Cover image for Altis Recruitment

Altis Recruitment

Engaged Employer

Altis Recruitment

Add a Review

Altis Recruitment Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Nov. 29, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 239 of over 239 reviews
3.8
62% Recommend to a Friend
76% Approve of CEO

Found 14 of over 239 reviews

3.8
Altis Recruitment Co-Founder Kathryn Tremblay (no image)
Kathryn Tremblay
Pros
  • "It's a fast pace work environment(in 11 reviews)

• "There is increased work life balance with flex hours, free flow days and remote work - truly allowing you to dictate how, where and when you work(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Pay is extremely low with an even more demotivating commission structure(in 8 reviews)

• "No ability to work from home/remotely, underpaid compared to competitors, no vacation time until you have been there 1 year, very high turnover rate(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Altis Recruitment and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Good internship program

Jun. 9, 2021 - Internship in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Work environment, great programs

Cons

No cons in the work environment

Altis Recruitment Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback! Sincerely, The Altis Recruitment Team

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Work Environment

Nov. 29, 2021 - Proposal Coordinator in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Modern, dynamic and fun work environment.

Cons

Not enough attention to balanced performance assessment.

3. Join the Altis Recruitment team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Working at a call center/ minimum wage job is better than working here

May 15, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

None. Its a sham, I wouldnt have wasted my time writing reviews for this company, but I really did not want potential applicants to fall for their fluff and be treated the way I was.

Cons

They poached me and then let me go just because they weren't able to generate enough business, my hiring decision was unplanned and uninformed. The work environment was very toxic and micro managed. More emphasis was given on quantity v/s quality. The worst was I was let go just a week before I completed my probation so that they wont have to pag the severance. The office manager accepted that I was let go just because they weren't able to get new business and promised to give me a good reference. It took 2 days for the company I was interviewing with to connect with her and ultimately, I lost the job I was interviewing for as probably she was too busy micromanaging others or getting drunk with people who fell on her side of favouritism. Plz if you are serious about your career, kindly avoid even considering this company, you would be happier in the long run. I would give them negative stars if possible.

6 people found this review helpful

Altis Recruitment Response

Communications Team

Thank you for your post. Some of the points you make lead us to wonder if you are speaking about the correct firm. Specifically, you mention that the work envionrment was “toxic and micro managed”. This is in direct opposition to our most recent engagement survey which indicated a 94% employee satisfaction rate. You then refer to being let go prior to a probationary period so your severence would not need to be paid out. It’s important to note that we pay out termination notice according to the Employment Standards Act, therefore it is not tied to the probationary period that someone has with our firm. In regards to parting ways, if a person’s skills do not align with the role we have available, we would have an open discussion to review their results and seek ways of improvement. Our goal is for each person to thrive at our company and we invest considerably in our team’s success. The comment regarding an “officer manager” is confusing given that we don’t have anyone in this position. When you use this term, it leads us to believe you have not worked in our organization. You go on to say that the office manager was “getting drunk with people” which is perplexing since our team members have been working remotely since March 2020 and are now managed virtually. There is something not connected about this review, and we would really love to hear from you directly. Please do reach out to any member of our team in HR or leadership, so we can discuss the ways in which we can do better and if in fact, this review is related to our company given the discrepancies.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

If you like being micro managed and making no money, this is the job for you!

Dec. 16, 2020 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The office is nice, happy hour on Friday

Cons

I have never been more micro managed in a role! If you are hitting or exceeding your targets it won’t matter, if you have not hit a certain number of calls or e-mails. You are pushed to contact clients and candidates that do not want to be contacted just to hit metrics. Management is extremely condescending and only wants you to do things their way, even if it is proven unsuccessful. The work environment is very toxic and you are required to work crazy amounts of overtime without being compensated fairly. They get their staff to come on here and write good reviews to increase their rating. Managements/ HRs responses to the negative reviews should tell you everything you need to know about this company.

6 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company culture - fast pace dynamic environment!

Feb. 14, 2019 - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

AltisHR is a fantastic place to work. Very matrix driven, fun company culture, dynamic work environment - lots of room to grow … Canadian owned. I would highly recommend working here!

Cons

Often times the days can be long. Lots of over time to be expected.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A fantastic place to work or work with!

Feb. 14, 2019 - Account Manager in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extensive and thoughtful training for new staff. Constant support and insight into performance. "Work hard, play hard" work environment!

Cons

Juggling multiple tasks and absorbing a vast amount of new data can make for a steep learning curve in the beginning.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Employee Review

Feb. 14, 2019 - Account Manager in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team culture, beautiful office space, friendly staff and supportive management. It's a fast pace work environment. Everyday is challenging and interesting!

Cons

There is a learning curve when you first start. Training program is good.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

IT Recruitment Specialist

Feb. 14, 2019 - IT Recruitment Specialist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

*flexible time work opportunities *team-oriented culture and cohesive work environment *respect for job seekers and clients *high-standard ethic approach to work *use of advanced IT technology and tools *clearly defined targets and expectation for every employee and company

Cons

I have not been able identify any cons yet

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Recruiter/Account Manager

Feb. 14, 2019 - Team Lead in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best cultures I have been apart of. I have worked with many staffing agencies in the past and there has never been a company where I have felt more supported. Very collaborative work environment. AltisHR does it's best to set you up for success. They provide rigorous training and further development after. There is no internal competition unless we are having a fun competition against each other but everyone gets commission/rewarded for everything they contribute. Growth potential is high. There is growth potential, if that is for team lead/management, or growing into another division or titles, this can happen. Overall, fantastic company with fantastic people to work with and learn from everyday.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind for Cons.

11. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Canada's Top 50 Best Employers

Apr. 27, 2017 - Senior Recruiting & Placement Specialist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

AltisHR has a collaborative work environment, proven system, dynamic people, awesome location, training provided, positive & motivating, great incentives - TEAM TIME

Cons

It's hard to say anything bad! It is demanding, you need to be flexible with your time - because deadlines must be met. It is a fast-paced environment, never enough hours in the day!

4 people found this review helpful