AppDynamics Reviews

Updated Feb 28, 2021

4.2
AppDynamics VP/General Manager Linda Tong
Linda Tong
Pros
  • "Coming to AppD has been the best decision of my life(in 59 reviews)

• "Good community good work life balance(in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • "We've experienced quite a bit of attrition over the past 12 months due to a perception that Cisco doesn't know "what to do with AppD"(in 40 reviews)

• "Work/life balance will require discipline - you must learn quickly to manage your time(in 39 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Great place for growth!"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

AppD has market-leading technology with a "start-up feel" backed by the investment and security of Cisco. We are expanding so rapidly that there is tons of room for growth, personally, professionally and financially. Whether you are looking to take on a larger scoped individual contributor role or want to grow your leadership career, there is opportunity for anyone who's passionate and willing to run hard and challenge themselves.

Cons

We've experienced quite a bit of attrition over the past 12 months due to a perception that Cisco doesn't know "what to do with AppD". I can't blame my colleagues for chasing new opportunities but I'm much more optimistic about our future with Cisco. This attrition has caused some heartburn and uncertainty (rightfully so). Thankfully, Cisco and AppD executive leadership has addressed this head on with increased investments (R&D, hiring, increased comp packages).

Continue reading

"Great company if you are up for a challenge and rigorous sales process"

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive Regional Director and leadership, great Sales Solution team to work together with, strong product though competitive to sell (it's all good); strong compensation plan. A rigorous sales process is not for everybody, but I love it. I joined the company because I thought sales people need to grow and get better. AppD provides that.

Cons

It's a little bit difficult to sell because it's a competitive space, but that's what we are trained for as sales people right? Though it's hard, the sales process helps us to stand out and differentiate from other sales people!

3. "Engaging Employer"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kanata, ON

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Plenty of room to move around and work in different areas. Really open and welcoming to people from all backgrounds, orientations, and beliefs. Staff management are really engaging and want to see growth with their reports. Compensation is pretty competitive for those not in the Bay Area.

Cons

Not the most supportive of remote employees. There's a lot of internal politics as the higher management levels. There's a lot of focus on events, benefits, and everything for the San Francisco office that they often ignore what's happening with remote offices.

"Sales with the Devil"

1.0
    Regional Sales Manager in Vancouver, BC

I worked at AppDynamics for more than a year

Pros

None, it’s an absolutely nightmare working at this company!

Cons

Horrible culture that’s treats people like scum. You’re not valued there at all, everyone micro manages you. Worst place I’ve ever worked in my life.

AppDynamics Response

January 28, 2019Talent Team

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We always strive for excellence in everything we do including creating a positive culture for our employees. Though it’s disheartening to hear about your less than amazing experience, we value the feedback nonetheless. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

5. "Business Development"

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time

Pros

Great earning potential at AppDynamics

Cons

Intense work culture at AppDynamics.

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture, great product, great team Have been with AppDynamics for over 5 years and the drive, collaboration and team spirit are still strong.

Cons

Change is the norm This is a fast passed growth company and things change all the time. Not all changes work out but management is quick to correct.

7. "Senior Sales Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Whole company is engaged no matter what the role. The Tech is cutting edge and the culture is incredible.

Cons

Wear your seat-belt, it's a wild ride with 'fire-hose' amount of information while ramping up.

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time

Pros

I have been with AppDynamics for almost 3 years and even though we have grown quickly the culture has remained incredible. Being in sales I always am amazed on how support, engineering, marketing, legal etc. always step up and help the sales efforts. I have not seen this kind of team work anywhere else in my 25 year career.

Cons

There are some small growing pains with systems and processes, but once the issues are identified the are typical tackled in reasonable time frames

AppDynamics Response

September 10, 2015Social Media and Recruiting Coordinator

We're so glad that our efforts to scale our company culture and have it remain fun, vibrant and exciting paid off. Our work environment is this awesome because all these talented minds here are so willing to help and support each other, and everyone understands the meaning of teamwork. No job is too big or too small for anyone to tackle, and everyone is ready to roll up their sleeves to do a job well done.

9. "great people"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time

Pros

great people to work with. nice environment

Cons

none that i can think of

10. "Great company, great people"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer (Pre-sales) in Washington, DC

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome culture and lots of good people!

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at the moment

Viewing 1 - 10 of 682 English Reviews