Altis Recruitment Employee Reviews about "toronto"

Updated May 28, 2018

4.0
Altis Recruitment Co-Founder Kathryn Tremblay (no image)
Kathryn Tremblay
Pros
Cons
  • "i haven't had any cons with Altis(in 13 reviews)

• "No cons except that it may take them time to find your match(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "toronto"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Recruiter"

5.0
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Altis Recruitment

Pros

I am glad that I came across Altis Professionals when I came to Toronto. I registered with them and they helped me in getting a full-time permanent position within few weeks. I had a wonderful experience with them. The best thing is they keep in touch and ask how you are doing. Highly recommended!

Cons

For cons, nothing as such.

"TERRIBLE CULTURE - PLEASE AVOID!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Altis Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff are really nice and enjoy going out together after a hard days work. When the CEO (Kathryn) pops into the office she is very warm and easy to talk to. Your unhappiness will not make up for any of the pros that are actually here. They offer you 'team time' on Friday's to enjoy snacks and drinks with the office but in reality, most staff can't afford that hour from 4-5 to enjoy themselves. You'll also get a decent work-life balance as their emails don't allow you to work from home and you rarely need to go into the office on the weekends BUT a lot of the time you do need to stay late during the week to hit your numbers. If you're also into working with a bunch of Toronto King West girls - you'll love it here! Revealing and skimpy clothes on the women ALWAYS!

Cons

INSANE metrics - they're never happy with what you produce! And also they micromanage like crazy. They're also quite shady in terms of the offer letter and commission structure. I've seen a number of people let go within a month and week before their 6-month probation. Salary isn't that competitive and can find better pay at other recruitment firms.

Altis Recruitment Response

April 23, 2018Marketing Director

It’s unfortunate to read your negative comments regarding your time at altisHR. You’re right, in a position that relates to sales, metrics are inevitable. They are not intended to micromanage, they are relayed to you as a means to support your growth and development. Especially in your first year, you will see a lot of data – it’s a part of our training. As for your comments regarding our employment contract, we should remind you that these are legal documents which have been reviewed by a lawyer. There is absolutely no way to be “shady” with employment contracts. If you were unclear about any of the details regarding your terms of employment or our commission structure, you should have inquired. In addition to your Team Lead and Director, our CFO is available and willing to answer any questions our team members have pertaining to commission. We thank you for voicing your opinions in person. As you likely know, change can take time and may not be immediate. We work hard to maintain and modify our core values as needed. We have a dedicated management team who meets regularly to discuss these items. That said, we can assure you that any and all feedback we receive from team members is considered and changes are made as needed. As you move forward in your career, we hope that you find a position that offers you the autonomy you desire – but we recommend reconsidering your aversion to feedback and this will ultimately be what helps you grow as a professional.

3. "Great Work, if you can get it"

Current Contractor - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Altis Recruitment

Pros

Great, positive team Great placements with the best companies in Toronto Dynamic work Gain exposure to many different industries, workplace environments

Cons

No stability/security Very low wages, majority of placements are minimum wage This is part-time, on call, temporary work

"Excellent Service!"

5.0

I have been working at Altis Recruitment

Pros

Altis HR has allowed and helped me to get my foot in the door in this insanely competitive city, Toronto. They dealt with everything from my first initial interview to signing my employment contract. They kept me informed throughout the whole process and was always available if I ever had any concerns. I owe it to Altis for beginning my career!

Cons

I have no cons to apply to this section.

"Not the best of environments"

Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I worked at Altis Recruitment for less than a year

Pros

Beautiful offices in downtown Toronto

Cons

Negative environment, people walking on egg shells. No decent training. expected to cold call 4 hours of the day

Altis Recruitment Response

February 26, 2017Marketing and Events Manager

We're sorry you felt this way. Calling candidates to recruit them for roles is not cold-calling. Speaking with customers is also not cold-calling. Our goal is to relationship build. We wish you would have asked for more training if you needed it. We have an open door policy and welcome feedback during the training process as we realize that each team member learns and develops at different rates. We wish you the absolute best in your next role.

"Great Place for the Right Person"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Altis Recruitment full-time

Pros

- I absolutely loved the people I worked with at Altis and miss them every day. - Great location right downtown Toronto. - Beautiful office space (you get your own office and it's absolutely stunning) - Good internal support from management. My former manager was spectacular. She wanted me to succeed and made sure I had the tools and support to to do it. - Huge earning potential with no cap on commissions. - Great learning experience into the business world and network building opportunity.

Cons

- There isn't much incentive for recruiters, you really only get commission if you are running a 360 desk/doing business development at the same time. - Little vacation time, sick days, and personal time in first year. The first year can be one of the toughest years if you're doing sales so being able to unwind from that is necessary. - Because it's a sales environment, it's very metrics driven and performance is often measured in numbers and quantity. Due to this it can seem like you're very micromanaged and there is much visibility into every activity you do. This isn't necessarily a bad system but I don't think it's for everyone. - There isn't a lot of flexibility to manage what you do with your time there, it's a very structured environment where certain tasks must be performed at certain times of the day. Again, not necessarily a bad system but it doesn't work for everyone. If you like the structure, then this is a good environment for you. - Although there is huge earning potential, there isn't a ton of career growth opportunities into different internal roles. This is a great career if you are motivated by money.

"Catty environment"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Altis Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Gave me my 1st professional experience in Toronto. Beautiful offices in downtown location overseeing the CN tower.

Cons

High turnover. A lot of gossiping, seems like its high school sometimes, mean spirited. Management were cold and the individual that ran Toronto office had favourites, she also seemed to be under a lot of pressure. Dog eat Dog environment. Yikes

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews