Find jobs for General Manager

Audi of America General Manager Reviews

Updated Jan 12, 2020

3.1
Audi of America Interim President and COO  Cian OBrien (no image)
Cian OBrien
0 Rating

"Toxic Environment / Decline in leadership"

2.0
    Former Employee - General Manager/Director in Herndon, VA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Audi of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working on a luxury automotive brand Driving a variety of Audi and competitive vehicles (company car for level 10 and above) Office is well appointed and maintained When I started there was a feeling that we were building something Over a 10 year period, Audi has performed, but has sputtered as of late Professional environment, but this has it's negatives also (see below) 401K is good - 100% match up to 9% Healthcare wasn't as good as it used to be, but is competitive

Cons

In an attempt to be "professional" the Audi work environment has become toxic. There is pressure to look a certain way, whether that be physically fit or wearing a hip tailored suit. The VW people call the Audi floor "the fashion show". It's even known within VW HR. At first glance, this could be taken as humorous, but it's deeper than that. It has become image over substance. Gossip is pretty rampant. It can be very mean spirited and ranges from cutting down someone's appearance, making fun of their personal social media account, or criticizing work---even if that work is excellent. VPs are even ridiculed behind their backs. What's disturbing is some of this gossip finds its way to the VP level and shapes their impressions of individuals and teams. The current crop of senior management----with a few exceptions----are yes men. They are relentlessly driving the organization to hit certain numbers without any regard for the external competitive situation or the market. Work life balance doesn't exist for some departments. Professional Development feels more like a robotic filling out of a forms for succession planning vs genuine skill improvement. Morale is low. There was leadership stability for years, but since October 2018 there have been 3 Presidents of Audi of America. One lasted just 6 months. I think the road will continue to be rocky. HR department. Don't be fooled they are there to protect the company, not help you. Lots of turnover in HR as well. Maybe they saw too much? Add in that salary is just average and you really need to love cars to want to work for this organization. My advice: work somewhere else and make more money. Buy your own luxury car.

Continue reading

"Proud to go to work for this team every day"

5.0
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Audi of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have spent almost 30 years looking for the kind of company and work environment that I can get up every morning and look forward to being a part of. The senior leadership team of our company is the best in the industry. Scott Keogh is a visionary inspired leader and he surrounds himself with similar talent. Anyone who longs for the opportunity to be part of a world class winning team and is willing to commit themselves to doing so- this is your home.

Cons

None - this company cares about nothing other than being the best, attracting the best people, retaining them and making them better.

Continue reading

3. "General Manager"

5.0
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Audi of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company to work for. While the work load is demanding, the positive feedback, compensation and benefits are well above average. Outstanding leadership in both the corporate and regional levels.

Cons

Work life balance, at times, can get stressed. While people take vacation, with iPhones and such, you don't really get to unplug.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews