Amgen Reviews

1. "RA review"

4.0
    Former Employee - Research Associate in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Amgen full-time

Pros

Good benefit and good location

Cons

No room for career growth

January 8, 2021Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We value your input and are happy to hear about your positive experience. Please know, you can always reach out to amgen@careers.pure.cloud to share any feedback about your experience at Amgen. Thank you again for your review!

2. "Large company in Thousand Oaks"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits, work-life balance and people. Good manager training.

Cons

Large company politics and frequent re-organization

January 6, 2021Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It is our sincere goal to provide continuous growth opportunities in an exciting, cutting-edge atmosphere, and reviews are instrumental in our ability to implement change. If there are additional details you would like to share about your experience, please reach out to amgen@careers.pure.cloud. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

3. "Clear rules and openess"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Stockholm, Stockholm
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amgen is a great place to be heard. One can come with ideas and there is a big chance someone will listen to it and try to help you implement it.

Cons

It is still a small company lacking standard procedures for many simple tasks

January 12, 2021Social Media Manager

4. "High potential for growth"

Former Employee - Director in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company promotes from within and believes in a culture where employees gain skill sets across multiple business functions, so both horizontal and upward mobility is expected.

Cons

Politics, like and large organization, can play a role in promotions.

January 4, 2021Social Media Manager

5. "Amgen is a company which invests back into their internal talent by providing opportunities for career development."

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Multiple career development opportunities Exceptional coworkers Strong and adaptable leaders

Cons

Large company which requires time to understand how to navigate operational processes, microcultures and team dynamics

January 12, 2021Social Media Manager

6. "data enginner"

Current Employee - Data Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Amgen full-time

Pros

good place to work and co workers are nice

Cons

salary is low and promotion might be slow

7. "Great"

Current Employee - Medical Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Amgen full-time

Pros

culture is friendly and adaptive

Cons

bureaucracy can stifle creativity and slow processes

December 31, 2020Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. It is our sincere goal to provide continuous growth opportunities in an exciting, cutting-edge atmosphere, and reviews are instrumental in our ability to implement change. If there are additional details you would like to share about your experience, please reach out to amgen@careers.pure.cloud. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

8. "Amgen is a solid company"

Current Employee - Quality Senior Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at Amgen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Many career options to explore

Cons

Lot of competition to get promotions

January 4, 2021Social Media Manager

9. "Good place, slow growth"

Former Employee - Graduate Student

I worked at Amgen part-time

Pros

Good people and great benifits

Cons

Slow movement and legacy code

January 21, 2021Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We strive to create an environment where our team members feel supported and heard. We value your input and please know that all feedback is taken into consideration when strategizing for the future. Please know, you are always welcome to share any feedback with us at amgen@careers.pure.cloud.

10. "Good pay"

Former Employee - Associate in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Amgen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Above standard Pay, good location in southern Dublin, good for fetting foot in door

Cons

No movement for CW/contract workers, stuck in your role with no opportunity to grow or apply for permenant positions in your own team. Very obvious system of having a lot of non irish as CWs, few non Irish in permanent positions which defeats purpose of diversity

January 21, 2021Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We strive to create an environment where our team members feel supported and heard. We value your feedback and please know that all reviews are taken into consideration when strategizing for the future. Please know, you are always welcome to share any feedback with us at amgen@careers.pure.cloud. Thank you again for your review!

Viewing 31 - 40 of 2,054 English Reviews