AltisHR Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Kathryn Tremblay

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "AltisHR has "team time" every Friday, which really helps you connect with the other members of your team, and relax after a busy week" (in 4 reviews)

• "Weekly pay, quick placement, great representatives, a feeling of collaboration and that they actually want to place you" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "However, if you are driven by set goals, clear expectations, a supportive management team, and a good commission structure than you will do well here" (in 5 reviews)

• "No cons it is a wonderful company to work at" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Recruiter"

I worked at AltisHR full-time

Pros

Amazing company! Great place to work!

Cons

No cons it is a wonderful company to work at.

"Recruiter"

I worked at AltisHR full-time

Pros

Great teammates. Good entry level opportunities.

Cons

Low salaries. Very poor commission structure.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like people, not work machines.

"TERRIBLE CULTURE - PLEASE AVOID!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff are really nice and enjoy going out together after a hard days work. When the CEO (Kathryn) pops into the office she is very warm and easy to talk to.

Your unhappiness will not make up for any of the pros that are actually here. They offer you 'team time' on Friday's to enjoy snacks and drinks with the office but in reality, most staff can't afford that hour from 4-5 to enjoy themselves.

You'll also get a decent work-life balance as their emails don't allow you to work from home and you rarely need to go into the office on the weekends BUT a lot of the time you do need to stay late during the week to hit your numbers.

If you're also into working with a bunch of Toronto King West girls - you'll love it here! Revealing and skimpy clothes on the women ALWAYS!

Cons

INSANE metrics - they're never happy with what you produce! And also they micromanage like crazy. They're also quite shady in terms of the offer letter and commission structure. I've seen a number of people let go within a month and week before their 6-month probation. Salary isn't that competitive and can find better pay at other recruitment firms.

Advice to Management

Please stop micromanaging your staff and please reevaluate your metrics. I've had this discussion with my team lead a number of times but she couldn't do anything because her director was micromanaging her. Directors; Please let your team leads take control as you'll see more success from the consultants/account managers and you'll see less turnover.

Please also allow more flexibility in the office like work from home or taking your lunch at another hour. You also frown upon on your staff for stepping out for 5-10 minutes to grab a coffee or a snack. Please loosen up and stop being so stuffy!

I've tried to share my feedback a number of times but it never really worked. I'm happy that I've grown into a Talent & Culture role to implement the opposite of what this culture is.

AltisHR Response

23 Apr, 2018 – Marketing Director

It’s unfortunate to read your negative comments regarding your time at altisHR. You’re right, in a position that relates to sales, metrics are inevitable. They are not intended to micromanage, they... More

"Recruiter"

Pros

Good Workplace, good office. Friendly Reception.

Cons

Everyone feels threatened by someone who is well versed. They want people who can be ruled over.

"Worst Company to work for!!!!"

I have been working at AltisHR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No Pros at all !

Cons

One of the most unprofessional people to work with!
    They track their employees performance the minute you log in and to each email you sent , to how many calls you make weekly and to how many emails you sent out each week!
    You have no choice over which clients you want to work with or chose accordingly to where your expertise lie.They follow a very authoritative leadership style.
    One of the most demotivating commission structure ever which pay rates being ridiculously low.
    They hire recent graduates and fire them without a reason before they complete their probation regardless of their performance . I have seen 4 people being terminated infront of me without a cause ! You never know who will be next ...it’s ridiculous! I am so looking to make a move from here.
    Their turnover rate speaks volume about their management style!

Advice to Management

Stop favoritism please and work on your commission structure.

AltisHR Response

19 Mar, 2018 – Marketing and Events Manager

As a current employee of the altisHR team, we are surprised to read your comments online. We practice an open door policy and strongly encourage you to voice your opinions in person. If you do not... More

"Great Source for Temporary Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with AltisHR for over a year and they were the employment agency I had the most success with. The staff are incredibly friendly and attentive and are great at finding you roles. As with most staffing agencies, building a positive relationship between you and your representative/s at the agency is the key to success. If they can trust you to be a reliable worker and can be confident in placing you in a workplace they will offer you a lot of opportunities. They was never any negativity when I would turn down opportunities or adjust my availability and they seemed open to hearing all feedback about a workplace or experience.

The industries I was placed in were diverse and some roles were more advanced than others. Altis were quite good at explaining what the role would entail and what would be expected prior to placement.

I appreciated that the timesheet system was online and could be approved without any effort from the worker.

Without AltisHR I wouldn't have been able to temp for as long as I did so I highly recommend their services if you're looking to find temporary placements.

Cons

Occasionally didn't hear back when interviewing for extended placements and had to chase up a response.

Hourly rates were often very low and few jobs payed higher than $12. I never did challenge this however and perhaps negotiation is possible.

"Waste of time"

Pros

nothing good to say here

Cons

Everything else is not good

"Horrible service, only big promises"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros at all. They give lots of hopes to potential candidates but they never call them back for any opportunities. Most of the jobs posted seems to be fake and does not exist.

Cons

Unprofessional services, need to improve a lot and be very genuine with the aspiring candidates. Give unnecessary hopes to candidates.

Advice to Management

Please don't ruin and play with the emotions and career of poor candidatea

"Exceptional Experience with AltisHR - Downtown Toronto Location"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Toronto, ON

Pros

I registered with AltisHR and they helped me find a full-time permanent position within a month. I've also recommended friends and they have had a very positive experience with Altis as well. I've been at my job for over a year now and they still keep in touch. Could not be happier with their service.

Cons

None - they do everything they can for you.

"Communications Advisor"

Former Employee - Communications in Ottawa, ON
    Former Employee - Communications in Ottawa, ON

Pros

Opportunity to work through Altis at some really interesting places, great experiences, chance to work in lots of different organizations.

Cons

Like all agencies, they prioritize the company - not the person working for the agency. If issues arrive, they throw employees right under the bus.

Advice to Management

Value the high performers who, if manager/company is toxic, get caught between a rock and a hard place (between you and the company).