Altis Recruitment Reviews

Updated Jan 11, 2021

3.6
Altis Recruitment Co-Founder Kathryn Tremblay (no image)
Kathryn Tremblay
Pros
  • "Very collaborative work environment(in 10 reviews)

• "I am glad that I came across Altis Professionals when I came to Toronto(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "i haven't had any cons with Altis(in 13 reviews)

• "They're also quite shady in terms of the offer letter and commission structure(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Altis Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

- very supportive managers - company is aware and proactive when it comes to mental health and stress - great team

Cons

- some mangers (not mine) micro manage. If you have the wrong manager your experience could be negative

2. "Wage can be higher...a LOT higher"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Mississauga, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Altis Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the staff members and have had an opportunity to work with others from Altis' temp staff - lovely people

Cons

I understand "getting the contract" but it puts temp staff at a HUGE disability money wise.

Continue reading

3. "If you like being micro managed and making no money, this is the job for you!"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Altis Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

The office is nice, happy hour on Friday

Cons

I have never been more micro managed in a role! If you are hitting or exceeding your targets it won’t matter, if you have not hit a certain number of calls or e-mails. You are pushed to contact clients and candidates that do not want to be contacted just to hit metrics. Management is extremely condescending and only wants you to do things their way, even if it is proven unsuccessful. The work environment is very toxic and you are required to work crazy amounts of overtime without being compensated fairly. They get their staff to come on here and write good reviews to increase their rating. Managements/ HRs responses to the negative reviews should tell you everything you need to know about this company.

"Aggressive recruiting policies"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Altis Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of support within the company

Cons

encouraged to break CASL laws, by reaching out the talent pool for jobs that are not for them, but asking the candidates to refer their friends or co-workers looking for work.

"Most toxic place I have ever worked"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Altis Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training on cold calling

Cons

Toxic environment High pressure Only care how many calls you make a day

"Great team"

4.0
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I worked at Altis Recruitment part-time

Pros

Culture was fun, truly met great people. Developed great skill set. Busy work life

Cons

Very strict KPIs Commission Structure was a bit confusing

7. COVID-19

"Best firm ever!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Altis Recruitment full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Love our culture and fun family. We are treated very well, enjoy competitive salaries and commission, great learning and advancement opportunities. Our team enjoys flex hours for extra time off, sales programs and remote working options.

Cons

There are no cons, except for Covid.

Continue reading

"Managed accounts in the public and private sector selling mid to senior level consultants."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Ottawa, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Altis Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have nothing positive to contribute.

Cons

Office full of cliques, disorganized training, no support or communication. Appearances are more important than actual value. Management is not qualified to lead and if you aren't drinking the kool-aid you are treated poorly. One of the most toxic places I have ever worked. Drinking is promoted and if you don't you are bullied. High turnover.

November 16, 2020Marketing Director

We are sad to learn of your experience, and hope you raised your concerns with HR, our CEO, or a leader. Regarding the specific items mentioned in your post... Our Learning Management System has been in place for a few years now, and has been well adopted. We’re still improving it of course, and we’re surprised that you found your training ineffective. It’s been one of our strengths historically. You note that managers were not qualified and that we should measure satisfaction. We implemented anonymous Engagement Surveys in 2019, and these have been extremely insightful. Our ratings are very high, although we naturally look for improvements and take actions. Our retention rates are very positive, so this feedback seems outdated or misaligned with what is happening in our firm. You also highlight cliques – and yet we’ve been remote now for over 8 months. It’s hard to conceptualize a clique in the context of a remote work setting. A takeaway here would be to talk with your leaders about concerns such as these while employed. Of course this isn't the best forum to fully address your concerns. We welcome a phone call if you would like to further discuss your experience.

"Do yourself a favour and don't work at AltisHR"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Altis Recruitment full-time

Pros

nice office. that's about it.

Cons

Everything. -commission structure is awful. you make no money and owe the company tens of thousands of dollars in contribution before you can take anything home -toxic cult like work culture (very manipulative management tactics to get you to stay longer and work harder) -high burn out rate/revolving door -impossible metrics/watched constantly -no career growth -no work/life balance/cant take breaks

August 14, 2020Marketing Director

Over the last 30 years, and certainly at an accelerated rate over the last 5 years, we’ve made enormous strides in our overall employee experience. Our team members achieve great things personally and professionally. As you know, our workforce is remote and thus, it’s not clear what breaks you’re referring to. If you are at home and working, you would take the breaks you need. You refer to a burnout rate which we have not seen. The emotional wellness of our teams is strong, and we continue to monitor this and to enhance our offerings to make mental health a focus for our leaders and teams. If you are a current employee, please speak with HR or your team manager to develop your career and balance. If you have been laid off and are angry, speak with us and allow us the opportunity to offer you support in this area. All our best.

"Great environment, terrible pay, micromanagement, and low career growth opportunities"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Altis Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment, fun office, a lot of parties, and nice individual offices.

Cons

They make staff write fake reviews online or push candidates to write positive ones. Worst compensation in the industry, they hire entry level recruiters that make you lose clients, poor training, and low career growth potential

August 14, 2020Marketing Director

It’s essential to advocate for your career needs. If our company was not right for you, we hope you have opened the dialogue to what you believe to be more effective for you and your career. For us, the emotional wellness of our team is strong. Even through COVID, we have continued to grow together and support one another – and we’re committed to continuing to monitor this so that we can enhance our offerings and make mental health a focus for all team members. All our best in your career development and future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 93 English Reviews