sell.

Bay (CA)2019-01-10

"Pyramid Scheme"

I worked at Bay (CA) full-time

Pros

If you are a hustler, you will make money

Cons

This company is a pyramid scheme, commission only sales with very little room for growth.

Bay (CA)2017-03-28
  3. "Ponzi Scheme"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Bay (CA)

Pros

I have no pros for this company

Cons

Literally a greedy CEO running a Ponzi scheme

Advice to Management

Fire Alon

Bay (CA)2017-03-07

"Brutal Hour and Horrible Pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Bay (CA) full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are a really good salesperson you might do well here. Unless you can pick up the talent extremely quickly you won't last long.

Cons

During my brief time with Bay Inc. I was required to work up to 12 hours a day, 6 days a week where I had to show up to the office for the morning meeting at 7am and often didn't get back from the field, cash out, have a quick meeting with a team leader, and leave until 7pm or later. And all of this for 100% commission based pay. They lure in young people with false advertising the position as a management... position. The only speck of truth in that is that if you are an amazing salesperson and put up the best numbers then you might get promoted into a management position. As a business to business salesperson for Bay Inc. you are expected to be driven to a new territory every day, walk around by yourself for most of the day going into every single business you pass and try and sell you pack to every single employee in the business, then at the end of the day get picked up and driven back to the office.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a base salary. Spend more time training new employees before expecting them to succeed on their own. Be honest about the position you are hiring for. That will get you less people interested but those that do actually are interested in what you have to offer rather than having the enormous rate of turnover that I have witnessed take place and then was a part of.

Bay (CA)2017-01-19

"Super Shady Company"

Former Employee - Sales in Walnut, CA

I worked at Bay (CA) full-time for less than a year

Pros

They pay you based on performance Nothing else. Find a real sales job, not this place.

Cons

The interview was so scripted. I was nervous because I thought I was interviewing for a real company, but it's just a bunch of people who didn't make it in real sales careers. All I was told was I made it to the next step, I must have said something impressive. REALLY?? Cause I knew my interview didn't go well. So that was the first red flag. Then you have to shadow your trainer for an entire shift and "learn... how it's done" which means all you hear every single minute is "Hi quick question...Nothing Serious" and then move your hands up and recite the "proven pitch" that hooks the customer in. Sure, there are some people that buy those sports tickets each time, but a lot of people think we are a scam. After the first day they ask if it's something you want to continue with. If you say yes, then you have to be at the "office" everyday at 7am to talk about the day before and the rules and current goals. If you want to make real money, then you need to talk to at least 200 people everyday. Worst part is that your trainer will be super stressed to make sales while training you. My trainer actually took two of my sales. Don't forget that you need to sell 50 dollars before they give you a check. And guess what? those first 50 dollars are not given to you. It's more of an insurance in case anyone returns the tickets. Once you are done selling door to door, person to person, you go back to the "office" and talk about how your day went. MY TIME IS MONEY. If you are not paying me, then don't waste my time talking to me.

Advice to Management

Don't make fun of the smart people who quit. Offer a real job that includes a salary. Get real sales people.

Bay (CA)2016-09-06

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Sales in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Bay (CA) full-time for less than a year

Pros

It felt like a family, everyone is very nice and very young, they even play softball together.

Cons

During my interview I was mislead, I was asked what my salary requirements were, I said negotiable, the hiring manager told me the pay would be 50k a year...LIES. This is a pyramid scheme. The truth about this job: you will be doing 8 hours of walking everyday, going door to door or business to business selling random stuff. When I was there we had to sell Oakland As tickets. The tickets were $50 and for each one... you sold you got $10. The job is not worth it, i would suggest, stay away and keep looking for something else, do not waste your time with Bay or any pyramid scheme job.

Advice to Management

Pay employees a base pay

Bay (CA)2015-08-29

"Direct sales agent"

I have been working at Bay (CA)

Pros

Independance in the workplace makes for expedited growth in an individual. Team oriented environment. Team adventures / outings, building great working relationships. Management training program.

Cons

Super long workdays / not paid by the hour. Daily demand of mandatory morning meetings. Unpaid work related travel. High stress level Job.

Bay (CA)2015-07-23

"avoid this company"

I have been working at Bay (CA)

Pros

you work forever and doesnt get paid

Cons

This is a door to door sale job

Bay (CA)2015-07-07
  9. "An OK Place to work"

I worked at Bay (CA)

Pros

-Super Simple job -Really great for someone coming out of college or looking for a change in career -Can make a good amount of money if you work hard -Don't sit at a desk all day

Cons

-Long work hours during the week and Saturday hours as well -Only paid on Commission -ALOT of driving almost everyday

Bay (CA)2015-06-16

"Sales"

I worked at Bay (CA) for less than a year

Pros

- nice people - good location - can move up

Cons

- completely lied about position - complete door to door sales - expect you to interrupt busines even in busy atmosphere and in churches

Bay (CA)2015-06-30