Aviva Canada Reviews
74% would recommend to a friend
(549 total reviews)
88% approve of CEO
Found 549 of over 639 reviews
Updated Nov 26, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Bad management and make you come into the office" (in 30 reviews)
- "Pay is low and Merritt increases are minimal." (in 25 reviews)
- "Low salary Compared to other companies" (in 23 reviews)
- "Good peers and coworkers made up for bad upper management." (in 12 reviews)
- "Your manager can also have influence over you moving onto another role" (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Aviva Canada and is not affected by filters.
- 2.0Nov 26, 2023Senior ManagerCurrent Employee
Nice cafeteria. New senior leadership in IT are motivating.
Politics/Drama Can’t keep up their talents, they feed them, teach them and then let them go with competitors especially in IT. They focus too much on leadership instead of doers New CEO, new CIO, new CFO, new C…. Do I need to say more?1
- 1.0Nov 22, 2023Claims AdjusterCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOakville, ON
4 week PTO, decent benefits
you are micromanaged, and underpaid. Probably the least competitive insurance company in Ontario. You dedicated half your day your taking calls and every second of your day is watched and managed. Not worth it. they promise growth and opportunities but make it impossible to reach2
- 5.0Nov 16, 2023Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMarkham, ON
Good work life balance. Perfect office with cafeteria. Open mind leadership layer.
Some technologies are out of date but this is a common problem for traditional industry.
- 5.0Oct 30, 2023Auto Claims AdjusterCurrent EmployeeOakville, ON
I have had nothing but amazing support from this company while moving through my career. They make me feel like a person not just another numbered employee
There are always downsides to every company consistency isn't the strongest aspect
- 3.0Oct 31, 2023Insurance AdvisorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMarkham, ON
Good training, looks good on resume for career development.
Micromanagement, over worked underpaid, high stress.1
- 3.0Aug 23, 2023Jr. UnderwriterCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMarkham, ON
Ok people, decent benefits, pay is meh. It's a job. Hot tip: daily grill offerings in the cafeteria come with a free pop. That's about as exciting as your day is going to get.
Surprisingly backstabby environment considering how unglamorous and decidedly average an environment it is. There seem to be a number of employees in non-client facing areas that don't really do very much, and it feels incredibly top heavy. That top-heaviness is made very apparent when you see the constant churn at the mid-executive level - names come and go and swap positions and disappear on a weekly basis.3
Aviva Canada Reviews FAQs
Aviva Canada has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 639 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Aviva Canada to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
74% of Aviva Canada employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Aviva Canada 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.