BCAA Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Dec 4, 2019

BCAA President and CEO Eric Hopkins
Eric Hopkins
Pros
  • "Benefits package, supportive management, great work life balance(in 17 reviews)

• "great company, great to grow within and great benefits(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "although parking is free at head office, there are not enough spaces for everyone so some of it is off-site (a 5 minute walk away)(in 7 reviews)

• "If upper management have read any recent books on modern management practices and theory they quickly burned them(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great workplace"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent

I have been working at BCAA part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, helpful management.

Cons

I would prefer less seniority and focus more on actual talents

2. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Service Agent

I worked at BCAA part-time for less than a year

Pros

Healthy and happy professional work environment

Cons

Pay is standard for industry but could be better

3. "service advisor"

Membership and Travel Insurance Advisor in Maple Ridge, BC

I have been working at BCAA for less than a year

Pros

career oriented co. nice work environment they encourage learning and the education good medical plan

Cons

not enough pay and too much commute

4. "Times have changed."

Former Employee - Office Staff in Burnaby, BC

I worked at BCAA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Salary, vacation pay, bonuses, work environment and co-workers made for a good experience . Pension and benefits are offered although not great.

Cons

Senior managers only care about profit not people. Everything changed 5 years ago and has people on edge and unhappy. New management seems out of their element and over their heads.

Continue reading
  5. "Great people, great place to work!"

Current Employee - Home Office Team Member

I have been working at BCAA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people, work environment, total compensation, employee perks/recognition, training and career growth (if you are willing to put in the work). Our former CEO brought a much needed discipline to move the organization and its people forward. I am looking forward to see what the future of BCAA holds with our new CEO.

Cons

Legacy....change management is a challenge with some tenured employees. We can't live in the past if we want to move forward. We have to leave a better BCAA for those who will follow in our paths.

Continue reading
  6. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Director in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at BCAA full-time for more than a year

Pros

BCAA is an organization that is very values based. We do a lot of work in our communities, it is a collaborative work environment that challenges me daily, and it is an organization with lots of career opportunities. Not to mention, an organization that is growing with some really cool new ventures. Most importantly, we continue to strive to be the most trusted organization in BC, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. This is not an easy task, and sometimes it's difficult to do, but it is something that BCAA aspires to be. If you want to work for a place where you can affect change and help deliver amazing experiences to over 815,000 Members with over 1,000 awesome team members, this is the place for you.

Cons

Some work processes need updating, but the organization has prioritized this and is committed to making those changes happen. We've been around for 108 years, that is to be expected!

7. "Good place to work"

IT Manager in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at BCAA

Pros

Lots of interesting projects. Friendly and comfortable work environment. Good benefits, good work/life balance. Courteous and respectful management.

Cons

Information gathering may be challenging.Not so great career advancement prospects

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews