Cover image for Altis Recruitment

Altis Recruitment

Engaged Employer

Altis Recruitment

Add a Review

Altis Recruitment Employee Reviews about "high turnover"

Updated Nov. 2, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 239 of over 239 reviews
3.8
62% Recommend to a Friend
76% Approve of CEO

Found 5 of over 239 reviews

3.8
Altis Recruitment Co-Founder Kathryn Tremblay (no image)
Kathryn Tremblay
Pros
  • "It's a fast pace work environment(in 11 reviews)

• "There is increased work life balance with flex hours, free flow days and remote work - truly allowing you to dictate how, where and when you work(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Pay is extremely low with an even more demotivating commission structure(in 8 reviews)

• "No ability to work from home/remotely, underpaid compared to competitors, no vacation time until you have been there 1 year, very high turnover rate(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Altis Recruitment and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "high turnover"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Former Temporary Employee, less than 1 year

Disorganized Agency

Nov. 2, 2021 - Adninistrative Assistant in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Seem to have good government contacts for work. Pay is relatively competitive considering the current economic situation.

Cons

There seems to be high turnover with recruiters in the office which results in miscommunication and disorganization when it comes to following up with candidates.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Managed accounts in the public and private sector selling mid to senior level consultants.

Oct. 23, 2020 - Account Manager in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have nothing positive to contribute.

Cons

Office full of cliques, disorganized training, no support or communication. Appearances are more important than actual value. Management is not qualified to lead and if you aren't drinking the kool-aid you are treated poorly. One of the most toxic places I have ever worked. Drinking is promoted and if you don't you are bullied. High turnover.

6 people found this review helpful

Altis Recruitment Response

Marketing Director

We are sad to learn of your experience, and hope you raised your concerns with HR, our CEO, or a leader. Regarding the specific items mentioned in your post... Our Learning Management System has been in place for a few years now, and has been well adopted. We’re still improving it of course, and we’re surprised that you found your training ineffective. It’s been one of our strengths historically. You note that managers were not qualified and that we should measure satisfaction. We implemented anonymous Engagement Surveys in 2019, and these have been extremely insightful. Our ratings are very high, although we naturally look for improvements and take actions. Our retention rates are very positive, so this feedback seems outdated or misaligned with what is happening in our firm. You also highlight cliques – and yet we’ve been remote now for over 8 months. It’s hard to conceptualize a clique in the context of a remote work setting. A takeaway here would be to talk with your leaders about concerns such as these while employed. Of course this isn't the best forum to fully address your concerns. We welcome a phone call if you would like to further discuss your experience.

3. Join the Altis Recruitment team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Over-worked/Under-paid

Dec. 7, 2016 - Talent Acquisition Consultant in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get your own office, corporate environment, monetary incentives from time to time, great co-workers.

Cons

No ability to work from home/remotely, underpaid compared to competitors, no vacation time until you have been there 1 year, very high turnover rate. Big focus placed on volume vs quality recruitment.

7 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Catty environment

Mar. 2, 2016 - Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Gave me my 1st professional experience in Toronto. Beautiful offices in downtown location overseeing the CN tower.

Cons

High turnover. A lot of gossiping, seems like its high school sometimes, mean spirited. Management were cold and the individual that ran Toronto office had favourites, she also seemed to be under a lot of pressure. Dog eat Dog environment. Yikes

6 people found this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Former Employee

Revolving Door...

Jun. 4, 2014 - Recruiter & Placement Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, and a fun/young sales environment. Great co-workers really helped you get through the day. Environment was very professional and there were always fun in-house competitions which kept the employees motivated.

Cons

I think you will find that you are extremely over worked and micro-managed. Most times I found an emphasis was placed on quantity and numbers, versus quality of work. Extremely high-turnover, cannot retain their employees - I have never seen so many people quit. Very out-dated technology, which made it extremely difficult to do your job - computers constantly froze, you have to have permission to use any website which made business development and prospecting hard as well.

4 people found this review helpful