Assurance Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2021

Found 120 of over 133 reviews

3.9
Assurance Chief Executive Officer Tony Chimino (no image)
Tony Chimino
Pros
  • "The culture is incredible, they really value their employees and work life balance is the best I have had in my 10 years of working(in 13 reviews)

• "Work from Home policy, Wellness initiatives(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This company isn't really all that special, despite the attempt (and some success) at positioning for "best place to work" awards(in 3 reviews)

• "They tout work life balance but that simply doesnt exist for staff members on Benefits(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee

Decent Job for Aggressive Salespeople

May 26, 2021 - Medicare Sales Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

*** Remote *** Decent Wages *** Decent Management *** Decent Hours *** Really Excellent Executive Management at Their Core *** Pay for Licensing & Renewals

Cons

*** Growing Too Fast. Perhaps.... Unorganized and disconnections and lack of or miscommunication from all directions *** Computer System Glitches Often *** Training Could be Better, Especially for Newbies to the Job **** NO RELEASES FOR AGENTS AT ALL **** ***

Continue reading

HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. While we always welcome positive and constructive feedback from current and former employees, we are uncertain that your feedback is relevant to Assurance. We do not have Medicare Sales Agents or Guides. If you’re a former employee and would like to provide further, more detailed feedback, please email us at humanresources@assuranceagency.com.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Employee centric even in a pandemic

May 28, 2021 - Individual Contributor in Schaumburg, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Assurance has tried really hard the last 15 months to make sure its employees felt supported both in and out of work. They helped employees set up at home offices, helped fund tutors and childcare and mental health offerings. They have even shifted their policys going forward to be more flexible to match the needs of the new world.

Cons

The combined sick and vacation time, PTO policy is a bit old-fashioned and doesn't leave a ton of wiggle room for vacation and sick time.

HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re feeling supported and enjoying your experience here. We know that work/life balance is a top priority, especially over the past 15 months. We believe that PTO allows for the greatest flexibility and choice in managing your time off. We regularly evaluate the competitiveness of our benefits offerings including paid time off to ensure we are staying competitive within the industry. If you’d like to provide further feedback, please email us at humanresources@assuranceagency.com.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Some good, some not so good.

Jul 16, 2021 - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office, nice amenities, great co-workers.

Cons

Management is passive aggressive. Pay is not commiserate with the amount of work.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

The in crowd

Jun 19, 2021 - Sales in Schaumburg, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

CEO is great. Very approachable

Cons

Unless you drink with the right people at the company, forget about advancement.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

remote oppurtunity

Jun 30, 2021 - Licensed Insurance Agent in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

work from home,choose own hours,free leads.

Cons

chargebacks, 1099, limited options, weird pay structure.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Taking a Turn

Jun 16, 2021 - Senior Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

WFH flexibility and great colleagues

Cons

Since being acquired by Marsh, a lot of things are different. Where culture and people were a large focus prior, now it's only about numbers.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Platform

May 17, 2021 - Licensed Life Insurance Agent in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great platform, great leads, great leadership. Get paid daily

Cons

Not enough hours in a day to work all the leads

HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. While we always welcome positive and constructive feedback from current and former employees, we are uncertain that your feedback is relevant to Assurance. We do not have Licensed Life Insurance Agents or pay on a daily basis. If you’re a former employee and would like to provide further, more detailed feedback, please email us at humanresources@assuranceagency.com.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good starting benefits position

Apr 20, 2021 - Client Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

- good culture - great work life balance & benefits

Cons

- not the best pay for a starting position, but opportunities for raises often

HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at humanresources@assuranceagency.com.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Thinks They're Better Than They Are

Feb 25, 2021 - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, pleasant work environment when in the office

Cons

Pay is not competitive, lack of upward mobility, understaffed and over worked

Continue reading

HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are disappointed to hear you didn’t feel that you had adequate support from your manager or work/life balance while with Assurance. We recognize workloads fluctuate and encourage our managers to continuously review staffing levels and processes, to ensure that employees can be as productive as possible. We also promote flexibility especially during these unprecedented times, allowing team members to flex their work schedules and work locations, to accommodate any personal needs. If you’d like to provide any other feedback, please email us at humanresources@assuranceagency.com.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best. Company. Ever!

Mar 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love Assurance. The culture, the people, the leadership, all second to none. This is a company I can see myself working at for many many years. As we've grown, went through an acquisition and a pandemic, our leadership team has always put people first.

Cons

No cons come to mind

HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here! If you have any further feedback to share please email us at humanresources@assuranceagency.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 120 Reviews