American Fidelity Assurance Company Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

American Fidelity Assurance Company Account Manager Reviews

Updated 26 Sep 2019

3.8
American Fidelity Assurance Company CEO Bill Cameron (no image)
Bill Cameron
  1. "Managers lack respect for employee"

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Yes you do get a car to use, that was good. Training consisted of one week on school site enrolling less then 10 teachers. No time to learn their Annuity software. Learned it on the fly in front of a customer. Not good. Traveling was more than expected. Anticapate being out of town in Redding or other location for 6 days at a time then come home to leave out on Sunday for another week. Their base is very low, 35K..., but you work 55 hours plus per week. Think it works out to $14 an hour for a seasoned experienced life agent.

Cons

The managers provided no employee handbook, nor provide what their red line rules are that could result in a termination or displinary action. When it happens there is no communication on the issue or problem, then you are placed on unpaid leave. Not even an email, text or letter of what happened to justify their actions. So expect to be thrown out to schools with little guidence, expectation, nor training for... $14 an hour.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-09-26

"Great training, horrible management, high turnover, and questionable business model."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You will receive the latest and greatest in training and technology. Currently it is centered around Salesforce, and Gartner's Challenger sales method. The compensation is above industry average as well.

Cons

Major structural flaws that management has no interest in changing. The company markets the account manager position as unbiased benefits consultant to the school districts. However solutions you recommend need to include AF products if you want to proceed. Overall the position and company are a tragedy, there is a real need for benefits education in the school system. Unfortunately the model they use just funnels... money back to the company's owner Bill Cameron. Who happens to be the 103rd richest person in the world.

Advice to Management

Focus on paying out claims to educators rather than pilling on unnecessary products. It will be impossible to hit the targets for growth and profitability, while performing the necessary reforms. Not changing will result in states moving away from this model. Look at the changes in Washington State as an example.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-08-06

"Too much travel"

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

In Colorado you got to travel the state on the company dime.

Cons

Way too much travel depending on where you live. I traveled probably 80% and the demanded more. On top of that the work load is insane. This isn’t a long term career option in this state.

Advice to Management

Focus more on employee retention rather than numbers

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-07-07

"The last job you'll interview for!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Extensive Sales & Customer Service training prior to stepping foot in the field. Continual support from upper management. Opportunity for rapid growth in compensation. The position is the best combination of Sales & Customer Service. Challenges growth daily. Helping educators secure financial freedom and financial protection with insurance benefits. AMAZING benefits.

Cons

Hiring process can take some time. Transitional period between time of hiring and production time.

Advice to Management

Keep up with continual support and training to field reps. Challenge thinking.

5. "A Different Opinion"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Saginaw, MI

Pros

Long Term employment, Family Oriented, Both service and product sales. Flexible, Great Benefits, amazing training tools, corporate support.

Cons

Transitioning to a new position

Advice to Management

Keep providing training tools and support for your Account Managers

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-05-30
  6. "Outstanding Company, Great Culture!! Looking for your last job!!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Akron, OH

Pros

Excellent training, unlike any other benefit provider, they are very niche focused in schools and do an outstanding job in partnering with their schools to provide a lot of great value. Culture is amazing, on a team with over 30 account managers and great leadership and amazing support for one of the largest privately owned insurance companies. I finally found my last job!!!

Cons

Their can be travel but the company pays for everything.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-05-30
  7. "Great Company, Outstanding People"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Springfield, MA

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great culture, great pay, awesome retirement, family oriented. Love this company. Have worked here over 15 years and will retire here. Company Car! All expenses paid. Great training. Everyone wants you to succeed. American Fidelity changed my life and my families!

Cons

They are very selective on who they hire, not always a quick process but is a life changer.

Advice to Management

Keep working to always have the positive culture we currently have!

8. "No Cold Calling!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Detroit, MI

Pros

I've always loved sales but hated cold calls. I have THRIVED with American Fidelity as you see on average about 20 people a day as we work in schools and have to see everyone. I hit 6 figures my first full year with the company and have increased my income every single year....AND have a company car with gas card that can be used for personal use, too. Great retirement and benefits. Get to work from home on... days when not at a school.

Cons

Hiring process takes some time, but worth the wait. Company keeps growing which is good, but keeps me busy.

Advice to Management

Appreciate all the support and making our team feel like family.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-05-30
  9. "Wonderful place to grow a career!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Base salary Company vehicle Great colleagues Professional growth No out of pocket expense No cold calling

Cons

Travel is part of the position, however it is communicated well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-05-30
  10. "Don't miss this opportunity!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Great Sales Potential, Bonuses, Benefits, and a Company Car

Cons

Traveling and hotel stays, but that's all paid for including per diems.

Advice to Management

Keep giving us support and training that we need!

Found 47 reviews