Article Employee Reviews about "working remotely"

Updated Nov 1, 2020

Found 3 of over 67 reviews

4.3
Article CEO Aamir Baig
Aamir Baig
Pros
  • "This is a young, creative, vibrant company loaded with great people to work with(in 5 reviews)

• "Work-life balance with a wonderful office with huge windows to the mountains overlooking Strathcona Park(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "HR and upper management does not care about the wellbeing of it's employees which becomes very apparent when you require support as an employee(in 4 reviews)

• "Weird mixed messages about working remotely(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "working remotely"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work and grow

Sep 24, 2019 - Creative in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work-life balance. Fun to be at a growing company where you can influence the direction a great deal. Smart and interesting colleagues. Adult work environment: mature, friendly people. No drama.

Cons

Weird mixed messages about working remotely... they should ease up on it. It'll attract more hires and demonstrate trust to the existing employees. Can be slow to integrate creative efforts. Occasionally this is pretty annoying.

4 people found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Competitive pay, very fast growth and a few bumps

Nov 1, 2020 - Marketing Specialist in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay set against the market for your position annually Very fast growth and it is expected that it continues, be prepared to keep up Really great people

Cons

A lot of focus and attention to the bottom line can overshadow the softer benefits, no RRSP and mediocre PTO, and no options for working remotely/ flexitime (aside from Covid mandated) Mostly non existent contribution to culture from the executive level, most don’t show their faces or lend their voices to much outside of a work context. Nothing by the way of a stance on any social issues - no policies for diversity, representation, inclusion, impact on the environment, etc. It’s all business.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Article Response

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are definitely going through fast growth, and we agree that we have really great people! As you have noticed, we review our total compensation strategy a few times a year using multiple points of industry data and adjust accordingly. In addition to our flexible benefits program and three weeks vacation to start, at the beginning of 2020 the decision was made to offer stock options instead of RRSPs - in alignment to one of our guiding principles - Ownership Mindset. We are considering RRSP matching in the future as we continue to evolve our total compensation offerings. COVID has provided us with tremendous learnings on how we can effectively work together remotely, and we will be incorporating a remote work policy post-COVID. In regards to our stance on social issues, this is an important topic, and starting in 2021 we will be more intentional in how we communicate our position throughout the company. In the spirit of one of our other guiding principles - Win Together- we truly value feedback and encourage open and honest dialogue. We welcome you to reach out to hr@article.com anytime if you have additional feedback. Brad Recruitment Manager

3. 3.0
      Former Employee

Everyone is trying, but...

Sep 14, 2020 - Customer Care Team Lead in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Your coworkers will become your friends, and will be there to support you. This is crucial as Customer Care can be extremely stressful and intense, especially in the current pandemic. Overall, it's easy to talk to most people and people are honest and direct. The salary is competitive, decent benefits package. The company as a whole is a good place to work, but I would steer clear of CC until it is given a chance to action on feedback and turn the ship around. Knowing the commitment of the CEO to having a good work environment and culture, I hope they will be able to get things back on track with a few key changes.

Cons

Since March, Customer Care as a department has changed dramatically. What used to be a vibrant department of people who enjoyed their jobs and enjoyed helping people has started to spiral into a place where people feel isolated and unsupported by upper management, and disconnected from their peers. Working remotely has only increased these feelings. Changes in management has lead to both CC agents and TLs feeling overworked, spread too thin, and not listened or supported by management. I often felt disrespected and condescended to by a recent management hire, and often did not feel the support I needed in order to properly support my own team. Overall, I just want to say that the feelings of frustration and lack of support are not limited to one level of the department. Everyone is feeling the burn, everyone is trying their best, but are not given what they need to be successful.

Continue reading
      11 people found this review helpful

Article Response

HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our goal is that every aspect of the team experience is remarkable and that people feel comfortable being honest and direct. COVID-19 has challenged us as an organization to adapt to the new reality while maintaining our commitment to our customers. There has been a high level of stress due to COVID-19 and, especially for our frontline employees, the role can be tough. We recognize the exceptional work of the Customer Care team and we’re making extra efforts to show them our appreciation for their dedication. We have gathered feedback from all levels of the Customer Care team, including Team Leads and Agents, about the unique challenges due to COVID-19 and provided a platform for open-ended feedback in order to understand how we can best support employees. We are working to address feelings of isolation and disconnection from teammates. This is something that many industries are facing in light of the pandemic and Article is no exception. As you noted, we are an honest and direct team, and appreciate all feedback. We have shared these comments and suggestions with the Customer Care leadership team. We take feedback seriously and encourage you to email us at hr@article.com with any further thoughts to help us continuously improve. Sonia HR Manager

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews