Bank of America Reviews
77% would recommend to a friend
(36736 total reviews)
Brian T. Moynihan
88% approve of CEO
Found 36,736 of over 40K reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Also great benefits offered to all employees which is not something to find at other companies" (in 5657 reviews)
- "Pay is good relative to the amount of effort you put in (close to zero)" (in 1854 reviews)
- "Work Life Balance is good or lets say life balance is good as didn't find much quality work" (in 1722 reviews)
- "All of the managers and team seniors I have worked with are very competent and are great people all around." (in 1484 reviews)
- "Not stressful and great culture" (in 710 reviews)
- "Management is poor and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing in the same department." (in 1424 reviews)
- "I did a good job and the manager said i would be considered rehirable but that was it." (in 898 reviews)
- "Hours are long and work on weekends (albeit from home) may be needed to finish projects." (in 542 reviews)
- "The worst part is that there are no bonuses for opening accounts and building relationships." (in 466 reviews)
- "terrible upper management leads to many people leaving the company" (in 425 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Bank of America and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Sept 21, 2023Vice PresidentCurrent Employee
A lot of avenues and opportunities for growth within the organization.
Uneven hierarchy structures may exist. Culture can vary drastically from team to team - these can impact work life balance.
- 3.0Oct 6, 2023Operations AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
Well organised team and well defined job roles. Great management
Not the top paying employer. Career progression is slow
- 5.0Jun 11, 2023Operations AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsToronto, ON
Good work life balance Great Manangement Good benefits Sabbatical
Bank of America, Canada does not have many opportunities due to limited scale of operations, hence career growth is limited. And promotions within the organization is also limited
Bank of America Reviews FAQs
Bank of America has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 40,170 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Bank of America to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
77% of Bank of America employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bank of America 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.