Amazon "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Amazon Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Apr 3, 2020

3.9
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos
23,638 Ratings
Pros
  • "good work environment is a good thing(in 1845 reviews)

• "Good pay compared to other service based companies(in 1500 reviews)

Cons
  • "its annoying to work long hours(in 1848 reviews)

• "no cons - absolutely enjoyed it(in 848 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Customer Obsession with Employee Progression!"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Amazon full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Teams are not just limited to groups, department’s, portfolio but Amazon is a family called as Amazonian. * Being a new employee, I am receiving valuable trainings, companies principles justification (don't just follow blindly), Tools to make life easy, support of colleagues and warm welcome of leadership. * Management is highly approachable as goal is to be customer obsessed and provide best services by keeping aside any internal difference * Rigorous interview process but to select you for a challenging role, everyday is day 1, so be ready to be challenged by customers (directly or indirectly) * According to role, you would have flexibility to work from home or on-premise, but Amazon would provide you remote tools to connect anywhere and work * Compensation is great (at least for me) including base, joining bonus, Reserved Stock Units (RSU’s) and more benefits(all according to role, location, and level). Matches 401K/RRSP deductions, and best health programs * Work environment is healthy in all way — care for employees with all colours, gender, religion, and beliefs * No limitation on technical progression and learning opportunities. Internal move is also possible * Everyone is a leader at Amazon in a way * At Amazon, you will be more focused on customers instead of competitors * Looking forward to enormous opportunities ahead for any path - Leadership and/or Technical experts

Cons

* No Amazon prime membership for free * Employee discount program could be better * Haven’t found anymore yet!

Continue reading
    Amazon2020-03-02
  2. "Not that great if you are ambitious"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Amazon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good name, great work environment, amazing perks

Cons

Very slow rate to move up the ladder. Too much physical work

Amazon2020-03-03
  3. "great experience"

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

"great learning opportunities, fast paced organisation, good working environment

Cons

i don't have anything negative to say.

Amazon2020-02-22
  4. "Good work place"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Brampton, ON

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work environment For everyone.

Cons

10hour shift Is to long.. It should be 8 hours.

Amazon2019-12-19
  5. "Good Relatively Easy Job"

Former Employee - Order Picker in Milton, ON

I worked at Amazon part-time for less than a year

Pros

Relatively Easy job, good pay, swagbucks dollars, clean work environment

Cons

you have to meet the 100% picking rate, I got picked one day for doing 96% instead

Amazon2019-11-14
  6. "Process Assistant"

I worked at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great working environment and good hr personnel

Cons

Very demanding especially at the warehouse locations due to rate tracking pressure

Amazon2019-10-26
  7. "Be prepared to be proactive to do your job well"

Current Intern - Software Development Engineer Intern in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Amazon for less than a year

Pros

Salary is great. Motivated colleagues.

Cons

Work environment depends on the team you are on and can be stressful. Little guidance when you just started. You have to take charge of your own career development and promotion.

Amazon2019-10-21
  8. "This is true information which i m providing you"

Current Employee - Receiving

I have been working at Amazon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Gud working environment and gud salary scales

Cons

Physical strength requied to fullfill job requirements

Continue reading
    Amazon2019-10-02
  9. "<3"

Former Intern - AFE Software Development Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Amazon for less than a year

Pros

Challenging but doable work, great 1:1 mentorship, fun work environment/intern events, respected company

Cons

Less perks/free stuff compared to other large tech companies like Google, Microsoft , Facebook etc.

Amazon2019-08-27
  10. "Okay, but m back hurt too much — no accommodation"

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Toronto, ON

I worked at Amazon full-time for less than a year

Pros

It was supposed to be a steady job while I finished off university, something that wouldn't challenge me mentally, so I could go home and have the mental stamina to focus on schoolwork. Well, it was that while it lasted... The job was very simple and there was a lot of independence. You really didn't need to speak to anyone if you didn't want to, and on top of that, the warehouse environment felt very safe and secure. There were two short breaks and one longer, 30-minute break. Also, extended medical benefits (dental and vision, from what I remember) were available from the first day on the job. Pay was above minimum wage and shifts were 10 hours each, so you could get three-day weekends.

Cons

Very, very impersonal work environment, to the point where being in the warehouse was slightly emotionally painful and felt toxic. I didn't realize this until after I left. The work was physically demanding: I am a woman and my back hurt while I was working there (I left because of this after a short time). There was no accommodation available and the medical personnel on-site was speculating diagnoses that minimized the pain I felt even though I explained that I had done everything I could do to fix it (insoles, heated blanket, ergonomic movements, muscle relaxant/painkiller). I also didn't have the option of taking more than a couple of days of unpaid time off though my back needed a week or two, at least. HR on that day was a young, mousy woman who whispered that I could be accommodated but when I tried to inquire about this possibility, the medical personnel (who was also there) stepped in and said there was no point "if you are going to quit anyway." I received an email a week or so later advising me that I had been terminated, even though I had quit and filled out an exit interview advising them of my problems/the reasons for leaving. This was a little fishy and leads me to believe they don't follow internal and external HR regulations too strictly.

Amazon2019-09-10