AltisHR Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

AltisHR Reviews

Updated Oct 17, 2019

4.2
AltisHR CEO Kathryn Tremblay (no image)
Kathryn Tremblay
Pros
  • "Very matrix driven, fun company culture, dynamic work environment - lots of room to grow(in 7 reviews)

• "I am glad that I came across Altis Professionals when I came to Toronto(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons, it is a great company to work for(in 7 reviews)

• "i haven't had any cons with Altis(in 7 reviews)

1. "Altishr"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, great compensation and overall great company

Cons

No cons, it is a great company to work for!

AltisHR2019-07-25
  2. "Great ATS, poor management"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Vancouver, BC

I worked at AltisHR full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great employee culture Good training package

Cons

Poor commission system Inefficient management non-existent work/life balance

AltisHR2019-10-17
  3. "Opportunity of a lifetime !"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at AltisHR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked with AltisHR for 2.5 years and it has been the opportunity of a lifetime. Especially for young professionals, it subjects you to amazing experience in a fast-paced and demanding industry. It is a fun place to work with a great culture. This role has set me up for success and I wouldn't be where I am today without this opportunity.

Cons

Mostly positive - nothing at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing by listening to your staff and their opinions on what they need from you. Ensure that staff feel that they are in the right area and space for them, not feeling like they have too much on their plate, and you are set!

AltisHR2019-10-04
  4. "Revolving door"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coffee and snacks Big office

Cons

Revolving door Unwelcoming atmosphere Cliquey environment

AltisHR2019-10-01

"Great culture but not much else"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

They've created a fun culture and you will make friends for life, however that is the draw-in so they can underpay and overwork their staff. I did learn a lot in my time there but it was at the mercy of my social life. I understand pushing your staff to perform at the highest level possible, however the anxiety that myself and others have felt in that job is not worth it.

Cons

Compensation - it's all smoke and mirrors. They never fully explain how you make your money, so you never know what your commissions really are. I sat down with my Team Lead multiple times to go over it, and it was still sketchy and not transparent. Micromanagement - every call, email, website is tracked and monitored and used against you and your productivity. Your time is tracked to the minute (lunch breaks,... start time, etc.) and you're reprimanded if you're not sitting at your desk before you're even on the clock. Yet overtime is still expected and necessary to complete your workload, expect some 12 hour days. The amount of work and deliverables they expect are not feasible and what you do accomplish isn't acknowledged. It pushes people out the door and to work for other employers who appreciate them.

Advice to Management

Please listen to your staff and even those that have recently left and you'll be able to improve and increase retention. Unfortunately you'll keep seeing this turn-over until you have Team Leads that respect and encourage their team and not make micromanage and disrespect those that are working themselves to the bone to try and meet the insane expectations.

AltisHR2019-07-30
  6. "A Professional Company"

Former Employee - Records Analyst in Ottawa, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked with many temp agencies, but I found Altis to be one of the very best. They really went out of their way to find the right fit for me, and one installed they kept in close touch in a very supportive way. The pay was good too. It was a very enjoyable placement with very interesting work, in a great environment.

Cons

Didn't really need the free gum they handed out!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

AltisHR2019-04-23
  7. "Great Experience"

I have been working at AltisHR full-time

Pros

The staff is very professional. I wasn't actively looking for a job but I was unhappy with my current employment situation. I was located through LinkedIn by one of AltisHR recruiters who successfully placed me with my current employer. It has been 4 months with my current employer and I am very happy. It was a great fit. The process placing me with my current employer was very simple, they assisted with... negotiating the terms of my benefits and salary and I was able to maintain a work from home and office balance I have become accustomed to. Overall great experience.

Cons

I had given this a lot of thought and I cannot think of any cons.

AltisHR2019-02-26

"Great Team!"

I have been working at AltisHR full-time

Pros

- excellent team environment, the best team I have worked for - everyone is supportive and wants to see you succeed - different every day - freedom to plan own day

Cons

So far no downsides to this position. I really love the Team, I do not see myself leaving any time soon.

Advice to Management

Keep being supportive. This has been the best Team and Management that I have worked for throughout my career.

AltisHR2019-02-14
  9. "They bring their A game!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A fantastic management team that is there to support you and sets you up for success. A great culture and environment that is fun and gives you opportunities to grow. Regarding environment with passionate people.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment so once and a while you do need to stay late.

AltisHR2019-02-14
  10. "IT Recruitment Specialist"

Current Employee - IT Recruitment Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time

Pros

*flexible time work opportunities *team-oriented culture and cohesive work environment *respect for job seekers and clients *high-standard ethic approach to work *use of advanced IT technology and tools *clearly defined targets and expectation for every employee and company

Cons

I have not been able identify any cons yet

Found 61 reviews