Aspen Dental Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 18, 2021

Found 95 of over 1,442 reviews

3.2
Aspen Dental President Bob Fontana
Bob Fontana
Pros
  • "Training opportunities for new doctors(in 76 reviews)

• "Dentist compensation is based off of patient satisfaction(in 37 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can be long hours depending on the situation from day to day(in 99 reviews)

• "Work life balance can be tricky(in 66 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Jan 6, 2021 - Insurance Claims Specialist in Syracuse, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance, flexible hours, no overnight shifts!

Cons

Not a lot of cons from what I have experienced.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work!

Nov 20, 2020 - Office Manager in Sarasota, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth from within, bonuses, amazing teams

Cons

Work life balance can be tricky

3 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love my career!

Oct 12, 2019 - Registered Dental Hygienist in Flint, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

The patients that are so thankful for the care we provide is the biggest pro. I love that there is always new patients and being able to help so many go from poor health to good health. Also I always have the best equipment to use. If I need new instruments or cavitron tips I can order them without any grief. We are able to choose and order what items we personally want to use to treat our patients. The benefits are top notch! We are offered everything from medical, flex spending, disability, life insurance, 401k just to name a few! The pay is better than a stingy private office. Hourly wages and ability for monthly bonuses! We are also celebrated for a job well done! There is also the ability to expand your career into other areas, such as upper management. We also have a hygienist advocates! We as hygienist are not at the mercy of a office manager or doctor. We have others who are hygienist who care to turn to if we need anything. I am very thankful and happy for my Aspen family. I love my dental home and can not imagine being anywhere else.

Cons

Work life balance is not ideal. I wouldn't recommend working here if you have small children.

Aspen Dental Response

Sue Decker - Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for helping patients get the care they need, today. We appreciate your commitment to great care and service.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

THEY HIRE SEXUAL PREDATORS

Dec 16, 2020 - Office Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unfortunately, there aren’t many other than the people I met working for this company. The people directly in office truly made it worthwhile but unfortunately that can only do so much for so long.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, truly all that matters is money, not patient care. No work life balance, offices are overseen by upper management who don’t support you & are practically minions of the practice owner Dr. Abigail Brier. Practice owner likes to commit insurance fraud on a monthly basis & only cares about money, not the patients or their care.

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Front desk role interacting with patients and in office staff daily in a very fast paced environment.

Nov 6, 2020 - Patient Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smaller offices can allow for getting to know co-workers and patients on a more personal level, decent work schedule/hours/work-life balance, availability for full benefits and discounts, cleanly environment, positive work environment when office communicates and is supportive/helpful to one another. Can be good for someone who thrives in constant change

Cons

Struggle to juggle constant daily change, expectations are very high to learn a lot of information and handle many different patient appts at one time, it can be difficult to handle attitudes/expectations of patients and/or co-workers at times when needs feel so immediate, though you are only one person. Sometimes it seems integrity/privacy/tact are handled improperly and there is little to do about it in the moment when handling conflicts/attitudes around others, often short staffed and this can be too overwhelming. Can be a negative work environment for someone who has a hard time with constant rapid change.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Keep Looking

Jan 18, 2021 - Regional Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training was very thorough and excellent.

Cons

No work-life balance; Doctor Owner expected 24/7 access for very little money. Not worth it.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Customer service

Jan 13, 2021 - PSR I
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helping Patients clocking out for the day

Cons

Fast pace no work life balance

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Dentist

Oct 17, 2020 - General Dentist in Mount Washing, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, free time

Cons

Back pain, shoulder, posture, bending

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Save yourself

Dec 14, 2020 - Dental Hygienist RDH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bonus when you get them

Cons

Sales, no work life balance, horrible dentistry

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Politics

Nov 25, 2020 - Mid-Level Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Teams, Patients, Locations, I dont have any moore

Cons

Work Life Balance, Clique, Lack of transparency, Lack of empathy during COVID, pay cuts, higher budgets

1 person found this review helpful