BMC Software Employee Reviews about "no cons"

Updated Aug 24, 2020

3.8
BMC Software President and CEO Ayman Sayed
Ayman Sayed

Reviews about "no cons"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company and opportunity!"

Current Employee - Account Manager (Sales) in Toronto, ON

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- great compensation model - great products - great sales process - great leadership, vision and execution

Cons

no cons, the company is transforming in a transforming industry. It's a great ride, strap in!

2. COVID-19

"Best Company Product base company"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Pune

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very Good work Culture, An employee-centric culture is an environment where ideas, creativity, free-flowing communication and innovation are encouraged throughout an organization, Good Salary Compare to market, Medical insurance and other benefits.

Cons

there are no Cons actually. It has good work life balance. It is the first company started work from home in Covid-19 situation.

Employee Experience

Thank you so much for your review! Our work culture at BMC is important to us too, so we're glad you've benefitted from it as well!

3. "Top Company to work with"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Pune

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employee Centric, lot of benefits

Cons

No cons if you are performer

Employee Experience

Thanks for your review! Our employees and the benefits that we provide reflects how important you are to us!

"Great For Employee's, But Management Seems To Be Clueless"

4.0
    Current Employee - Technology Support Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

First off, BMC has treated me very well. I'm considering settling down and making BMC my last stop on the Career path. They do things for you that just seems foreign to me from other companies. For example, I've been given a bonus not once, not twice, but three times outside of the normal bonus schedule! And was still given my normal bonus. They dont make me work overtime, or be on call more than anyone else. Also, they allow a lot of people to just clock in, get a paycheck, and go home (This is not a poor thing, see below). Which is super nice. And they make sure everyone is pulling their own weight, there is a little bit of a sink or swim component to this, and they do a great job and rewarding those who do well, punishing those who underperform, and allowing those who come to work and do their job to just exist. In short, if you work hard, make yourself valuable, and do all the normal things - you can excel here. This is a company with a lot of adults, childish behaviors are generally not accepted, while having fun assuming you enjoy working.

Cons

I'm not sure the company has a great vision for the future. The past 3-5 years have seen 3 different CEO's with 4 total changes, all with vastly different POV on how to run a business, one had us go public, the other had us go back private, another had us "sold" to a investment firm... So that is a little concerning. Although, each project is fairly self-contained. They're allowed to continue to work on whatever it is they want to work on and shape their project however the market determines, so that kinda makes up for this. But it would be nice to have one focus so you know what you're shooting for. Lastly, while they do a great job at rewarding/punishing I do wished they had more clear and defined roles and goals. It is a little bit of the wild wild west, where you do what you can and hope for the best. Instead of defining "Hey, you're going to be in this role, and this role has these things that it does." It makes it difficult to know if you're really doing a good job. I have no cons on how they treat you though. They've always been good to me, and I haven't seen anyone that has been miss-treated.

Recruitics Agency

First, we'd like to sincerely thank you for your thorough and helpful review. We're so happy to hear that you are considering making BMC your last stop on your Career path, awesome news! We know that we're special here at BMC, which is why we love to award our employees with work bonuses, and we will continue to ensure that every team member is supporting each other and working hard. Moving forward, we hope to work on our company's overall focus, as well as working on defining each employee role and individual work goals. Also, thank you for your detailed insight on our senior leadership! We will bring this feedback to our appropriate teams. Thanks again!

5. "IT - Vendor Management Office"

Former Employee - Global Sourcing Manager in Pune

I worked at BMC Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

More Visibility, Increased Flexibility, Friendly Environment, Career Opportunities, etc

Cons

There are no cons. One should not even hesitate working with BMC

Recruitics Agency

Thank you so much for your review, and for your 5 + years at BMC! We will continue with our friendly and transparent work environment, as well as our opportunities for our employees to grow and thrive in their careers!

6. "Technical support engineer"

I have been working at BMC Software full-time

Pros

Product based good environment. Nice location

Cons

No cons as far now, good environment

Company Representative

It's great news to read your review! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your overall experience at BMC.

7. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at BMC Software full-time

Pros

provides Good Facilities, employee benefits

Cons

No Cons as such if you are in good team

Company Representative

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review! We are glad to see you include benefits in your list of pros.

8. "Good company"

Current Employee - Developmental Engineer

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good comp to work. K

Cons

No cons .good company

Company Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

9. "Sr Consultant"

I have been working at BMC Software full-time

Pros

Work Culture Open Work framework Great place to work Fantastic people

Cons

Nothing so far, there is no cons

Company Representative

We couldn't be more happy to see that you've had a great experience in your role at BMC!

10. "Best Company to work with"

Former Employee - Product Operations Analyst in Pune

I worked at BMC Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

BMC is the Best Company to work with. Amazing facilities. Awesome management. Excellent work life balance.

Cons

There are no cons. I love this company

Company Representative

WOW! Thank you for the great review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your 3+ years at BMC!

Found 34 reviews