AltisHR Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Kathryn Tremblay

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I am consistently offered placements/opportunities that fit my skills and offer a positive and stimulating work environment (in 4 reviews)

• I have worked with many agency but Altis hr is the best one I felt (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There isn't much incentive for recruiters, you really only get commission if you are running a 360 desk/doing business development at the same time (in 3 reviews)

• I don't know where you find a sales driven role that doesn't require hard work (in 3 reviews)

"Great Source for Temporary Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with AltisHR for over a year and they were the employment agency I had the most success with. The staff are incredibly friendly and attentive and are great at finding you roles. As with most staffing agencies, building a positive relationship between you and your representative/s at the agency is the key to success. If they can trust you to be a reliable worker and can be confident in placing you in a workplace they will offer you a lot of opportunities. They was never any negativity when I would turn down opportunities or adjust my availability and they seemed open to hearing all feedback about a workplace or experience.

The industries I was placed in were diverse and some roles were more advanced than others. Altis were quite good at explaining what the role would entail and what would be expected prior to placement.

I appreciated that the timesheet system was online and could be approved without any effort from the worker.

Without AltisHR I wouldn't have been able to temp for as long as I did so I highly recommend their services if you're looking to find temporary placements.

Cons

Occasionally didn't hear back when interviewing for extended placements and had to chase up a response.

Hourly rates were often very low and few jobs payed higher than $12. I never did challenge this however and perhaps negotiation is possible.

2. "Waste of time"

Pros

nothing good to say here

Cons

Everything else is not good

3. "Horrible service, only big promises"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros at all. They give lots of hopes to potential candidates but they never call them back for any opportunities. Most of the jobs posted seems to be fake and does not exist.

Cons

Unprofessional services, need to improve a lot and be very genuine with the aspiring candidates. Give unnecessary hopes to candidates.

Advice to Management

Please don't ruin and play with the emotions and career of poor candidatea

"Exceptional Experience with AltisHR - Downtown Toronto Location"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Toronto, ON

Pros

I registered with AltisHR and they helped me find a full-time permanent position within a month. I've also recommended friends and they have had a very positive experience with Altis as well. I've been at my job for over a year now and they still keep in touch. Could not be happier with their service.

Cons

None - they do everything they can for you.

"Communications Advisor"

Former Employee - Communications in Ottawa, ON
    Former Employee - Communications in Ottawa, ON

Pros

Opportunity to work through Altis at some really interesting places, great experiences, chance to work in lots of different organizations.

Cons

Like all agencies, they prioritize the company - not the person working for the agency. If issues arrive, they throw employees right under the bus.

Advice to Management

Value the high performers who, if manager/company is toxic, get caught between a rock and a hard place (between you and the company).

"Canada's Top 50 Best Employers"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiting & Placement Specialist in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiting & Placement Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AltisHR has a collaborative work environment, proven system, dynamic people, awesome location, training provided, positive & motivating, great incentives - TEAM TIME

Cons

It's hard to say anything bad! It is demanding, you need to be flexible with your time - because deadlines must be met. It is a fast-paced environment, never enough hours in the day!

"Possibly the worst company in Toronto to work for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the girls you work with will become your friends for the rest of your life. Because how can you NOT bond over experiencing the definition of business practices going terribly terribly wrong.

Cons

DO NOT WORK HERE.

-no internet access
    -they will time you to the minute of when you log into your computer in the morning and when you log out at the end of the day
    -lunch breaks are only from 12-1 (TO THE MINUTE)
    -Want to go have lunch with a friend and not a co-worker in the lunch room? be prepared for the third degree on why you aren't joining the CULT
    -Commission is supposed to be a "paid for performance" model. Work at Altis if you want to work 12 hour days with the most demoralising commission structure.
    -NO BONUS - unless you want to compete against everyone in the company playing pre-school themed games during 3 months of the year and then be paid out in mall gift cards and forced to spend it all in one day.
    -This office environment is the definition of the management divide. Senior management (all the way up to CEO) are the most passive aggressive women I have ever met. WOW could they ever twist your words to make you feel humiliated, stupid, and not important.

Overall this company is a JOKE.

Commission structure really just pays the company and not you.

There is a reason why there are only 3-4 assocaites that have stayed past 5 years!

There is a reason why they only higher new grads who don't know any better!

There is a reason why they don't encourage you to speak in private!

There is a reason why there is no career path! - nobody stays long enough for there to be a need for progression

Advice to Management

Stop being fake.

"Excellent Service!"

Pros

Altis HR has allowed and helped me to get my foot in the door in this insanely competitive city, Toronto. They dealt with everything from my first initial interview to signing my employment contract. They kept me informed throughout the whole process and was always available if I ever had any concerns. I owe it to Altis for beginning my career!

Cons

I have no cons to apply to this section.

"Altis Employment Review"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant On Placement in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant On Placement in Toronto, ON

Pros

They actively e-mail you with opportunities, and contact you via phone. They dont hold it against you if the opportunity isn't the right one for you. Been working with them for a year now, and never had an issue in regards to pay/hours. They also check in on you periodically to see if theyre are any concerns you might have at the workplace.

Cons

I cannot see a con to this company, they help you find employment at a fair wage. And keep on going relations between themselves and you open.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what your doing, its great work and shows with the placements youve found for myself.

"Great Experience with Altishr"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Pros

I would just like to say that I really enjoy working with Altishr. They all have been the greatest help to me and have given me plenty of opportunities to explore. I appreciate all the help that Altishr has provided me. I find the staff wonderful and efficient in finding me the right employment opportunities. I have learnt so much in the previous years from the hard work and dedication put in by them to help me succeed in my career goals.

Cons

I have enjoyed working with Altishr.