American Fidelity Assurance Company Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Feb 19, 2020

Found 12 of over 236 reviews

3.8
American Fidelity Assurance Company EVP, President and COO  Jeanette Rice
Jeanette Rice
Pros
  • "Get to work from home on days when not at a school(in 12 reviews)

• "Flexible, Great Benefits, amazing training tools, corporate support(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The overnight travel can be tough at times, but it is worth it(in 9 reviews)

• "Which means work/life balance is difficult(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Definitely one of Fortune's Best Places to Work

Feb 19, 2020 - Customer Experience in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity for growth Relaxed work environment Work from home Awesome benefits Be part of a great team where you will fit in perfectly

Cons

None at all. Great place

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

GPTW

Sep 18, 2019 - Executive Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

American Fidelity Assurance is a great place to work with many great benefits such as on-site gym, on-site cafe, extra time off, work from home options, great health insurance and performance bonus.

Cons

None that I can think of

Thank you for sharing!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

No Cold Calling!

May 30, 2019 - Senior Account Manager in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've always loved sales but hated cold calls. I have THRIVED with American Fidelity as you see on average about 20 people a day as we work in schools and have to see everyone. I hit 6 figures my first full year with the company and have increased my income every single year....AND have a company car with gas card that can be used for personal use, too. Great retirement and benefits. Get to work from home on days when not at a school.

Cons

Hiring process takes some time, but worth the wait. Company keeps growing which is good, but keeps me busy.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company but still needs work

Mar 31, 2019 - Customer Service in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Pay Employees are valued and appreciated Good work/life balance Work from home options If you’ve never worked in the supplemental life field, you’ll learn a lot of very valuable life information you may not have known. From department to department no one is better than anyone else, the CEO can be seen in the cafe on a regular basis eating lunch and upper management is approachable. Great community work Great internships for teachers and students Gym New opportunities and incentives every day Amazing cafe I think the company understand the job we do can be very mentally and emotionally draining and we get a lot of opportunities to have breaks for fun.

Cons

In an environment that changes so much it would be nice for more preparation. We get so many junk emails on a daily basis it’s hard to keep up with what’s important. Management isn’t on the same board. Different rules from one to the next. Some departments are extremely unorganized which makes for a poor customer experience. Poor communication between departments which makes it confusing for the customer. Too many different departments. If a customer has a Cancer policy, Texas Life, Flex account and Annuity and they want to make a payment and need help submitting a claim that could be potentially 5 different people they end up talking to. After 6 months of being a permanent representative I feel like each person should be crossed trained on an additional product and that should continue every 6 months with a refresher course offered as well. Very selective in hiring process. I’ve referred 10, 8 of which have had interviews and have not been hired. All of which have very similar backgrounds to me and I was hired. The application process is difficult as well if you don’t know someone who works for the company. The quality scoring process is very uptight for a company that’s so fun and laid back.

Talent Management Team

We appreciate your feedback! We are in the process of implementing new technology that should provide one view of our policyholder and streamlines our Customer billing. Different areas have different needs for Colleagues to be in the office, so each manager is able to determine what works best for their specific team based on their job duties and meeting Customer and policyholder needs. We will share your advice regarding call escalation with our Operations leadership team, and encourage you to reach out to your leaders directly with suggestions.

5. 5.0
      Former Intern

Software Development Internship Review

Oct 16, 2018 - Anonymous Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, excellent work culture, flexible hours, work from home, good benefits

Cons

Not the most progressive regarding technology, lots of red tape

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place To Work!

Mar 29, 2018 - Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

AFA is the most flexible company I have ever workes for. The also have excellent benefits and strive in everyway to be a great place to work! (ie On-site gym, on-site health clinic, on-site bank, on-site training, advancement opportunities, work from home, bonus, 401k, pension plan, employer matching, bonus, paid personal time off, paid volunteer time...)

Cons

Yearly performance review (this is intended to be a good thing, but just heads up to those that have anxiety about reviews.)

7 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Customer Advocate- Call Center

Mar 15, 2018 - Customer Advocate in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get to work from home, PTO, Benefits and bonus

Cons

having to work mandatory overtime at the last minute when things got really busy. they let really good people good because they have to much knowledge.

4 people found this review helpful

Talent Management Team

Knowledge is definitely an important part of any role in our organization. However, knowledge is only one piece of success in a role. At American Fidelity, we also place a strong emphasis on competencies such as work habits, Customer focus and teamwork. Knowledge alone isn’t enough to guarantee success, but is part of an overall skill set needed to serve our Customers.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful

Oct 1, 2017 - Customer in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great compensation, work from home opportunities, everyone’s cares about the work they are doing

Cons

Lack of communication between departments

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Retention Sales Rep.

Nov 2, 2017 - Retention Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bonuses, benefits are good, ability to work from home, dress for your day, nice work environment, PTO, their vision of a company culture is good

Cons

Team Lead bullies good reliable workers out of their positions by firing them or making them pursue other job opportunities outside of the company. With this comes a lack of good training due to all the people who retained the knowledge being gone. The company does not look into the loss of good employees and continues to allow team lead to effect these things.

6 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Amazing family oriented company

Mar 19, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company that blends flexibility with competitive pay and benefits to create an environment that truly supports its colleagues. Work from home is a huge benefit the I feel privileged to participate in. I feel empowered to make decisions and feel that my skills, experience and knowledge are valued by my peers and by management. Lots of opportunity to participate on process and project development teams and gain skills outside my normal job description.

Cons

Bonus structure has made some employees feel a sense of entitlement. Aging workforce is also difficult to coach toward technology shifts. Also, the annual review and check in processes are tedious and I don't feel I gain insight from them.

Talent Management Team

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad you enjoy the benefits, flexibility and empowerment American Fidelity offers. Our compensation program undergoes a benchmarking process every three years to ensure our total compensation package remains competitive with other total compensation packages. We updated our pay for performance structure just last year to provide managers with more flexibility to reward Colleagues for performance. Our bonus structure is in place to provide all Colleagues with opportunities to share in the financial success of the company above their base pay. If you have any specific suggestions for improving the compensation and performance management processes, please contact the Talent Management and/or Total Rewards directors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews