AltisHR Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-time Part-time

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kathryn Tremblay

1. "Senior Recruiting Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing people, good managers, support from team members, and they promote internal collaboration over internal competition

Cons

No access to work from home

2. "Incredible Team of Professionals!"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON

Pros

AltisHR offers top notch training that sets consultants up for incredible success. I owe my career growth and development to this brand that has helped many like myself flourish personally and professionally. Never have I ever and probably will never come across a company culture that is so genuine, rewarding and passionate. On the service side - they hold each and every practice to the highest importance ensuring that client service is always seamless. I will miss the Altis team dearly.

Cons

No office in the Unites States.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing - the structure, training and true care for the team really sets the Altis team apart from any other staffing agency out there!

"Fantastic Recruitment Experience"

Current Employee - Investigator in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Investigator in Toronto, ON

Pros

Professional and friendly approach to recruitment! Their staff really care about the people they are placing and do their best to match your skills to the organization. Miles ahead of their competition!

Cons

Wish there were more companies like them!

5. "Couldn't ask for a better employer!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiting & Placement Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiting & Placement Consultant in Toronto, ON

Pros

altisHR is a place where you can learn, grow and push yourself to your full potential. They create a work environment that allows you to be successful and they are there to celebrate that success with you. Here are my top pros:

- Strong management team & CEO
    - Lots of personal growth potential
    - Supportive work environment
    - Great commission structure
    - Fun & entertaining work culture

Cons

If you are looking for a 9:00am to 5:00pm type of job, this is not the right place for you. This job requires you to put in extra hours, but you will see the benefits of your hard work in the long run.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your continuous encouragement, support and help. I appreciate that you are always there to listen, make suggestions and assist with our growth.

"Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruitment and Placement Consultant in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Recruitment and Placement Consultant in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AltisHR is the most incredible place to work. I've never had such a positive experience in the workplace. Our team is comprised of sales driven, happy and positive people. We all work as a team to help candidates get placed in jobs that are the best fit for them. There is a great balance between recruitment and sales. This balance allows consultants to understand their clients needs and find the best candidate for their role. Management has created incentives to motivate consultants to do the best they can on a day to day basis and ensure that each employee is successful in their job.

Cons

If you're looking for a slow paced work environment this probably isn't the best fit for you. Consultants need to be driven and have the ability to multitask.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! The Mississauga team wouldn't be the same without you

7. "AltisHR- There's a Reason Why they have been Around for over 2 Decades****"

Former Employee - Recuritment and Placement Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Recuritment and Placement Consultant in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time

Pros

I use to work at AltisHR as a Recruitment and Placement Consultant for almost a year, and have nothing but positive things to say about the company. The corporate culture is fun, has a very work hard play hard mentality. All of my co-workers were extremely inclusive, and always willing to lend a helping hand. AltisHR has "team time" every Friday, which really helps you connect with the other members of your team, and relax after a busy week!

The company is well managed and structured, they train their employees extremely well with interactive videos, role playing, mock interviews, one on one training and visual presentations to keep you engaged every step of the way. In addition, if you find there are areas where you need additional training - managers and other co-workers are always extremely supportive!

Other Pros:
    > Uncapped Commission- SOO much earning potenital
    > Last Friday of the Month Casual Friday's
    > Fun Competitions- including large company wide shopping Spree's, sales blitz's and team challenges
    > Fun- Upbeat Environment
    > Individual Office's- that are beautifully designed
    > Team Time Every Friday end of day- with some bubbly!
    > Great Location in the centre of the city
    > Great internal database
    > Continuous training and education
    > Great benefits packages
    > Ethical and reputable company
    ** Great Managers, CEO and Team of People***

Cons

The recruiting field in general is a tough industry at first. You have to be willing to work hard, and put yourself out there! Your first year at AltisHR is the growing year, you are learning so many new things and really building your foundation to become a great recruiter. Success takes time at first, so be patient - use your resources and keep trying- you will see results.

I left due to my interests lying in a completely different field, and had nothing to do with the company or the role itself. It is a fantastic opportunity, if you like to be rewarded for your hard work and be with a fun company- Altis is the place for you.

BEFORE APPLYING- Cons:
    > Have to be willing to work hard
    > Industry is always changing- so you have to be adaptive
    > Requires resilience, persistence, and patience
    > Team Player- no cattiness is tolerated here
    > Sales and Metric Driven Individual

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, you really do help each one of your recruiters feel special and heard.

8. "Confusing Values"

Former Employee - Proposal Writer in Ottawa, ON
    Former Employee - Proposal Writer in Ottawa, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some really great individuals at this company. Even the CEO and executives seem like great people, but man: it's a super uncomfortable place to work.

Cons

They seem to distrust their employees and expect infinite unpaid overtime. They don't pay well, but, hey, they have beer.

Non-managers do not have access to the Internet at their workstation. You are not allowed to check your cell phone and even while working unpaid overtime, your supervisor will time your breaks. They seem to subscribe to an outdated punitive work place culture.

Altis/Excel say that they have a "work hard/play hard" environment, but it just feels like a sad and desperate place.

Advice to Management

You might be amazed how productive employees can be if you treat them like adults. Just give it a try.

AltisHR Response

9 Feb, 2017 – Marketing and Events Manager

This is also a confusing post to us because altisHR doesn't have this particular job title. Regardless, it's unfortunate you feel this way. With our open door policy, we always encourage team members ... More

"Not the best of environments"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful offices in downtown Toronto

Cons

Negative environment, people walking on egg shells. No decent training. expected to cold call 4 hours of the day

Advice to Management

Train your people better to retain them

AltisHR Response

26 Feb, 2017 – Marketing and Events Manager

We're sorry you felt this way. Calling candidates to recruit them for roles is not cold-calling. Speaking with customers is also not cold-calling. Our goal is to relationship build. We wish you would ... More

"Great Place for the Right Person"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time

Pros

- I absolutely loved the people I worked with at Altis and miss them every day.
    - Great location right downtown Toronto.
    - Beautiful office space (you get your own office and it's absolutely stunning)
    - Good internal support from management. My former manager was spectacular. She wanted me to succeed and made sure I had the tools and support to to do it.
    - Huge earning potential with no cap on commissions.
    - Great learning experience into the business world and network building opportunity.

Cons

- There isn't much incentive for recruiters, you really only get commission if you are running a 360 desk/doing business development at the same time.
    - Little vacation time, sick days, and personal time in first year. The first year can be one of the toughest years if you're doing sales so being able to unwind from that is necessary.
    - Because it's a sales environment, it's very metrics driven and performance is often measured in numbers and quantity. Due to this it can seem like you're very micromanaged and there is much visibility into every activity you do. This isn't necessarily a bad system but I don't think it's for everyone.
    - There isn't a lot of flexibility to manage what you do with your time there, it's a very structured environment where certain tasks must be performed at certain times of the day. Again, not necessarily a bad system but it doesn't work for everyone. If you like the structure, then this is a good environment for you.
    - Although there is huge earning potential, there isn't a ton of career growth opportunities into different internal roles. This is a great career if you are motivated by money.

Advice to Management

Understand what similar industries/companies are doing in order to stay competitive and keep staff happy in their roles long term. Don't be afraid of taking risks by embracing change from time to time.

"Over-worked/Under-paid"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant in Mississauga, ON
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant in Mississauga, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get your own office, corporate environment, monetary incentives from time to time, great co-workers.

Cons

No ability to work from home/remotely, underpaid compared to competitors, no vacation time until you have been there 1 year, very high turnover rate. Big focus placed on volume vs quality recruitment.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees fairly and give them break from time to time!