AltisHR Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

AltisHR Reviews

Updated Sep 11, 2019

Found 59 reviews

4.3
AltisHR CEO Kathryn Tremblay (no image)
Kathryn Tremblay
Pros
  • "I am glad that I came across Altis Professionals when I came to Toronto(in 8 reviews)

• "Very matrix driven, fun company culture, dynamic work environment - lots of room to grow(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "i haven't had any cons with Altis(in 7 reviews)

• "No cons it is a wonderful company to work at(in 6 reviews)

1. "Altishr"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, great compensation and overall great company

Cons

No cons, it is a great company to work for!

AltisHR2019-07-25
  2. "AltisHR"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great exposure to market and industries

Cons

Long hours and high volume expectations

AltisHR2019-09-11
  3. "Great culture but not much else"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

They've created a fun culture and you will make friends for life, however that is the draw-in so they can underpay and overwork their staff. I did learn a lot in my time there but it was at the mercy of my social life. I understand pushing your staff to perform at the highest level possible, however the anxiety that myself and others have felt in that job is not worth it.

Cons

Compensation - it's all smoke and mirrors. They never fully explain how you make your money, so you never know what your commissions really are. I sat down with my Team Lead multiple times to go over it, and it was still sketchy and not transparent. Micromanagement - every call, email, website is tracked and monitored and used against you and your productivity. Your time is tracked to the minute (lunch breaks,... start time, etc.) and you're reprimanded if you're not sitting at your desk before you're even on the clock. Yet overtime is still expected and necessary to complete your workload, expect some 12 hour days. The amount of work and deliverables they expect are not feasible and what you do accomplish isn't acknowledged. It pushes people out the door and to work for other employers who appreciate them.

Advice to Management

Please listen to your staff and even those that have recently left and you'll be able to improve and increase retention. Unfortunately you'll keep seeing this turn-over until you have Team Leads that respect and encourage their team and not make micromanage and disrespect those that are working themselves to the bone to try and meet the insane expectations.

AltisHR2019-07-30
  4. "A Professional Company"

Former Employee - Records Analyst in Ottawa, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked with many temp agencies, but I found Altis to be one of the very best. They really went out of their way to find the right fit for me, and one installed they kept in close touch in a very supportive way. The pay was good too. It was a very enjoyable placement with very interesting work, in a great environment.

Cons

Didn't really need the free gum they handed out!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

AltisHR2019-04-23
  5. "Great Experience"

I have been working at AltisHR full-time

Pros

The staff is very professional. I wasn't actively looking for a job but I was unhappy with my current employment situation. I was located through LinkedIn by one of AltisHR recruiters who successfully placed me with my current employer. It has been 4 months with my current employer and I am very happy. It was a great fit. The process placing me with my current employer was very simple, they assisted with... negotiating the terms of my benefits and salary and I was able to maintain a work from home and office balance I have become accustomed to. Overall great experience.

Cons

I had given this a lot of thought and I cannot think of any cons.

AltisHR2019-02-26

"Great Team!"

I have been working at AltisHR full-time

Pros

- excellent team environment, the best team I have worked for - everyone is supportive and wants to see you succeed - different every day - freedom to plan own day

Cons

So far no downsides to this position. I really love the Team, I do not see myself leaving any time soon.

Advice to Management

Keep being supportive. This has been the best Team and Management that I have worked for throughout my career.

AltisHR2019-02-14
  7. "They bring their A game!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A fantastic management team that is there to support you and sets you up for success. A great culture and environment that is fun and gives you opportunities to grow. Regarding environment with passionate people.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment so once and a while you do need to stay late.

AltisHR2019-02-14
  8. "IT Recruitment Specialist"

Current Employee - IT Recruitment Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time

Pros

*flexible time work opportunities *team-oriented culture and cohesive work environment *respect for job seekers and clients *high-standard ethic approach to work *use of advanced IT technology and tools *clearly defined targets and expectation for every employee and company

Cons

I have not been able identify any cons yet

AltisHR2019-02-14
  9. "Best Place to Work - Hands Down!!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time for less than a year

Pros

The absolute best group of people I have every worked with. The team celebrates each others successes and they are always willing to lend a hand if you need assistance. Management is very understanding and really listens to suggestions. Commission structure is very rewarding!

Cons

Genuinely cannot think of any cons. Honestly just a great place to work over all!

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are doing because it is obviously working!

10. "Recruiter/Account Manager"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

One of the best cultures I have been apart of. I have worked with many staffing agencies in the past and there has never been a company where I have felt more supported. Very collaborative work environment. AltisHR does it's best to set you up for success. They provide rigorous training and further development after. There is no internal competition unless we are having a fun competition against each other but... everyone gets commission/rewarded for everything they contribute. Growth potential is high. There is growth potential, if that is for team lead/management, or growing into another division or titles, this can happen. Overall, fantastic company with fantastic people to work with and learn from everyday.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind for Cons.

Found 59 reviews