American Apparel Reviews
26% would recommend to a friend
(1071 total reviews)
10% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor management and definitely disorganized" (in 106 reviews)
- "Pay is low and sale staff is not allowed to work overtime." (in 86 reviews)
- "Hours dirty stock room and managers r rude and elitist" (in 38 reviews)
- "Long hours but rewarding in the end when you're ahead of the curve in this industry." (in 37 reviews)
- "Poor upper management; High turnover rate" (in 36 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of American Apparel and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,071 of over 1K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0Dec 4, 2023Retail Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsVancouver, BC
Relaxed work environment, flexible work hours.
Not great pay, no manager support.
American Apparel Reviews FAQs
American Apparel has an overall rating of 2.7 out of 5, based on over 1,094 reviews left anonymously by employees. 26% of employees would recommend working at American Apparel to a friend and 4% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.
26% of American Apparel employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated American Apparel 2.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.1 for culture and values and 2.2 for career opportunities.