Bain & Company Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jan 23, 2021

Found 237 of over 4,544 reviews

4.5
Bain & Company Worldwide Managing Partner Manny Maceda
Manny Maceda
1,311 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great people to hang out with outside of work too(in 238 reviews)

• "Huge focus on people and professional development(in 216 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Client services so your time is at times dictated by clients(in 62 reviews)

• "Hours and travel can be tough at times(in 60 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Good company

Sep 24, 2020 - Consultant in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people Great corporate culture Very strong benefits

Cons

Long hours and high stress environment

2. 4.0

Great place to work

Sep 19, 2020 - Associate Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people A lot of support

Cons

Typical cons of consulting but nothing company specific

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Associate Consultant

Aug 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. Great mentorship. Great people.

Cons

Long hours, but not an issue if you don't mind. Weekend work is rare though.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent workplace, but small size has benefits and drawbacks

Oct 14, 2016 - Consultant in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good comp, great people, and experience is as promised: fast-paced, high level problem solving, and fairly interesting challenges.

Cons

Standard-issue work-life balance difficulties. Smaller offices mean that staffing cannot be as tailored to your preferences - this can be a source of major frustration.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Supportive of multiple career paths

Sep 23, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Partner track isn't for everyone and Bain recognizes that. They have great career support teams to help consultants across all levels navigate their careers outside of Bain to make sure that Bain alumni land well post-Bain. For those that want to stay with Bain long term, there are also lots of options to consider whether it's internally facing leadership roles, externships, temporary office transfers, etc. There is no one size fits all employee at Bain. Low on politics. Great people.

Cons

Some find the hors to be long and the travel schedule depending on where your clients are can be challenging.

Bain & Company Response

Director, Global Consultant Talent Management

Thank you for writing a review that highlights the support and flexibility we provide to employees and alumni. We aspire to provide employees flexibility to meet their professional and personal needs while they are at the firm. We also recognize that our employees are incredibly talented, and many have long term aspirations outside of the firm. We're excited to help them achieve success as they've defined it, whether, that's taking the leap, or over the length of a career as a part of our global alumni network. Best wishes for your continued success!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Best place to work

Sep 17, 2015 - Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Always challenged, important problems, great people

Cons

Need to figure out how to make work-life balance work on an individual basis. Once you figure it out, it can be sustainable.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Associate Consultant

Mar 12, 2014 - Associate Consultant in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great mentorship and focus on professional development. Everyone you work genuinely wants you to do well. - They invest a lot in you for training. - Great people and culture. Particularly in the Toronto office, it feels very close-knit.

Cons

- Long hours and lack of sustainable work/life balance. - Lack of clarity in staffing and opportunities to work in specific industries that you are interested in

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Never stopped raising the bar, never stopped teaching me to grab it

Sep 26, 2013 - Principal in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Constant escalation of my skills, but paired with a huge amount of support. I was always in over my head and there was always someone throwing me a life preserver and teaching me to swim.This has stayed true for 8 years. Great culture, great people.

Cons

Gets stressful when you're close to a promotion point - though I admit this is most self-imposed!

9. 5.0

Great place to work

Jun 14, 2009 - Associate Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really great people. I always feel inspired at Bain and get great proffessional development opportunities. We also get a lot of responsibility

Cons

Work life balance can be an issue. Hard to know how tough a given week will be in advance so making social plan can be challenging.

Continue reading
    10. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Amazing experience working on high impact projects

Jan 23, 2021 - Associate Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Extremely supportive and fun culture: colleagues are highly invested in helping each other constantly develop and improve. Great people to hang out with outside of work too. - High impact projects across the SEA region: Worked closely with client management teams to implement exciting strategy solutions. Many opportunities to solve problems with talented stakeholders.

Cons

- Steep learning curve and long hours (depending on the case)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 237 Reviews