Bananatag Systems Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Sep 14, 2020

Found 9 of over 62 reviews

4.7
Bananatag Systems CEO Corey Wagner
Corey Wagner
Pros
  • "I get to work with great people and the company has some big goals(in 9 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is celebrated(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I started at Bananatag just over two years ago when we were really starting to grow(in 7 reviews)

• "All of the bad things about working at Bananatag can be chalked up to growing pains, as the company has grown rapidly in the last few years(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company that cares about people

Sep 14, 2020 - Senior Management in Kelowna, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm happy to come to work. I get to work with great people and the company has some big goals.

Cons

Quick growth can lead to communication challenges and all the objectives can feel overwhelming at times.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best place I've worked so far in my career

Sep 9, 2020 - Senior Product Manager in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, career advancement opportunities, interesting work, customer focused, modern approaches to building product, social fridays and staff events, pool table, ping pong table

Cons

Earlier stage company so work can be busy and some processes/ approaches are new to folks. Company is not as well known as some of the big companies (yet).

3. 5.0

Best employer so far

Jun 19, 2020 - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A culture that's open to questions, reflection and change. Probably the biggest thing for me. Is Bananatag perfect? Of course not, no company is. But (sr) management is always willing to listen, questions can always be asked and (thoughtful) answers will generally be provided. Will things always go your way: of course not, but you can be assured that there'll be sound reasoning behind most decisions made and you'll be made aware of that reasoning as well. - Dynamic environment: Following from the above - things change, quite a bit. I've only been here two years and the company is definitely not the same as it was when I started. At around a 100 people, things are slowly becoming a bit more "corporate-y", but as others here have said, it's quite amazing at how well the "start up" vibe and culture is maintained. - Great People: probably a positive reinforcement thing, but there's not a single person in the company I genuinely dislike. Downright everyone is easy to work with or talk to. That's definitely different from every other place I've worked at. - Freedom to experiment: you have a great idea and you can make a business case for it? Great, have at it. I've so far been given plenty of freedom to explore ideas and build out my skillset.

Cons

Pre-Coronavirus I would have said: the lack of a proper WFH policy/culture. That doesn't apply anymore though. Bananatag's response to Covid-19 was appropriate and the switch to full-time remote work was remarkably easy. As mentioned in the Pros section: there's plenty of change. Bananatag isn't free from growing pains and you'll likely be exposed to a few. The good thing is that you will be listened to if you bring up your concerns and you will be empowered to do something about it.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Bananatag is a fantastic place to work

Jun 17, 2020 - Senior Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of freedom to explore solutions to problems, great people, everybody who works there loves it. If you're like me and you don't like 'cultish' work cultures, you may be offput by the banana suits, but don't be too worried, as its not imposed upon employees in any way. The 'cultlish' work culture at Bananatag has developed entirely organically, as a result of people actually enjoying their job that much.

Cons

All of the bad things about working at Bananatag can be chalked up to growing pains, as the company has grown rapidly in the last few years. None of the problems are very serious, and management is fully investing in improving every aspect of the business - and not 'top down', dictated from management, instead allowing the people who feel the pain of these issues to come up with solutions, and implement them.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best place to work

Jun 15, 2020 - Brand Strategy and Design Lead in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bananatag is a company where you can speak up and been heard, a place you can grow your career and have a great time at the same time. Throughout my professional career, I have been proud to work in great places, but this is the top one. Great company, great people.

Cons

There is no deal-breaker yet.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

A wonderful place to work

Jun 13, 2020 - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked as a web developer here and I can honestly say the company and the culture were fantastic. Great people everywhere, and the people are all genuinely valued. The transition to remote work during COVID was incredibly smooth. I would definitely recommend Bananatag to anyone.

Cons

Compensation isn't as high as what you would get as a dev at a giant corporation like Amazon, but the amazing culture was worth it to me 100%.

7. 2.0

It Used To Be Good

Apr 3, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are still some great people at this company

Cons

The leadership at this company has problems at the moment, and concerns from employees are not being addressed

7 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee

The best company I've ever worked for!

Mar 7, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing company culture - Fast paced growing company (new opportunities arising all the time) - Inclusive environment - You work with great people - Unlimited support from your team/management - Great training program - Company-wide events, bi-weekly team lunches, monthly dog day, and amazing benefits - Your employers care about you not just in a professional setting but also your personal development.

Cons

- Difficult to get to know colleagues in the other office. There is a slight disconnect between the offices.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best place to work!

Mar 7, 2019 - SDR in Kelowna, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything! Great company, great people, great opportunities for growth!

Cons

Office could be a little more yellow

1 person found this review helpful