Axway Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Mar 11, 2020

3.9
Axway CEO Patrick Donovan
Patrick Donovan
Pros
  • "Great collaborative work environment and supportive teams(in 16 reviews)

• "Really nice office environment with great people(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "The good people are seeing this and leaving(in 6 reviews)

• "Bad management, poor focus, poor implementations, etc(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Review"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Axway full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great working environment and balance of life

Cons

No cons of working there

2. "Relaxed and fleixble working arrangements improves productivity"

I have been working at Axway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible working environment and friendly workplace

Cons

The brand is less known than our competitors such as IBM, Oracle, Mulesoft or CA

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Principal Project Manager

I worked at Axway full-time

Pros

Good People and culture. Good set of products. Good benefits. Nice working environment.

Cons

Teams are located in many geographical areas. Challenging to find suitable time to all.

4. "Excellent Workplace!"

Current Employee - Director, Product Line Management

I have been working at Axway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly people and collaborative work environment with Work/Life Balance Great Leadership moving in the right direction Excellent technology and roadmap

Cons

I don't see anything as cons

5. "Transformation moving in the right direction!"

Current Employee - Program Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Axway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great collaborative work environment and supportive teams Great benefits Strong leadership Truly a global company culture - all in

Cons

None, if you don't like ambiguity or your looking for a 9-5, not the place for you.

Continue reading
  6. "Software Engineer Intern"

Former Employee - Software Engineer(Internship) in Bucharest

I worked at Axway full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Nice work environment - Agile methodology - Collegues that are willing to help

Cons

- Old technologies - Not the best place to improve professionally

7. "I like it here"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Bucharest

I have been working at Axway full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They try very hard to create a good work environment: lots of learning activities/competitions/hackathons, fun parties near the end of the year, fun kick-off during summer. The workload is also OK most of the time, this also depends of the direct manager (some tend to overload the team).

Cons

Salaries are maybe a little under the market (I can only say for the Romanian market), but this depends of what you negotiate. Work from home is allowed only 4 times a month.

8. "Not for those who value salary or career development"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Paris
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Axway for more than a year

Pros

I'd say the work environment, but here it may depends on the team you're working with.

Cons

- Too much processes to follow, which results in a substantial loss of time. - Lack of communication between teams, but the situation may be different on each location. On the overall, the hierarchy does not communicate as often as they should with their employees, that's a shame. - The salary (which is quite average)

Continue reading

"A French company that is attempting to be modern"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Axway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working environment including: work from the office, work from home options. Good work-life balance for a "tech company". For a tech company, they are pretty easy to work for, not too many emails to answer at night.

Cons

Let me start by saying this: my company was acquired by Axway, and they completely ruined everything we had going. What I am about to write may come off as a tad bias, but I will have explanations for them. So read at your own pleasure. First off they are French company, and anyone who's anyone should know by now French companies are a joke. Think about it, how many major French companies are you aware of? (And no Louis Vuitton is not a French company, they are French brand owned by an Italian company). Being that they are French they have so much beauracracy for being such a small company. Everything here has red tape and takes to long to get done. One thing they don't seem to understand as a "tech company" is; that it's not the biggest brand that wins anymore, it's usually the fastest company that wins today. They move like a turtle when the rest of the tech industry moves like lightning. The funny thing about this company is they know they need to modernize and they badly want too by moving to a SaaS model company. Except the major mistake they made was acquiring two true SaaS companies and breaking all the teams apart. One of the major selling points of SaaS companies is they build cohesion within, and everyone is on the same team. Axway doesn't understand this, they went and broke apart my company almost immediately. Which broke apart: Sales processes, Marketing campaigns & strategies, product updates, engineering updates, support structure. Which means everything went to crap. It became increasingly hostile to do our day to day jobs here. Every day was something different; either we couldn't go to other teams to ask questions for help, or we could but on a conditional basis, or they changed the compensation structure for a team, therefore, forcing that team to only focus on a singular goal rather than the company goal. Not sure that makes sense but in short it became very hard to works as a team, because there was fear you were stepping on someone's toes. Instead of leadership stepping up and asking us how they could be better, they simply mandated what was going to happen without asking the employees whether that was going to work. Here's the thing, Axway sells boring (but needed) legacy software. So they don't have perspective on what current tech trends are. This no fault of theirs, this is just how things worked out for them as a business. They don't build products, they acquire them. They have successfully acquired a few businesses, but there's really only two true businesses that can bring them forward into the future: Syncplicity and Appcelerator. I obviously came from one of these, and I can tell you they are doing a poor job managing either product. It will only be a matter of time before each of these brands fall into oblivion. Syncplicity is going to be muscled out because Axway has no idea how to market them. Appcelerator will be muscled out because they don't have a large market presence anymore, and Axway is doing nothing but putting roadblocks in their development cycles. If you're born after 1980 and you're looking to get into a tech company don't bother coming here. Most of the people I've met here are what I would call legacy employees (meaning they have been here for over 8 years). Which means in the tech industry they are dinosaurs. I, unfortunately, cannot recommend anyone coming here unless they like: French companies, lots of red tape (meaning endless cycles of nothing), and they are looking to retire.

10. "Best work culture"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Singapore

I worked at Axway full-time

Pros

Best work culture and forward focused. Chance to work in upstream mobile technologies. Startup mindset. Extremely capable team. Very good work life balance and flexible work environment.

Cons

Nothing to worry about since the only issue of business model is taken care of with the recent acquisition. Good days ahead!

Found 16 reviews