Auto Trader UK Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.4
Auto Trader UK CEO Trevor Mather
Trevor Mather
Pros
Cons
  • "The company is rather fast paced(in 22 reviews)

• "The location (central Manchester) wasn't right for me, but of course that will not be a problem for everyone(in 12 reviews)

1. "great experience"

I worked at Auto Trader UK

Pros

good benefits, nice dress code, good advancement opportunities

Cons

lack of fun activities and long hours

Advice to Management

more fun for employers

Auto Trader UK2014-04-23
  2. "Best Company i've ever work for!!!"

Current Employee - Squad Lead in Manchester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Entrepreneurial mindset and everyone's ideas are never overlooked. Mature and collaborative environment to work in. There are many routes to progression and a lot of opportunities as long as you are prepared to work for them. I go to sleep on a Sunday looking forward to work the next day unlike with other jobs. It really makes a massive difference when you enjoy your job. Management is clear and concise allowing you... to crack on with your duties contributing toward the collaborative/entrepreneurial mindset this amazing company offers. The people are diverse but come together to create an amazing working environment. The company offers great benefits including pension scheme, private health care and other offerings dependent on your lifestyle and circumstances outside of work. Work events are great fun and have a good budget to ensure all staff are accommodated for.

Cons

The commute to Manchester. However, this isn't a negative of Auto Trader. The work space is amazing and being a digital business working from home is an option dependent on your department and manager of course. Sometimes you can feel isolated if you do work from home or are field based. Also hard work is sometimes overlooked and not rewarded as much as you's maybe like.

Advice to Management

Make sure to comment, reward and celebrate great work from the staff.

Auto Trader UK2019-11-11

"The people"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked at AutoTrader for 5 years now. One thing I was first aware of when starting was the emphasis on values and just generally trying to bring the right people in to the business. over the last 5 years I have seen the benefit of that first hand. I have worked with and had the opportunity to learn from some unbelievable people. I have been coached and mentored to help me understand how I go from working on... our private customer service team to help managing and growing some of the largest accounts our company is in partnership with. I have worked hard to get to this position but the part of my journey I have most appreciated is that when working it is noticed and rewarded without the need to over self-promoter. I have worked in other companies where this is not the case and it can be very demotivating. Working here over the last 5 years has helped me buy my first house with my partner and our little boy. And I have a great opportunity to really grow my career over the next few years.

Cons

I think one of the things we can improve at AutoTrader is diversity. I am pleased to say that I can see the change happening. The company have put a lot of time and effort in to improving the diversity and I have been given the chance to go to conferences on behalf of AutoTrader and have also had the opportunity to be involved in the BAME work group. This is an area our whole industry is behind in and AutoTrader... are definitely leading the way in changing that.

Auto Trader UK2019-10-10
  4. "The best graduate scheme in the country, what a company!!"

Current Employee - Graduate Account Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

.Great culture driven company, both diverse and inclusive .Great academy and development structure .Great base salary, with regular reviews .Inspiring office environment .Great benefits .Genuinely lovely people, who embrace the values .Flat company structure .Trust based organisation THIS SCHEME WILL PUSH YOU TO BE THE BEST POSSIBLE VERSION OF YOURSELF

Cons

Flat company structure makes progression routes hard to identify, however this structure is one of the best parts of Auto Trader, so cannot be deemed a con. Loads of progression routes are available to suit your strengths, they are not restricted by typical management hierarchy.

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing!

Auto Trader UK2019-09-26
  5. "New to the job but can’t fault the recruitment process or business yet"

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Manchester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

My recruitment process moved relatively quickly. All 3 stages and an offer were complete within a couple of weeks. Having been at the business a few weeks, I can’t fault it yet. I was made to feel welcome by everyone including the OLT. I was introduced to key members of the tribe and encouraged to reach out to them to schedule introductions. I was expecting people to be too busy for anything extensive, but... surprisingly, everyone I spoke to took the time to book in meetings a give me a full talk through of their roles and how we could work together, including managers and heads of departments. I didn’t feel there was a hierarchy where senior staff weren’t approachable; it was the complete opposite. I’ve already been given some exciting projects and given the autonomy to make a contribution

Cons

Nothing negative at this point

Auto Trader UK2019-09-24
  6. "Best place I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - People & Culture in Manchester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK part-time for less than a year

Pros

The people and the environment, its a great place to just be yourself and feel like you can be. Everyone is really supportive and helpful. Everyone I work with lives and breaths the company values, which is testament to Auto Trader. Its a place that will give you the platform to be successful with an amazing team around you, somewhere you never stop learning.

Cons

Difficult to say, as I can't think of any at the moment!

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing, inspiring everyone to be the best they can be!

Auto Trader UK2019-09-06
  7. "An amazing place to work. Great culture!"

Current Employee - People Lead in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This is an amazing business! People here truely live the values of the organisation and, whilst expectations are high, it is a really fun and exciting place to be. Be yourself, contribute well, and you will have a great time here.

Cons

For some, speed of change may be a con but for me, this is a positive

Auto Trader UK2019-08-21
  8. "Great"

Fraud Analyst in Chester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits Package, community, great vibe

Cons

Nothing really. Reduced holidays from 28 to 24days

Auto Trader UK2019-09-02
  9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in Manchester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The people are the best, you can approach ANYONE to help - The work is so interesting and I am constantly learning new things - It has helped me progress, the work I have been doing has provided great examples for my course - The social events - Different guilds you can get involved with to help with Diversity & Inclusion in the business

Cons

Right now, none! I love it.

Advice to Management

Make yourself as visible as you can.

Auto Trader UK2019-08-16
  10. "Exciting Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Squad Lead in Manchester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, lovely office and good benefits. The opportunities to progress here are genuine if you're willing to work hard and get stuck in. It's fast paced, lots of change and there's never a dull moment.

Cons

I don't see it as a negative but you have to be 100% committed and be willing to keep moving forwards, keep up with the pace and keep giving it your all!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're great at.

Auto Trader UK2019-08-12