AppNeta Business Development Representative Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Sep 22, 2016

2.7
AppNeta CEO Matt Stevens
Matt Stevens

"Do not believe anything from this company"

Business Development Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at AppNeta for more than a year

Pros

Good people for the most part at the office. Easy work environment to be a part of, and the product is positioned well within the market.

Cons

The company is completely full of lies. That's not even an exaggeration, everything the CEO says is completely a lie. Upper management is 100% out for themselves, and will say whatever they have to for the employees to believe everything is going well. I'm very surprised that there aren't any other reviews saying similar things, because I am in the majority as far as true opinion from the company's employees. At the... end of the day, do not believe anything that people in power from this company tell you.

Advice to Management

I do not have any relevant advice. I believe the company has put themselves in such a bad hole that there's absolutely no coming back from it.

AppNeta2016-09-22

"Honest Review"

I worked at AppNeta full-time

Pros

Not many pros to list. Gain a very small bit of knowledge about the tech industry as well as networking. Young office. Pizza and kegs at the end of a good quarter.

Cons

Very low pay. If you don't mind making 150 cold calls a day then this is the spot for you. Not joking the number they expect is 150 a day and they track it so the whole office knows how many phone calls each person makes. Sales goals are set at impossibly high levels so that when you get close but don't quite make it they don't give you a raise. The turn over rate is incredible. New faces every couple weeks.

Advice to Management

Take some time and invest in the people that are there. Don't work them to the bone and then let them go when they don't make their number just so you can keep everyone's salaries low. It's not going to work as a business model.

AppNeta2016-03-26
  3. "Business Development Representative"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined AppNeta a month ago, and I'm thrilled with how things are going so far. AppNeta has quickly proven to be an exciting environment to be in, unlike anywhere else I've worked. I've had an interesting and varied career path, which helps give perspective as to how lucky I am to be here. I've found that I'm surrounded by brilliant, energetic, and motivated people, which can't be said about most working... environments. It's refreshing to have finally found a place I can see myself long-term.

Cons

I've experienced no downsides to working here.

AppNeta2015-11-12
  4. "This is a GREAT first job out of college."

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Everyone is willing to help you succeed. * No question is a dumb question. * The tools they have to help you do your job are efficient. * There is a lot of energy focused on your training to get you prepared.

Cons

* If you're not a pro-active person it is very easy for you to slip under the cracks. You need to ask questions, ask for help and just be proactive. No one's going to say no, but you need to make those opportunities for yourself.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Looking forward to the large expansion of the company and seeing if that changes the dynamic around here.

AppNeta2015-09-01

"Total joke of a company-- avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Wellesley Hills, MA

I worked at AppNeta full-time

Pros

Really really easy HR process. If you need a placeholder job right out of college that will just barely allow you to survive in Boston while you find something more legit, this is the way to go as long as you don't have very high standards or self-respect. From what I remember, they were growing kinda fast? Also, the products they sell are solid.

Cons

Where to start. 12 hour days are the standard and they pay you on average $35k/ year. If you do the math it's basically McDonalds pay. They have implemented all of the least sophisticated, high pressure, low cost, high turnover sales practices developed in the technology space. It's more or less a sweatshop full of college educated kids making 150-200 dials per day and reading from a script riddled with... grammatical errors. Pretty brutal. They openly admit that they "hire fast and fire fast". Very ineffective way to built a strong company and cultivate a healthy culture. I left within months of working there for a better firm which is par for the course.

Advice to Management

I recommend that Bain fire all of the upper management and replace them with bona fide sales professionals who understand how to scale an organization in a sustainable way.

AppNeta2014-08-08

"Appneta WIll Use You, Abuse You, Then Fire You"

I worked at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun atmosphere at certain times, kegs on fridays, laid back, cool location, young sales team. Thats about it. A real poor choice to start a career, perhaps two years ago when there was a chance for advancement but that ship has long since sailed with most of the lucrative positions filled by people paranoid you are looking for their job so they stab you in the back.

Cons

Worked at Appneta for a full quarter. Worked Mon-Fri 6:30am-6pm. Saturdays 7-11. If you weren't in before 7am "sourcing" leads it was frowned upon. And by "sourcing" they mean bust your ass to build a bigger pipe line of customers for the company before they fire you. Before I was let go I was on the verge of bringing in some very lucrative accounts for the company and was fired before any of them came in "for not... showing leadership qualities". One of my friends that was still working there was able to text me when my accounts i had sourced purchased the product and was able to tell me how much Appneta was benefitting from my hard work. No loyalty at this place. Fast hire/fast fire before they have to pay commissions. Prepare to work your ass off for little pay. During the hiring process they will promise you the opportunity to advance quickly up the company ladder. Not true. In the quarter that I worked there I saw one person out of 55 get a promotion. This place is one step above a sweat shop.

Advice to Management

Figure out before you guys go out of business. You are missing out on many talented and bright individuals because of terrible management strategies.

AppNeta2013-01-30
  7. "Best Sales experience you could ever have! Rewarding if you’re willing to put in the hard work."

I worked at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Company meetings held right out on the office floor. Very interactive, engaging& motivating. - Their ability to operate and evolve a rapidly changing and growing start up company. Definitely some hot technology that they grabbed by the horns and are improving on every few weeks. - I'm most impressed by the fact that the senior managers all appear to be on the same page and very clear about where the company is... going. They all genuinely believe in their product and its growth potential. - Lunch for the whole team during training days

Cons

- After a great win, maybe sharing how the deal was closed with team/salesfloor so everyone can use those tips to better their prospects - With the growth they are experiencing, the office space seems to be shrinking.

Advice to Management

- Get new office space

AppNeta2012-10-03

"Decent product, high amount of turnover"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative

I worked at AppNeta full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The product appears to have a good amount of R&D behind it. - Fulfills a market need. - If you last it could be an opportunity into sales. Keep in mind that if you only last a quarter or two you probably won't look very appealing to other companies.

Cons

- No work/life balance. - High turnover. - Very minimal sales training. - High stress.

Advice to Management

Everything seems to be in place (product, engineering, and marketing) except for the sales model. No talented sales professional will stick around with such a high turnover rate, and no work/life balance.

AppNeta2012-09-23