Amgen Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated May 27, 2020

3.8
Amgen President & CEO Robert A. Bradway
Robert A. Bradway
Pros
Cons
  • "You need to have strong personal boundaries because it's a 24/7 kind of work culture with little work/life balance(in 85 reviews)

• "Very poor decision making with senior leadership - lack of leadership courage to do anything truly progressive(in 65 reviews)

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing company"

5.0
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Amgen

Pros

Amazing co-workers, great benefits and learning opportunities

Cons

Sometimes worked long hours overtime

"Regional Medical Liaison"

I have been working at Amgen

Pros

Amazing company culture with strong support network and excellent management. Great benefits, perks, stock options, etc.

Cons

Strong emphasis on metrics and limited dental benefits.

3. "Great company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Process Development

I have been working at Amgen full-time

Pros

Great benefits, exciting work, excellent people

Cons

The company is growing which means it's challenging to maintain the original biotech culture

May 26, 2020Social Media Manager

Hello! We're so pleased to hear you've enjoyed your time at Amgen thus far. We certainly hope it continues. Please know, you can always reach out to talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more about your experience. As a valued member of our team, your feedback is critical to ensuring we're doing everything we can to foster an inclusive, collaborative, and positive culture. Thanks again!

"Good Experience but Biased Environment"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and work campus

Cons

In the technical/operations area, too much fooling around for promotions or men in management hesitant of interacting with women because of the others engaging in such activities. Stalls females if you don’t pay to play so to speak.

May 14, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We strive to foster an environment where women feel respected and supported in reaching their personal and professional goals. We take these issues seriously and would appreciate hearing more about your experience at talentacquistioninquiries@amgen.com so we can do our very best to prevent similar feelings in the future.

5. "Great Company with Great People"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people and great benefits

Cons

Too many processes and conflict of ownership of work

May 29, 2020Social Media Manager

Hello, thank you for your review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at Amgen, but we'd like to connect to hear your thoughts on how we can further streamline processes. Send our team a message at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more of your feedback.

6. "Great benefits package"

Former Employee - Director in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Amgen full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunity for development. Great benefits especially 401k.

Cons

Highly political and that’s probably it

April 27, 2020Social Media Manager

Hello, thank you for your review. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your growth and leave positive feedback about our comprehensive benefits package. At Amgen, we work to ensure we have direct lines of communication at all times to address your concerns, whether that be speaking with your manager or contacting our team through our support line. Please do not hesitate to connect with us at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more about your experience. Thank you!

"This was a bummer."

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Associate in Thousand Oaks, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some strong and friendly people. Great benefits.

Cons

Didn't feel empowered to escalate a culture issue within the organization - felt powerless to do anything except leave.

April 29, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honesty and we are very sorry to hear what you went through. With your help, we'd like to take this as an opportunity to grow and improve for the future. We value your perspective and are here to listen. Please connect with our team at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more about your experience. Thank you.

"value and access"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, nice location for HQ

Cons

low development opportunity, poor culture in commercial org.

March 19, 2020Social Media Manager

Hi there, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you've been enjoying our campus and comprehensive benefits package, but we'd like to work with you to improve the areas cited above. Our goal is to make Amgen a place where colleagues feel accepted and supported; who better to help us achieve that than the person experiencing it firsthand? Please reach out to your supervisor or email us at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more. Thank you!

"Tipping point for work life balance"

Director, Program Management in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Amgen

Pros

Great benefits (vacation days + summer & winter shutdowns), talented pool of professionals, good science.

Cons

Work load is insane & no end in sight! There is a generalized feeling across all functions & levels that every one is doing 2 FTEs worth of work. Folks here work hard & are highly accountable but many report that their quality of work is decreasing due to volume of work.

April 29, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear this has been your experience. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a fair and manageable workload as well as providing a positive work environment. As a valued member of our team, your input is critical in bringing this to fruition. Please contact us at talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more about your experience so we can help our teams appropriately address the above concerns. Thank you.

"Management changes directions constantly."

Former Employee - Senior Oncology Sales Specialist

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and great products.

Cons

Poor leadership, who truly do not care about patients.

January 27, 2020Social Media Manager

Hello. We're extremely sorry to hear of your negative experience with our team. We encourage you to contact talentacquisitioninquiries@amgen.com to share more so we can address this internally. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Found 206 reviews