Bankers Life Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2021

3.9
Bankers Life President Scott Goldberg
Scott Goldberg
Pros
  • "They have a great training on line(in 102 reviews)

• "Amazing training program, awarded "Top 25 Training"(in 72 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I found a company that offers 100% commission(in 90 reviews)

• "Leads are trash and you seat in your small cube making cold calls all day for FREE(in 81 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Awesome place to work!

Oct 28, 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Help people everyday to protect and preserve their assets! Build lifetime relationships with both clients and coworkers. Great training from knowledgeable management. Definitely a money opportunity. Hard work pays off! Great support from dedicated managers.

Cons

A lot of turn over. People give up way too quickly.

2. 5.0

Tremendous Opportunity

Apr 26, 2016 - Insurance Sales in Bridgewater, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bankers provides award winning training, an elaborate product portfolio and a rapidly growing market. They leverage cutting edge technology: contact and LEAD management, electronic business submission, an incredible proprietary mobile application. I have 11 companies I can be appointed with - making sure my clients get the best program for what they NEED. A great opportunity to receive great training, work with great people and make a great living, all for helping people.

Cons

This opportunity is just that, an opportunity. Those who don't take advantage of it won't think it is a good one. Even successful people deal with a ton of rejection, thick skin is needed. With a 40% closing ratio, I still hear "No" more than "Yes".

256 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Changed my family's life.

Jan 19, 2019 - Insurance Agent in Paducah, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

No one determines how much I'm worth or how much my time it worth. I earn what I put into the career. By far the most rewarding career I've ever been in and it keep getting better every year. The bonuses during the 1st year of the career are great while one get momentum, and the fact that bonuses are ongoing all year long, makes it even a better incentive to work hard.

Cons

Not sure if this is a "con". The fact that we are in commission only instead of salary or hourly pay makes it possible for us to get paid our full commissions! I've seen hourly wages in other companies, and it's a shame someone made $100 a day in hourly wages when they could have made hundreds more with the same effort and production if they were in commissions. If anyone is looking for a job where you can just milk the clock and get paid, this is not it. But if you're looking for a vocation or career that pays you what you're worth? This is it.

168 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Bankers Life

May 12, 2021 - Insurance Agent in Cary, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The environment is nothing like I have experienced at previous jobs. Everyone is supportive and wants you to succeed. When one person wins, the team wins. From the boss down to new agents, everyone is willing to help in anyway they can to help new agents hit goals and make sure they are learning the skills and tools needed to be great at the job. The company truly puts value on putting the client first. The training courses are awesome and constant so that even veteran agents are staying up on learning and shaping their skills.

Cons

It is a job where what you put in is what you get out of it. You have to really be self motivated as you are really your own boss. There is support but at the end of the day, if you don't put the work in then you won't make money.

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not for everyone, but improved my life 10x

Apr 27, 2021 - Financial Advisor in New Bern, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- ability to start a fulfilling career with no insurance experience necessary -350+ locations nationwide and every office is a little different. I started my career in another state but transferred here when my husband's job moved us to NC. The culture at the New Bern office really feels like a team. - weekly pay with unlimited earning potential & RENEWALS! - you're essentially building your own business with Banker's systems, guidance and resources. If you want better than you have right now, then this is the career to get you there - you're paid by the business you bring in. I built a six figure income in three years. Even with my college degree, I still wouldn't be there! Not even close.

Cons

- you are paid on the business you bring in (so if you're lazy or feel entitled, this is NOT the career for you) - you're starting a career from the ground up, so don't expect to come in and be making multiple six figures your first year in the business. Success is usually found after a bit of struggle.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Not recommend

Apr 19, 2021 - UFT/Agent in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supposedly 1099 I don't really have any pros.

Cons

I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone to be honest. Reason being is after working there for over 5 years and experiencing both management and the agent side of it, it's hard to tell someone to drop where they are working now and to go work for this branch in scottsdale. It's mismanaged, upper management doesn't care about you they just care about there overrides they receive from your hard work. There products are not competitive as much as management says they are. And you are set up for failure when you take a job with them. They leave out the fact that half of your commission goes away and you don't own your book of business you work very hard for. They don't treat people fairly and you are promised leads that you never received even though it's in your contract. The upper management is like a bunch of highschool people that have no idea how to run a branch that's why there is so much turn over there and people not making it. And if they don't like you they will drive you out. Don't fall for it the grass is much greener on the other side. And there is no work life balance at all don't be fooled even though they say your 1099 doesn't meant they treat you that way. You are forced to do what they say or they will not give you any resources. Buyer beware.

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Administrator - Bankers Life- Wilmington NC

Jun 7, 2021 - Aministative Assistant in Wilmington, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great office culture, flexibility, and most importantly, teamwork. I have been with the Company for 20 years and intend on 20 more!

Cons

Work hard, enjoy the benefits!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great environment great business model

Jun 3, 2021 - Licensed Insurance Producer in Greensboro, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible team and staff. Awesome training that is ongoing. Great product selection.

Cons

I have to commute to Cary to be on this team! That's the only drawback so far!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Unlimited opportunities

May 24, 2021 - Insurance Agent in New Bern, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

You have the opportunity to make good money and help retirees be in a better position with their healthcare and retirement. There is plenty of training . With new retirees going starting Medicare each month, there is no shortage to our client base.

Cons

If you do not have a good work ethic and are not consistent, you will not do well. Any issue can be traced back to productivity.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive Company

Jun 9, 2021 - Financial Consultant in Lebanon, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary and high commissions

Cons

High targets and overwhelming work schedule

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,514 Reviews