Avalon Flooring Reviews

Updated May 16, 2020

3.6
Avalon Flooring President and CEO Maryanne Adams (no image)
Maryanne Adams
Pros
  • "Great Benefits and good company to work for most of the upper management has been there for a very long time(in 6 reviews)

• "I also know that dedicated hard work will not go unnoticed(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "If your looking for a job be ready to work long hours, Avalon thinks just because it is retail you have to work ungodly amount of hours(in 6 reviews)

• "Maryanne through most of upper management(in 5 reviews)

1. "I enjoy going into work each day!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Avalon Flooring full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, in-depth training, friendly atmosphere. Management treats associates with respect and they don’t micromanage. Great ways to earn extra money on top of base pay and commission (spiffs, bonuses, etc). This job is what you make of it. The more effort you put in the more money you will see.

Cons

It is retail hours, so you will work some nights and almost always on weekends. BUT management is pretty great about working with you for time off requests. It is hard to get new hires to stick around, for whatever reason. I feel like we’re almost always slightly short staffed and maybe only 1 in 3 new hires actually pan out long term.

Avalon Flooring2020-05-17
  2. "Sales Estimator"

Sales Estimator in Toms River, NJ

I worked at Avalon Flooring

Pros

Amazing People. Wonderful Team Leadership Excellent Benefits Very good pay. Family Feel

Cons

I don’t have and personally. My departure was For a change in job description.

Avalon Flooring2020-02-14

"Mediocre at Best.."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Langhorne, PA

I worked at Avalon Flooring full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensations and Spiffs, Training, Time off,

Cons

Work / Home Life Balance, Management,

Avalon Flooring2019-12-05
  4. "Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Rio Grande, NJ

I worked at Avalon Flooring full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have an excellent on-boarding training program, as well as a close-knit group of coworkers. We all supported each other and it made going in to work a positive experience. Whenever I had a question or needed assistance, I knew who to go to, and we all had fun!

Cons

There is some travel involved with the training, but it is worth it for the material learned.

Avalon Flooring2019-06-28

July 7, 2019Vice President of Administration

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your role and our company. While I'm sorry to see that you are no longer with us, I'm pleased that your experience was a good one. Please feel free to reach out if we could be a fit for you again in the future! Best of luck. Linda Hartnett

5. "2"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Avalon Flooring full-time

Pros

Great place to work love it.

Cons

None at all i love it fav place to work.

Avalon Flooring2019-05-22

May 29, 2019Vice President of Administration

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoy working with us! We continue to work each day to improve our workplace and are excited for our future. We are so glad you chose Avalon Flooring!

"A great place to work!"

I have been working at Avalon Flooring full-time

Pros

There aren't many places these days where executive leadership takes an interest in the everyday lives of the employees. And Avalon is the real deal. They really strive to make our workplace one that people want to come to. Gone are the days of "this is the way we've always done it" and they embrace that with every aspect of the company (Processes, Benefits, etc). Yes, there are always negatives to every job - i mean work is work, right? Attitude is everything and if you aren't willing to be open and work through things as a team - and be positive - you will never be satisfied - which clearly some of these other reviewers struggle with.

Cons

None that I can think of right now.

Avalon Flooring2019-04-03

April 10, 2019Vice President of Administration

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your acknowledgment of our ongoing efforts. We are going to continue to improve. Thank you for your positivity and hard work each and every day! It is a pleasure to have you on the team.

"Fake Reviews"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Avalon Flooring full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hmmm... that's a tough one

Cons

Too numerous to list, but stress and headaches come to mind when thinking about working here.

Avalon Flooring2019-04-16

May 1, 2019Vice President of Administration

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience working at Avalon Flooring and for the many years you spent working with us. When an employee's experience is not ideal, we want the opportunity to hear about it so that we can address it. It does not sound like your concerns were addressed. If you would like to share them, I encourage you to contact me directly. I can share that when an employee's experience is positive, we do ask them to consider sharing their honest review of Avalon online for others to read. We have never specified the type of review to post when discussing online reviews with employees.

8. "Decent for young starters"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Avalon Flooring full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay compared to other companies and the hours are not that bad

Cons

Turnover is high so you get overworked a lot

Avalon Flooring2019-03-24

April 10, 2019Vice President of Administration

Thank you for your review. We recently reviewed our compensation for our warehouse staff and implemented longevity bonuses. It is just one small way that we can thank our hard-working employees for their tenure. We appreciate the time worked here at Avalon.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Installation Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Avalon Flooring full-time for less than a year

Pros

Seems like a great place to work. Company execs even made time to personally welcome me, and they have a stable, profitable enterprise.

Cons

Left good career for management position I was perfect for and let go after a month without cause or explanation. Was never late, went above and beyond etc.. Company wouldn't even give me the courtesy of a reason

Avalon Flooring2019-04-07

April 10, 2019Vice President of Administration

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We do speak to each employee upon separation and answer any questions the employee has at that time. If you need any additional information, you may contact me directly.

10. "Great job for the DEDICAED, SALES DRIVEN, OVERACHIEVER!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Avalon Flooring full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, perfect job for the RIGHT person

Cons

You have to be the "go getter" type of sales person to succeed! If not you are out.

Avalon Flooring2019-01-19

April 10, 2019Vice President of Administration

Thank you for your review and for your long tenure with us! I do agree that one who is sales driven is a good fit for our sales roles. Our customers look to us for our expertise and to ensure that their projects are our priority. We appreciate the efforts of all our sales staff We are working to improve our compensation structure to ensure that the sales staff are well rewarded for their sales efforts. If you see areas for improvement, I encourage you to contact me directly.

Found 80 reviews