AmerisourceBergen Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Steve Collis
  1. "Long time employee"

Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are many opportunities for growth

Cons

Typical politics - like many companies

AmerisourceBergen2019-09-22
  2. "Great company overall"

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice environment, great coworkers, flexibility

Cons

The routine and the high intensive work volume become an issue at times; this does not allow for time for professional growth; very fast pace and demanding during the peak months.

AmerisourceBergen2019-09-12
  3. "Job review"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Plainfield, IN

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay and that’s probably it

Cons

Job is horrible and some management were terrible.

AmerisourceBergen2019-09-09
  4. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Inventory Control

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time

Pros

Good benefits and pay Cares about employees

Cons

Warehouse is hot but overall great work environment

AmerisourceBergen2019-09-09
  5. "Favoritisms"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Romeoville, IL

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits , paid time off, free coffee.

Cons

A lot of favoritism going on there especially in manual pick department. I worked in the Chicago , Romeoville office as a full time associate and those supervisors in manual pick are terrible. No matter how hard you work, they only favor those who speaks Spanish since almost all those supervisors are Hispanic. The annoying part is when the day’s work is over, they will ask us to clean for hours instead of allowing... us to go home and prepare for the next day’s work. They expect us to work like donkeys. Due to this, they have a lot of turnovers.

Advice to Management

Management should sit up and eradicate this favoritisms going on or they will continue to have high turnovers. They should also advice supervisors especially manual pick to reduce the time for that cleaning, at least 10minutes of cleaning is enough since associates are expected to clean as they work. There’s no need cleaning for hours after a hard day’s work. One thing management can do to reduce the high turnover... rate at the warehouse is to introduce voluntary overtime which will always ask associates who are interested to work overtime to clean instead of this mandatory cleaning. Most associates who left like me complained of the same things I mentioned. Some people signed up for just the work, cleaning was not part of the job it should be overtime for those who volunteer. Allow associates to go home and rest for the next day instead of asking them to clean for hours, that’s ridiculous.

AmerisourceBergen2019-09-07
  6. "A few bad apples"

Former Employee - Worker in Columbus, OH

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A challenging work environment, high compensation including good bonus, great benefits; mostly great co-workers - smart, hardworking, team players.

Cons

Expected to work constantly like most large corporations - on holidays, PTO, when sick. If you're being bullied by a bad manager, don't look for support. Ran into a couple of very sexist men; upper management turned a blind eye to the bullying and bad behavior because this guy brought results they wanted.

Advice to Management

Understand what is happening on the ground at your facilities. Pull in employees from satellite offices to feel like part of the organization.

AmerisourceBergen2019-09-04

"Management are bullies"

Former Employee - Night Stocker in Williamston, MI

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Vacation time, insurance, 401k and call in sick days

Cons

Management will do anything to fire you or make you quit if they don’t like you.

Advice to Management

Learn how to have empathy for your employees and maybe your turnaround wouldn’t be through the roof. Also they should follow the corporate policies just like the employees. Your supposed to lead by example not be a narcissistic hypocrite. I only can hope one day karma comes back like a fierce 🔥

AmerisourceBergen2019-09-02
  8. "good company"

Former Employee - Junior Accountant

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for less than a year

Pros

good treatment of employees, overall pleasant working conditions.

Cons

There is always work to be done.

AmerisourceBergen2019-08-25

"Favoritism and constant change..."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Naperville, IL

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits and vacation

Cons

When I first started at the company, it was pretty decent. We had upper management that knew what they were doing. We had metrics that were normal and reasonable. Of course those people were fired and replaced with people who are...well...much less than stellar. Constant changes in rules and metrics without giving them a chance to pan out. They could not agree on a QA rubric to save their lives, for example.... They claimed they cared about our customers and their patients, however they would penalize you for actually taking the time to solve customer issues. There are reps there who only take inbound calls but do nothing the customer asked- probably because they're fearful it will impact their average handle time (AHT). Yet curiously we didn't even have metrics when I left, apart from QA. So how can someone be held to a standard like AHT when there is NO standard? Unless you are a favorite, or they have to hire you for the sake of affirmative action, do not expect to get promoted or shown much mercy or favor. There are backstabbing supervisors there and some coworkers are the same.

Advice to Management

One customer we acquired told me, "Everything Amerisourcebergen touches it destroys." I happen to agree. I really feel sorry for our customers because they are not provided the support they need. Some of the supervisors are immature and unprofessional. There were things I heard about them that were unethical and disgraceful. The company is run by two-faced people who talk a good talk about being patient-minded,... yet allegedly run a racket - hence all the opioid litigation. I know the future is not bright for this company.

AmerisourceBergen2019-08-21

"Last resort"

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a job, and pay is ok

Cons

Everything, no work life balance

AmerisourceBergen2019-08-21