Axway Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 17, 2019

3.9
Axway CEO Patrick Donovan
Patrick Donovan
Pros
  • "Great collaborative work environment and supportive teams(in 16 reviews)

• "Friendly people and collaborative work environment with Work/Life Balance(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "The good people are seeing this and leaving(in 6 reviews)

• "Bad management, poor focus, poor implementations, etc(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company with great people!"

Current Employee - IT Security in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Axway full-time for less than a year

Pros

The interviews and on-boarding process went very smooth. Working with the internal recruiting team was a pleasure. I had 2 phone interviews, one in person interview, and then a competitive offer . Recruiter Steve even came to meet me before my in person interview with Management. On-boarding with a member of the "People and Culture" team was informative and made me feel right at home. Laptop and other equipment was provided the first day so I could hit the ground running. The facilities are clean and well stocked with free coffee, tea, and a soda fountain. There are also vending machines and good size cafeteria for eating lunch and conversing with co-workers. All in all, the work life balance here is one of the best I have seen. There is also a great group of individuals working here that are super friendly and always smiling. Great conversation and laughter is always a plus when you're at work.

Cons

Scheduling meetings with over seas co-workers is a bit challenging with small windows of opportunity. But so far, no major complaints.

Continue reading
  2. "A New Vision, very good working environment"

I have been working at Axway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Transparency, Work-Life balance, Nice friendly people, Everyone trying hard for the same vision to be leader in data integration platform, Lot of new products for the same vision. HR team is very transparent and the benefits, policies, immigration. Company allows good amount of time for the learning curve.

Cons

Nothing really. One thing I can think of, there too many confusing title and department, direction to the product improvement/building is not clear. Need more innovation in product development.

3. "Excellent Workplace!"

Current Employee - Director, Product Line Management

I have been working at Axway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly people and collaborative work environment with Work/Life Balance Great Leadership moving in the right direction Excellent technology and roadmap

Cons

I don't see anything as cons

4. "Benefits of large corporation/Culture of a startup"

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Axway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility on the type of work / technology you want to work with. And management that supports that type of exploration efforts. Great Work Life balance. The fastest on-boarding process I have seen.

Cons

Quiet a few of the developers like to keep the floor lights of. So at the end of the day your eyes are quiet tired out.

Continue reading

"A French company that is attempting to be modern"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Axway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working environment including: work from the office, work from home options. Good work-life balance for a "tech company". For a tech company, they are pretty easy to work for, not too many emails to answer at night.

Cons

Let me start by saying this: my company was acquired by Axway, and they completely ruined everything we had going. What I am about to write may come off as a tad bias, but I will have explanations for them. So read at your own pleasure. First off they are French company, and anyone who's anyone should know by now French companies are a joke. Think about it, how many major French companies are you aware of? (And no Louis Vuitton is not a French company, they are French brand owned by an Italian company). Being that they are French they have so much beauracracy for being such a small company. Everything here has red tape and takes to long to get done. One thing they don't seem to understand as a "tech company" is; that it's not the biggest brand that wins anymore, it's usually the fastest company that wins today. They move like a turtle when the rest of the tech industry moves like lightning. The funny thing about this company is they know they need to modernize and they badly want too by moving to a SaaS model company. Except the major mistake they made was acquiring two true SaaS companies and breaking all the teams apart. One of the major selling points of SaaS companies is they build cohesion within, and everyone is on the same team. Axway doesn't understand this, they went and broke apart my company almost immediately. Which broke apart: Sales processes, Marketing campaigns & strategies, product updates, engineering updates, support structure. Which means everything went to crap. It became increasingly hostile to do our day to day jobs here. Every day was something different; either we couldn't go to other teams to ask questions for help, or we could but on a conditional basis, or they changed the compensation structure for a team, therefore, forcing that team to only focus on a singular goal rather than the company goal. Not sure that makes sense but in short it became very hard to works as a team, because there was fear you were stepping on someone's toes. Instead of leadership stepping up and asking us how they could be better, they simply mandated what was going to happen without asking the employees whether that was going to work. Here's the thing, Axway sells boring (but needed) legacy software. So they don't have perspective on what current tech trends are. This no fault of theirs, this is just how things worked out for them as a business. They don't build products, they acquire them. They have successfully acquired a few businesses, but there's really only two true businesses that can bring them forward into the future: Syncplicity and Appcelerator. I obviously came from one of these, and I can tell you they are doing a poor job managing either product. It will only be a matter of time before each of these brands fall into oblivion. Syncplicity is going to be muscled out because Axway has no idea how to market them. Appcelerator will be muscled out because they don't have a large market presence anymore, and Axway is doing nothing but putting roadblocks in their development cycles. If you're born after 1980 and you're looking to get into a tech company don't bother coming here. Most of the people I've met here are what I would call legacy employees (meaning they have been here for over 8 years). Which means in the tech industry they are dinosaurs. I, unfortunately, cannot recommend anyone coming here unless they like: French companies, lots of red tape (meaning endless cycles of nothing), and they are looking to retire.

"Nice work-life balance"

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Bucharest
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Axway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice work-life balance and benefits, the office is recently renovated, it looks good, bright and spacious.

Cons

Management lacks vision and strategy on medium-long term, suddenly changing projects priorities.

"Best Company I worked for"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Axway full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good work life balance. Possibility to work from home 2 days per week Flexible working hours Nice tech stack. Java, Python, Docker, AWS, Linux People are very nice, I didn't hear any fights or shouting Company is listening to what people have to say and takes action Parties and nights out are organized regularly Dublin management is very approachable and easy to talk to. It feels like they are your team mates.

Cons

To meet some regulations required by some very important customers, the development process is slow. Too many steps until the code reaches production. Not clear what is the company mission.

8. "Best work culture"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Singapore

I worked at Axway full-time

Pros

Best work culture and forward focused. Chance to work in upstream mobile technologies. Startup mindset. Extremely capable team. Very good work life balance and flexible work environment.

Cons

Nothing to worry about since the only issue of business model is taken care of with the recent acquisition. Good days ahead!

9. "Good place, getting better!"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Axway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some great people who desperately want to do the right things, and the right things are starting to happen. It is a smaller company so career opportunities can be limited, but there is also a great deal of opportunity for the right people with the right knowledge and approach. Very good on work life balance. No expectations of weekend working. Work hard during the week but then step away and come back fresh!

Cons

A lot of cultural baggage to deal with that is slowing the company down, but that is recognized and slowly being dealt with.

"Software Engineer"

1.0
    Software Architect in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Axway for more than 10 years

Pros

Good work life balance. You don't need too work long hours and you won't want to because you will have no motivation. Salaries are okay.

Cons

If you are not French you are nothing but dirt. You can never advance. Technology is antiquated. Product management is a total disaster. Complete idiots.

Found 13 reviews