Aquent Employee Reviews about "paid time"

Updated Jun 28, 2016

3.8
Aquent Co-Founder and CEO John H. Chuang
John H. Chuang
Pros
  • "Work/life balance, excellent leadership, growth opportunities(in 59 reviews)

• "True work/life balance, incredibly friendly and supportive colleagues, great benefits, leadership with integrity(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "Benefits are average with no paid days off (sick/vacation/leave)(in 18 reviews)

• "some paid time off would be nice(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "paid time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Highly recommended"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Stamford, CT

I worked at Aquent for more than a year

Pros

Agents in the NYC office are quick, efficient, and friendly. They do their jobs well, and are generally great communicators. Good health insurance too.

Cons

A lack of paid time off is really the only con I can think of. This is pretty standard with agencies though.

Aquent2016-06-29

"Good for Staff, not so much for Talent"

Current Employee - Lead Information Developer in Boise, ID

I have been working at Aquent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible Affordable health insurance for employee only if you work 40 hours/week 401K (with no matching for talent) from day one

Cons

Health insurance cost for dependents is not affordable If you work less than 40 hours/week health insurance cost for employee might not be affordable (Talent) No paid time off...ever...no matter how many hours you put in or how long you've been Talent.

Aquent2016-06-19

"Contractor"

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Aquent full-time

Pros

I have had several great recruiters who have worked hard to find interesting and rewarding assignments for me. I like that they make me feel like I'm part of the company even thought I work as a contractor. They provide online continuing education opportunities so you can keep your skills up to meet the needs of your assignments.

Cons

As with many staffing agencies, there is no paid time off.

Aquent2016-05-16

"Aquent is a great place to work - go Vitamin T team!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Aquent full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Your agent is always in touch to what project you're working on if you're happy - Agent visits me all the time on campus and buys me coffee and food - The Vitamin T team works on various projects around Houston - not just oil and gas - They pay very well - They do provide some pretty decent benefits (plus I was able to add my girlfriend on my plan) - 401k with Fidelity - Great perks like discounts off Apple products and phone services like Verizon - Bonus if you get someone hired on a project or find a job lead - Unlimited vacation days (you just don't get PTO) - Very involved in the Houston community going to HUXPA meet ups and other social networking events

Cons

- They do not match 401k - No Paid Time Off - No Bonuses - You don't get paid if you're on the bench

Aquent2016-03-25
  5. "Really flexible staffing agency with good benefits"

in Austin, TX

I have been working at Aquent

Pros

Angela C. was a pleasure to work with. She was quick to respond to any questions I had, gave me detailed answers, and worked around my schedule. She also prepared me for the interviews and gave me a good idea of what I could expect once I started. She even pushed for me to get an offer just as the deadline was approaching on another offer I received. The health and dental insurance is pretty good — close to what I was getting as a FT employee. There's also a lot of discounts you get for being a contractor through Aquent (mobile service, travel, etc.). Though, I have yet to really use them.

Cons

Only con is the 6-month wait to accrue any paid time off/ sick time.

Aquent2016-03-24
  6. "Designer"

4.0
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Aquent

Pros

Having worked for Aquent fulltime for over 10 years now, I have seen a lot of changes. I have been contracted to the same company for almost 9 years and find it a good fit.

Cons

Aquent used to have an office in my town with fabulous staff. We used to be able to earn paid time off by hours worked. In a normal year I'd earn 10-12 days paid. We used to have paid holidays. We used to have 401K matching. My job with Aquent used to have a lot more value. So the real question is: What am I still doing here!?

Aquent2016-03-23
  7. "Great staffing company"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY

I worked at Aquent for less than a year

Pros

Was my first time as a contractor and my experience with Aquent exceeded my expectations. My recruiter was Loren and she was super nice. I actually had better benefits with them then I did when I was a perm employee.

Cons

some paid time off would be nice

Aquent2016-01-22

"I Heart Aquent"

Senior CopyWriter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Aquent for more than a year

Pros

The best reason for working with Aquent is the chance at having Anne Baesemann as your agent. I could not have asked for a more perfect person to be my agent when I was a contractor. She encourages, listens, asks questions, finds answers and goes to bat for you. She's just totally tops. Plus, they offer health coverage and a 401K.

Cons

Just wish there was a way to earn paid time off as a freelancer :)

Aquent2015-12-17

"Better than nothing, not great, especially as talent."

Hourly Talent

I have been working at Aquent

Pros

The team is awesome. All of my co-workers are friendly, laid back, down to earth, genuine people. I really do enjoy coming into work and taking part in the friendly office banter, joking keeps the mood light, and everyone helps each other as much as they can. It's also a very casual environment, including casual dress code (I actually don't even know if there is a dress code) and the ability to bring pets to the office. Additionally, on my team, scheduling is very flexible. Workers can, with a few exceptions, come in to work and leave whenever they want, and also have the option to work remotely/from home. This is great for when life throws you a curveball, the weather is bad, or you're not feeling well and want to head home, but still have work to do. It's also great in that I'm able to maintain other life commitments that don't fit into the Monday through Friday, 9-5 scope of work. Finally, I consider weekly paydays a plus.

Cons

These are cons from the perspective of an hourly "talent" position, and does not necessarily apply to salaried "staff" positions. The pay is not market competitive. For someone fresh out of school, it sounds great, but you quickly learn that others in the same position at better companies are making more and getting regular raises. When I was first hired, I was told that I would have a performance review after "a few months" and that I would get a raise - I was also told not to expect a "9 or 10" dollar raise, because our area couldn't support market competitive salaries. That was understood, however, it took closer to a year to finally receive a raise, and I received the raise with no performance review. I still have not had a review, and receive very little in the way of feedback about my performance. Hours are not consistent on all teams. For me, depending on workload and how management has arranged workflow, I could work 40 hours one week and 14 the next. Or I could be out of work completely for a week. Because of this, there is very little in the way of financial security, and it makes it a poor position for someone who is the primary income for their family. Benefits are laughable. Health insurance is available if you work 20 hours a week, but the company contribution is based on hours work. As I mentioned above, because hours can vary dramatically, this is scary. Additionally, adding any sort of spouse or dependant immediately makes the insurance completely unaffordable. There is a 401k offered, but there is no company match. There is also no paid time off, for vacations, sick days, or otherwise, offered to talent. If you want to take a vacation or get sick, you just don't get paid. Workflow and communication is frequently jolted and haphazard. Workers are put on new projects and pulled off of projects frequently and with no notice. Projects are jumped from person to person and it makes it very difficult to become seasoned and really effective at any one thing. I have been told I'm being put on new and different projects, only to have the work never come. With sporadic hours, it's always disappointing to be promised work and then not have any, and it's hard to feel excited about the company bringing on new employees when you still need more hours in order to pay the bills.

Aquent2015-07-07

Aquent Response

April 22, 2016Vice President

While very, very late in responding to this, I wanted to thank you for your feedback. We are nothing without good talent and appreciate your interest and willingness to share your feedback. To that end, this has been shared with the division president. You mentioned a couple of key issues: PTO and work load distribution. If these are still presenting an issue for you, please contact me at landrese@aquent.com and let's set up a time to talk. I need to know a bit more before offering a solution, or at least trying. Thanks again!

10. "Bittersweet"

Current Contractor - Art Director
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Aquent for more than a year

Pros

If you are fortunate enough to get placed with one of their major clients, you will have steady work for quite awhile. You won't have to deal with anyone micromanaging you! You will have a lot of freedom to work as you see fit as long as you are professional.

Cons

Very little interaction with the reps! My rep is in another city and also speaks English as a second language so communicating with her can be challenging. The reps check in about once a quarter. The information we receive is often wrong. Biggest CON - no paid time off (no holiday, sick or vacation time)!!!

Aquent2015-03-09