ApplyBoard Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

ApplyBoard Reviews

Updated Dec 6, 2019

4.1
ApplyBoard CEO and Co-Founder Martin Basiri (no image)
Martin Basiri
  1. "Amazing Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Customer Experience in Kitchener, ON

I have been working at ApplyBoard full-time for less than a year

Pros

1) The culture is amazing 2) the ability to grow is incredible 3) management is amazing and fun to work with

Cons

This is currently nothing that i do not love about this company

Advice to Management

So much room for growth and to obtain your career goals

ApplyBoard2019-12-03
  2. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Coordinator, Admissions in Kitchener, ON

I have been working at ApplyBoard full-time for more than a year

Pros

friendly, fun, co-operative work environment; ideas are listened to; Wednesday lunches provided; okay benefits; casual work attire; company growing so many internal opportunities; supervisors actively work with teams and want your ideas for improvement; downtown location so public transportation is a viable option; enclosed bike parking; work life balance is important

Cons

have to pay for parking

ApplyBoard2019-12-03

"Great Potential, Some bad apples"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON

I have been working at ApplyBoard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture across the organisation is amazing Solving a real world problem Great potential to grow

Cons

CEO does not care about the employees Any suggestions to improve are normally shot down saying we are a startup - Please guys we are 300 people now, Grow up! Management does not want to contribute for HSA, which is fine, they also dont want to issue equity to the employees - How is this even fair?

Advice to Management

Think long and hard about the cons - you thank all the employees for the success, do you actually take care of them by giving them equity?

ApplyBoard2019-12-06
  4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - International Recruitment Manager in Kitchener, ON

I have been working at ApplyBoard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing environment and a positive mindset. Great chances of professional growth.

Cons

The average salary is below the market

ApplyBoard2019-11-22

"Great mission, fast growth, conflicting management"

I have been working at ApplyBoard full-time for more than a year

Pros

- an amazing family of staff. - fun team really tries to have fun. - making a difference in students lives. - exciting future. - free Wednesday lunch and lots of free snacks - some senior management seems to care. - average market pay.

Cons

- mediocre benefits at higher than industry cost. Many employees supplement with their own. (management denies this, but ask around). - crazy hours and even crazier pace. Always going at top speed. - morale is starting to strain due to the insane growth in some areas. - little work life balance. - average vacation and ridiculous sick and personal day policy. 2 paid days and done. - a lot of conflicting direction... from your manager and co founders.

Advice to Management

Time to slow growth and let teams catch up. Stop using ”its more than the government minimum” as an excuse for poor benefits. Look at the industry around us. We need to match or beat them, or we'll soon see our best and brightest gone.

ApplyBoard2019-10-08

"Great place with diverse coworkers"

Former Employee - Customer Experience

I worked at ApplyBoard full-time

Pros

Room for growth Weekly lunches Was able to connect with C-suite

Cons

Pay was low for the cost of living in KW Senior roles always go to external hires Most people eat at their desk for the half hour lunch and nobody takes their 15min breaks

Advice to Management

You will burn out your employees if you don’t encourage them to leave their desks or take their 15s. Telling people they shouldn’t work at ApplyBoard if they’re there for a pay cheque is ludicrous (especially given the 55M in funding received)

ApplyBoard2019-09-18
  7. "Part-time"

Current Employee - Tutor in Toronto, ON

I have been working at ApplyBoard part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment really great environment

Cons

bad food, really bad food

ApplyBoard2019-09-25

"Meaningful work and amazing community of coworkers kept me inspired every day"

Former Employee - CX Team Member in Kitchener, ON

I worked at ApplyBoard full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Shared common goal of increasing access to education motivates the entire team to innovate, problem solve, and work together to overcome challenges. - Amazing amazing team to work with. Cannot stress this enough. I feel so fortunate to have worked with this group - ApplyBoard is a diverse and engaged community. Many new friends after my time working here. - Room for professional growth, and space for new ideas... and innovation.

Cons

- Low pay for the scope of responsibilities and complexity of the role - Company is scaling and still has not perfected all processes.

ApplyBoard2019-08-06

"Amazing Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Communications Coordinator

I have been working at ApplyBoard full-time for less than a year

Pros

The workplace culture is so positive and supportive. I felt welcome right away both within my own team and within the company as a whole. Upper management really takes the time to try to learn everyone's names and get to know a bit about you. Everyone here really cares about our Mission and Vision and it shows in the work we do.

Cons

Since we are doing something no one's really ever done to this scale before it comes with its challenges of having to pave the way. It also is quite exciting because it presents more of an opportunity to work together as a team to find solutions.

ApplyBoard2019-05-17

"Growth + Energy + Youth = ApplyBoard"

Current Employee - Senior International Recruitment Manager in Kitchener, ON

I have been working at ApplyBoard full-time for more than a year

Pros

It has been more than one and a half years since I have joined the sales team at ApplyBoard. I could not have achieved the same growth in my career as I have achieved here. As it is a startup, it makes it easy to get attention from the management and they help you to grow. The CMO & Co-Founder is super energetic and you get many opportunities to work closely with him on various projects. The very positive and... energetic atmosphere with a common goal in mind, "To Become The Top Leaders in International Education Industry"

Cons

In my role, I have to balance my work hours with Canadian and Foreign Clients which, other than that nothing I can complain about :)

Advice to Management

Start, Evening Skill Programs at the office or Permission to join Skill Development Programs in Extended Education in local schools. Some more budget for employees to use towards their professional skill development.

ApplyBoard2019-05-07