Amilia Reviews

Updated Jan 30, 2020

4.4
Amilia Founder and CEO Francois Gaouette
Francois Gaouette

"The best place you could hope to work."

Former Employee - Sales Executive/Solution Advisor in Montreal, QC

I worked at Amilia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amilia is a fantastic place to work, both from a corporate perspective, and from the culture/team perspective. There is none of the infighting between departments that is all too common at other companies, and everyone is truly focused on improving the platform and delivering quality to the end users. Management is approachable, open to new ideas, and clear in their communication. Management was also very understanding and accommodating when my wife went on bed rest while pregnant with our second child, allowing me the flexibility to work from home when necessary. Work/life balance is second to none. The location was fantastic as well, located an easy walk from the metro (Amilia helped offset the cost of my EXO pass). The office is also located right next to the bike path, allowing me to bike most days during the spring/summer/fall. Summer/Christmas parties, "Summer Fridays", coffee, fruit, kombucha and beer on tap, $300 fitness credit to help keep everyone in shape... I was happy to go to work every single day.

Cons

The company is growing rapidly, and with rapid growth can sometimes come contractions as the company adjusts to the new size and direction.

Continue reading

"A great place for recent grads but acidic culture"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Montreal, QC

I worked at Amilia full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some genuinely nice people work here, under the impression that the company has their best interest at heart.

Cons

Have you ever used Tinder? This is what the company culture is like. Everybody is dating, and nepotism runs deep. One day, the CEO announced that 8 people were being let go. His next immediate announcement was that his wife was being promoted from VP of HR to Chief People Officer.

Continue reading

"Tech company with potential, rather filled with drama that could make a reality tv show"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales in Montreal, QC

I worked at Amilia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beautiful offices & open space, great social events. Working environment between various teams is always a great thing in a tech company. (Innovation Day/Hackathlon) Personal health is always focused and many group classes are held in the same building in which people of various departments participate! Fruit baskets are delivered regularly as well as coffee, etc The demographics are fairly young, so you can feel energy in the room at the stand up meetings!

Cons

The following applies only to marketing, sales, customer success and support: -High turnover of staff -Promotions based on favoritism -Toxic senior management (not all, but a few VP's) -A lot of gossiping about members on the same teams -Non stop meetings all week long Unfortunately, the competent employees who actually deliver results and don't get involved in drama are usually either forced out, or quit to work somewhere else. Firings are very common....even at the most illogical times for very trivial reasons. CEO doesn't seem to make rational decisions, rather very emotional ones based on gut feeling. His role model is Donald Trump apparently.

"Great work environment"

Current Employee - Designer

I have been working at Amilia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Allowed to work remotely Brilliant team members to collaborate with

Cons

Most employees are very new

"Excellent work environment"

5.0

I have been working at Amilia full-time for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely wonderful culture, very caring and passionate team or hard working employees, great benefits, competitive compensation, flexible hours

Cons

Honestly I have very little to say that's negative, I've had a great time working here, it's been my best job to date.

"Good in general"

I worked at Amilia full-time

Pros

Lots of events organized for the employees, fruit baskets , good insurance coverage.

Cons

Amilia is growing at a rapid pace and you have to adapt and keep up with the constant changes. It can also lead to disorganization and miscommunications.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Amilia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing coworkers and management team A lot of money is invested into the offices and HR policies, great culture

Cons

Growth comes with some challenges; Vision is not always clear

"Terrible work politics."

1.0

I worked at Amilia full-time for less than a year

Pros

Activities, free coffee and access to gym, beer.

Cons

Terrible health benefits. No glasses included The firing rate and hiring rate are laughable. A few employees per month are fired. In a company under 100 employees, it makes a big difference. Soooo much gossip, and so many tattle tales. Then they offer drinks, and hold any of those conversations against you.

"Amazing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Amilia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible learning opportunity, company is going places, great environment and culture, and tools + equipment to get the job done. Also have gym, free fruit, coffee, and beer

Cons

Not necessarily cons, but it's very competitive, hard-work with long hours needed to get ahead.

"Good place to work"

I worked at Amilia full-time

Pros

Awesome team, really cool environment

Cons

CEO does not care about employees. Too sales-driven.

Found 22 reviews