Cover image for Atlassian

4.7
Atlassian Co-Founders Scott Farquhar & Mike Cannon-Brookes
Scott Farquhar & Mike Cannon-Brookes
1,183 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great folks as decent work life balance(in 147 reviews)

• "Great culture shared by employees(in 71 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance especially during WFH(in 34 reviews)

• "The sales org is fast growing with a lot of growing pains(in 29 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Atlassian

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Atlassian and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Too much politics in the middle management, culture being eroded and no growth

Nov. 30, 2022 - Product Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The design leadership at C-level is brilliant and makes me optimistic for the company

Cons

- Middle management does not translate well - Culture being eroded, early hires are leaving because there's too much politics brewing in Atlassian's middle management. - No growth for non-engineering hires - Remote work culture does not bode well for early career hires in Atlassian. It still has a long way to go to figure that out.

2. 5.0

An amazing company

Nov. 30, 2022 - Customer Success Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having been at Atlassian for 1 year, I can honestly say I've never been happier in my career. This company truly cares about their employees and takes great care. Great benefits, competitive pay, and excellent W/L balance. It's very nice knowing that I can "work from anywhere" if I need a change in scenery and that I'll never be cooped up in an office or cubicle all day. Of course, there are some drawbacks that come with working at such a large, sprawling organization, but the pros far outweigh the cons, in my opinion.

Cons

Silo'd teams, especially in product management. Some teams are working on the same projects/features with no knowledge or visibility into what the other is doing. There are lots of basic feature requests that have been pending for far too long with little to no update from product. It's sometimes baffling why some of these aren't implemented, which in turn is causing degradation in trust and our overall image with our customer base. We NEED to prioritize some of these basic features that are visible and highly voted for in JAC. Our competitors are way ahead of us in some areas because of these lingering items. If we can knock out a handfull of the top 20 most requested feature requests in JAC, that will go a LONG way with our customers and show that we care and aren't trying to F&$% our customers! Having said that, our team is making great strides in innovation and I know these teams are working very hard. I realize that it's a challenge to prioritize those new features that will be most beneficial to our 200k+ customers, while also trying to maintain a lengthy backlog.

3. Join the Atlassian team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A true gem in the Netherlands!

Nov. 30, 2022 - Recruiter in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Culture and values are real and stimulating -The founders and TLs are leading by example and treat you respectfully -Colleagues are smart and inclusive -Work is dynamic and interesting -Salary and benefits: top!

Cons

-Very very fast-paced, so it can be challenging if you prefer to stay in your comfort zone

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Work-life balance is awesome!

Nov. 30, 2022 - Senior Enterprise Support Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- No work pressure - No micromanagement - Strong values - Alot of helping hands!

Cons

- Opportunity to learn new technologies!

6. 5.0

Awesome place to work!

Nov. 30, 2022 - Senior TA Manager Technology in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture & people People focused company Fully remote Well know products Lot's of learning and growth opportunities

Cons

nothing that I found so far.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great company

Nov. 29, 2022 - Cloud Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work with

Cons

Growth opportunity can be better

8. 5.0

An Organization 0f Values in it's true sense

Nov. 29, 2022 - Senior Support Engineer in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Attractive Salary and perks 2. Leave policy is good 3. Open company, not just in paper but also in action 4. Team Anywhere policy.

Cons

Not really a con though just a testing period for the organization as it's growing the employees footprints rapidly need to see how they scale while maintaining the same level of salary, perks etc..

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best company I've worked at!

Nov. 29, 2022 - Frontend Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and great culture. Benefits are amazing and the company has a very clear mission.

Cons

None that I can think of!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A thoughtful and transparent company & leadership team!

Nov. 29, 2022 - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Values employees and their voice - Promotes growth (internally) - Employees truly live by the company values especially "open company, no BS" and "play as a team" - Good & seasoned leadership teams - Flexible & autonomous work environment and culture - Plenty of work-life balance - Diverse teams

Cons

- Growth can be more streamlined - Geo zones for comp aren't where they should be - Interview process could use some re-vamping

11. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company

Nov. 29, 2022 - Senior Vice President in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture and employee wellbeing are top notch, you can really make the difference.

Cons

Lack of structure for repetitious activities such as talent development.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,640 Reviews
    </>Embed

Atlassian Reviews FAQs

Atlassian has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 1,808 reviews left anonymously by employees. 94% of employees would recommend working at Atlassian to a friend and 93% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Atlassian employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Atlassian. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

94% of Atlassian employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Atlassian 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Atlassian Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Atlassian? Share Your Experiences

Atlassian logo

Atlassian Careers

Cover image for Atlassian

We love teams of all kinds Teams of developers, product managers, doc writers, bug-bashers – are our heroes. We started with software...More

• Values
    • Culture
    • Distributed Working

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

Logo

958 days ago

COVID-19
    Over the past few weeks, we spent time chatting with candidates and new hires — listening to their questions and concerns about virtual hiring — especially during such a trying time. Spend a few moments to learn more about our approach to virtual interviewing, hiring, and on-boarding.
    Shared image - Virtual hiring | Atlassian
    Virtual hiring | Atlassian
    www.glassdoor.com

Atlassian Photos

+ Add Photo
    Atlassian photo of: Our town hall space doubles as space for informal meetings
    Atlassian photo of: Most desks around Atlassian aren't this neat, but all are set up with a sit or stand option
    Atlassian photo of: Several local artists partnered to give our staircase lobby some added personality
    Atlassian photo of: Our patio space is a great spot for a chat or to get some work done on sunny afternoons
    Atlassian photo of: Our SF library is a quiet zone for those who want a little silence to really focus
    Atlassian photo of: It turns out the dogs of Atlassian love being on the team too
    Atlassian photo of: Our offices are set up with plenty of space for casual meetings

Atlassian Job Seekers Also Viewed

Thoughtworks Logo
    Thoughtworks

4.2

3,215 reviews
    Compare

Glassdoor has 1,808 Atlassian reviews submitted anonymously by Atlassian employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Atlassian is right for you.