AltisHR Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

4.7
Kathryn Tremblay

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I am consistently offered placements/opportunities that fit my skills and offer a positive and stimulating work environment (in 4 reviews)

• Extensive training program for new consultants (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There isn't much incentive for recruiters, you really only get commission if you are running a 360 desk/doing business development at the same time (in 3 reviews)

• I don't know where you find a sales driven role that doesn't require hard work (in 3 reviews)

"Exceptional Experience with AltisHR - Downtown Toronto Location"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Toronto, ON

Pros

I registered with AltisHR and they helped me find a full-time permanent position within a month. I've also recommended friends and they have had a very positive experience with Altis as well. I've been at my job for over a year now and they still keep in touch. Could not be happier with their service.

Cons

None - they do everything they can for you.

"Communications Advisor"

Former Employee - Communications in Ottawa, ON
    Former Employee - Communications in Ottawa, ON

Pros

Opportunity to work through Altis at some really interesting places, great experiences, chance to work in lots of different organizations.

Cons

Like all agencies, they prioritize the company - not the person working for the agency. If issues arrive, they throw employees right under the bus.

Advice to Management

Value the high performers who, if manager/company is toxic, get caught between a rock and a hard place (between you and the company).

"Canada's Top 50 Best Employers"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiting & Placement Specialist in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiting & Placement Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AltisHR has a collaborative work environment, proven system, dynamic people, awesome location, training provided, positive & motivating, great incentives - TEAM TIME

Cons

It's hard to say anything bad! It is demanding, you need to be flexible with your time - because deadlines must be met. It is a fast-paced environment, never enough hours in the day!

5. "Possibly the worst company in Toronto to work for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the girls you work with will become your friends for the rest of your life. Because how can you NOT bond over experiencing the definition of business practices going terribly terribly wrong.

Cons

DO NOT WORK HERE.

-no internet access
    -they will time you to the minute of when you log into your computer in the morning and when you log out at the end of the day
    -lunch breaks are only from 12-1 (TO THE MINUTE)
    -Want to go have lunch with a friend and not a co-worker in the lunch room? be prepared for the third degree on why you aren't joining the CULT
    -Commission is supposed to be a "paid for performance" model. Work at Altis if you want to work 12 hour days with the most demoralising commission structure.
    -NO BONUS - unless you want to compete against everyone in the company playing pre-school themed games during 3 months of the year and then be paid out in mall gift cards and forced to spend it all in one day.
    -This office environment is the definition of the management divide. Senior management (all the way up to CEO) are the most passive aggressive women I have ever met. WOW could they ever twist your words to make you feel humiliated, stupid, and not important.

Overall this company is a JOKE.

Commission structure really just pays the company and not you.

There is a reason why there are only 3-4 assocaites that have stayed past 5 years!

There is a reason why they only higher new grads who don't know any better!

There is a reason why they don't encourage you to speak in private!

There is a reason why there is no career path! - nobody stays long enough for there to be a need for progression

Advice to Management

Stop being fake.

"Excellent Service!"

Pros

Altis HR has allowed and helped me to get my foot in the door in this insanely competitive city, Toronto. They dealt with everything from my first initial interview to signing my employment contract. They kept me informed throughout the whole process and was always available if I ever had any concerns. I owe it to Altis for beginning my career!

Cons

I have no cons to apply to this section.

"Altis Employment Review"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant On Placement in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant On Placement in Toronto, ON

Pros

They actively e-mail you with opportunities, and contact you via phone. They dont hold it against you if the opportunity isn't the right one for you. Been working with them for a year now, and never had an issue in regards to pay/hours. They also check in on you periodically to see if theyre are any concerns you might have at the workplace.

Cons

I cannot see a con to this company, they help you find employment at a fair wage. And keep on going relations between themselves and you open.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what your doing, its great work and shows with the placements youve found for myself.

"Great Experience with Altishr"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Pros

I would just like to say that I really enjoy working with Altishr. They all have been the greatest help to me and have given me plenty of opportunities to explore. I appreciate all the help that Altishr has provided me. I find the staff wonderful and efficient in finding me the right employment opportunities. I have learnt so much in the previous years from the hard work and dedication put in by them to help me succeed in my career goals.

Cons

I have enjoyed working with Altishr.

"Senior Recruiting Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing people, good managers, support from team members, and they promote internal collaboration over internal competition

Cons

No access to work from home

"Incredible Team of Professionals!"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON

Pros

AltisHR offers top notch training that sets consultants up for incredible success. I owe my career growth and development to this brand that has helped many like myself flourish personally and professionally. Never have I ever and probably will never come across a company culture that is so genuine, rewarding and passionate. On the service side - they hold each and every practice to the highest importance ensuring that client service is always seamless. I will miss the Altis team dearly.

Cons

No office in the Unites States.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing - the structure, training and true care for the team really sets the Altis team apart from any other staffing agency out there!

"Couldn't ask for a better employer!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiting & Placement Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiting & Placement Consultant in Toronto, ON

Pros

altisHR is a place where you can learn, grow and push yourself to your full potential. They create a work environment that allows you to be successful and they are there to celebrate that success with you. Here are my top pros:

- Strong management team & CEO
    - Lots of personal growth potential
    - Supportive work environment
    - Great commission structure
    - Fun & entertaining work culture

Cons

If you are looking for a 9:00am to 5:00pm type of job, this is not the right place for you. This job requires you to put in extra hours, but you will see the benefits of your hard work in the long run.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your continuous encouragement, support and help. I appreciate that you are always there to listen, make suggestions and assist with our growth.