American Dental Partners Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

American Dental Partners Reviews

Updated Sep 6, 2019

3.3
American Dental Partners CEO Kevin Trexler  (no image)
Kevin Trexler
Pros
  • "Huge emphasis on work life balance, the work you do matters more than the hours you put in(in 8 reviews)

• "good benefits thats basically it(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management behaves like teenagers(in 11 reviews)

• "No raises, health insurance is very high, plan on bringing home no paycheck(in 9 reviews)

1. "n/a"

Former Employee - Patient Engagement Advocate

I worked at American Dental Partners full-time

Pros

good benefits thats basically it

Cons

too much work with little pay and dont get acknowledged or a raise

American Dental Partners2019-09-02

"Run"

Former Employee - Analyst in Wakefield, MA

I worked at American Dental Partners full-time

Pros

Work Life Balance. You can work from home during winter. Free Coffee, Milk, and Soda. Staff are friendly and very welcoming.

Cons

Lack of structure. American Dental Partner attracted many many great talents. Unfortunately, people don't last over 3 years. There are many things that need to change and when it comes time to implement those changes, veterans refuses to adapt and people will get frustrated and quit.

American Dental Partners2019-09-07

"Nice to gain experience"

Former Employee - PSR

I worked at American Dental Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part of the job is when you have really great coworkers, and the knowledge that I gained

Cons

The pay (raises were rare), benefits were so expensive and barely covered anything before deductible, they will over work you and not want to compensate you.

American Dental Partners2019-07-15

"Prosthodontist Assistant"

Current Employee - Prosthodontist Assistant in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at American Dental Partners full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Quality dentistry - work with people with drive and compassion

Cons

Very difficult to move up in the company

Advice to Management

You all tend to forget about the hard working assistants that are on the job day after day with a smile on her face

American Dental Partners2019-04-07
  5. "Marketing is a large department in the company"

Former Employee - IS Tech Support in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at American Dental Partners full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fair benefits and pay. Many different kinds of careers in one company

Cons

Priorities are a moving target which make for uncertainty

Advice to Management

Be clear with goals so the staff/employees can be productive

American Dental Partners2019-04-25

"Worst employer on the planet"

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at American Dental Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are a blast

Cons

Only care about the bottom line-$$ not the patients certainly not the employees Horrible communication Terrible management Very little opportunity for growth You're lucky if you ever get a raise and new employees will be paid more than you. No loyalty to long term employees-you are never safe from termination No training for new hires they just throw you in at the expense of the quality of care for patients High... turnover rate So dysfunctional

Advice to Management

Start listening to your employees and treating them with respect and get your new managers some training on what the staff does. They're the ones on the front lines working with the patients and keeping the lights on. All you managers do is go to meetings and get absolutely nothing resolved and when you aren't in meetings you just sit in your offices and continue to be blind and ignorant to the problems.

American Dental Partners2019-04-26

American Dental Partners Response

May 20, 2019Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. Making sure that our team members are provided with the training and resources they need to be successful in their role is of the utmost importance to us. Your feedback has been shared with our People Development team, and the leaders of our Minnesota affiliates. As we continue to update our training and development programs and our incentives for new hires, we will be sure to keep your feedback and perspective in mind while doing so. We appreciate your honesty, and hope to grow and drive improvements that make our groups an employer and provider of choice in their communities.

7. "Growing Quickly, Good Team Members"

I have been working at American Dental Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of emphasis on improving culture. More team events, community service opportunities, etc... The benefits package is good and the 401k with match was competitive. Everyone here is really friendly and cares about doing the right thing for their team and their patients. Huge emphasis on work life balance, the work you do matters more than the hours you put in. Very family friendly culture and supportive... management team.

Cons

Sometimes change happens quickly and it is a bit rocky, and other times it takes a long time to get things implemented. Benefits are great but the family plan is a little on the higher side., however I appreciate the flexibility of the offerings that are available.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction!

American Dental Partners2019-02-28
  8. "ADPi - market leader!"

Current Employee - Vice President Clinical Development in Austin, TX

Pros

Core Values- Pt Centric- People First- pathways for growth- very open to input by anyone - Dr Autonomy

Cons

Size( both a pro & con) Lack of absolute - structure & process Dr Autonomy (both a Pro & Con)

Advice to Management

Keep grinding— you will take us where many thought not possible

American Dental Partners2019-02-28

"Avoid the headache"

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Brentwood, TN

I worked at American Dental Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

love my vocation, made lasting friendships.

Cons

Company is unorganized; I was not given my first paycheck in a timely manner. Benefits are expensive and not great. Management was more interested in the bottom line than employees. Did not feel appreciated. No raises or incentives. Employees were encouraged to gripe about coworkers by the boss. Jobs were posted before vacancies existed due to high turnover or in an attempt to intimidate employees . It has taken... months to “find” a replacement for my position. Low morale due to overwork.

Advice to Management

Value the hard work of your employees. Communicate with them and be supportive of your team. Do not set your staff up for failure.

American Dental Partners2019-02-22
  10. "Great place"

Current Employee - Manager in Arrowhead Ranch, AZ

Pros

Great company, values employees, flexible, appriciation, has best technology

Cons

Nothing, none, no, nope , not any cons

American Dental Partners2019-02-10