Base2 Solutions Employee Reviews about "client site"

Updated May 7, 2020

4.3
Base2 Solutions President and CEO Ron Hopkins
Ron Hopkins
Pros
  • "More than lip service is paid to work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

• "Challenging projects, great people to collaborate with, culture of constant learning/growing, flexible work schedules to some degree(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "This is not really a negative, but be aware if considering Base2(in 11 reviews)

• "I'm usually at the client site (due to my job role)(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "client site"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Place to Work - Hard Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Constant focus on what's right for the people They mean it when they say "People are our most valued resource". Really good people - I enjoy the people, and am proud to be part of the team Freedom to take the initiative AND rewarded for taking the initiative

Cons

It's very hard work, but reasonable hours. (This is not really a negative, but be aware if considering Base2.) I'm usually at the client site (due to my job role). Some of the client's environments well, suck.

Base2 Solutions Response

May 11, 2020CEO

We try to keep the company as flat as possible. You won’t find a culture of micro-management at Base2, we couldn’t be successful if we did. We hire the best, empower them, and make sure there is a team of people to support them when/if they need it. It has worked since Base2 was formed, and we don’t envision any changes going forward. Thanks for the review and glad you are seeing those principles in practice.

"Best Place I Have Worked"

Current Employee - Systems Engineering Team Lead in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Benefits improving year-on-year. - Smart and friendly people. - Leadership that cares about people. - A culture of always doing the right thing for the client. - Good sharing of information: quarterly communications meetings, "State of Base2" teleconferences, and "brown bag" lunch presentations.

Cons

Some projects involve working most of your time at a client site rather than the home office. This can be rewarding but it's not for everyone.

Continue reading

"Systems Eng Practice Flawed"

Former Employee - Senior Systems

I worked at Base2 Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Compensation Nice Home Office Good Benefits Friendly leadership

Cons

Systems Engineering practice is spread over many clients which means you are on your own. At the mercy of bureaucracy of client. Might as well be full time at client site. You look and quack like a regular employee most of the time. No mentorship. Just get billing. Don't get to spend much time at nice home office.

Base2 Solutions Response

March 1, 2019CEO

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate honest and constructive feedback; we take it seriously, and we use it to help improve our business. I am really sorry that you did not have a great employment experience at Base2. It sounds like we did not do a good job of explaining to you how our customer engagements are structured and how we operate as a team. As someone newer to Base2, we could understand how hard it might be to get your initial customer engagement up and running; we have all been through that. We believe every customer engagement is a corporate commitment to each customer and consultant’s success. Our goal is to ensure our staff have the tools, knowledge, and support they need to be successful and to make their customers successful. Our staff go into each engagement with all of Base2’s 120+ engineers supporting them and their customers. We put a heavy focus on providing the most value and expertise to our customers, not on billing the most hours, and I’m sorry that you were not able to experience that firsthand. I know that consulting isn’t for everyone and I am sorry Base2 wasn’t the right company for you. I assure you that we will review our recruiting and on-boarding processes to make sure we do a better job of communicating how we operate, making sure it is the right fit for those we hire, and ensuring that new hires get the support and mentorship they need. Thank you again for your feedback Ron Hopkins President & CEO

4. "Challenging, innovative, and dynamic!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is always an abundance of challenging work going on and opportunity for growth is widespread. Being a consulting company, there is (almost) always a new exciting project on the horizon. Base2 is happy to support and embrace the exploration and implementation of new technology as long as you have the appetite to learn and own it. The vast majority of folks here are very smart and willing to help tackle the tough problems. Work-life balance is very good for the industry and it is truly a fun place to work with fantastic, supportive coworkers.

Cons

Not all work is on-site, and there is sometimes a cultural divide between those working in the home office and those out at client sites. Hopefully this will continue to improve as we continue to win more project based work that is executed in-house.

Continue reading

"It continues to be a great place to work!"

in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Base2 Solutions

Pros

I still love my job! I usually only stay a year or two at a company. I get bored and move on. Not here! Almost 3 years now and I like it more now than when I started. It is a great bunch of people doing great work.

Cons

I'm sorry I don't get to see all of the employees as much as I'd like to. Since some work in the office and others are out at client sites, it's hard to stay connected to everyone.

Continue reading

"A Great Company with Great People"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Base2 has an excellent culture. It is fun ("Vinyl Fridays", holiday parties, summer picnics, family events), collaborative, inclusive, respectful, and emphasizes work-live balance. Base2's product is its people and it treats it's people very well - much better than other companies I've worked for and with. Because Base2 supports a variety of clients and industries, every project is different and presents a unique challenge and an opportunity to learn and grow professionally - life is never boring. I also appreciate that the primary focus on customer satisfaction. Many companies say that but Base2 and it's people truly believe in it.

Cons

Consulting by nature means that you are embedded with the client helping them solve their most challenging problems. Most of your time is at the client site, which can make it harder to stay connected within your own company. Because the company is smaller, the opportunities to move into management roles are somewhat limited. While Base2 tries it's best to fit people with projects they enjoy, it is possible that you may occasionally be assigned to a project outside of your primary interests (the good news is that those projects never last forever).

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews