Altis Recruitment Reviews

Updated Sep 14, 2021

Found 113 of over 203 reviews

3.8
Altis Recruitment Co-Founder Kathryn Tremblay (no image)
Kathryn Tremblay
Pros
  • "Very collaborative work environment(in 10 reviews)

• "A definite yes and highly recommended(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "i haven't had any cons with Altis(in 13 reviews)

• "They're also quite shady in terms of the offer letter and commission structure(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Culture

Sep 14, 2021 - Senior Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Literally everything. The most incredible people to work with, they hire with intention and build teams and leaders that form the most positive environment. Training is thorough and you truly reap the benefits of the work you put in. I started with no experience in the industry and quickly saw my base increase 15k within my first 2 years. There is increased work life balance with flex hours, free flow days and remote work - truly allowing you to dictate how, where and when you work. The people and leaders are what make Altis, I forged friendships that I'll carry with me forever.

Cons

They hire driven go-getters and everyone really is in it to win it; so it's easy to feel like you need to work crazy hours when others do, but this is never encouraged by management.

Altis Recruitment Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback! Sincerely, The Altis Recruitment Team

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Work Hard Play Hard

Aug 17, 2021 - Senior IT Recruitment Specialist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity to grow and get involved at Altis - you really get out of it what you put into it. In the two years that I worked there, I was promoted twice and had my base salary go up by about $15,000 from when I started. I was able to get involved in numerous initiatives and work with people from across the company. I made so many great friendships that I will take with me forever. The culture is based around collaboration rather than competition. It's definitely hard work and can be stressful, but the culture is open enough where they listen to employee concerns and try to implement solutions. For example, the pandemic caused a lot of burnout from employees, so new ideas for flexible time off options were implemented. This is a company where your voice can be heard and you can have tremendous growth if you are willing to ask for what you want and take initiative. From what I've heard about other agencies - this is the best culture in the business and it's only getting better.

Cons

The compensation, commission structure, and benefits offerings could be better.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Aug 16, 2021 - Proposal Specialist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Engaged management and senior management teams. Remote/hybrid work arrangements during and post-Covid. Inclusive and fun culture, lots of internal events and perks to celebrate milestones and achievements, and social and wellness events. Modern and nicely designed offices. Good work-life balance. Good compensation and benefits.

Cons

Other roles and teams may have cons.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company!

Jul 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many! The leadership team is amazing, emotionally intelligent and genuinely invested in your career development. You will be surrounded by amazing, high-performing colleagues and the organization has developed a phenomenal virtual onboarding structure. The work culture is fun, engaging and encouraging!

Cons

Typical overtime that should be expected working at any high-performing staffing agency.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Top Notch Humans

May 28, 2021 - Senior Recruitment Partner in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Almost everything. They have the best leaders I've ever met, the corporate culture was like a community of friends. I was paid well and my base salary went up $10,000 in the first year. I learned to be an expert in recruiting. I had so much flexibility with the flex hours, extra days off, and option to work 100% remote, even though I loved going into the office. It makes sense that a staffing agency would have the ability to hire amazing people internally, and that's why they thrive.

Cons

The typical overtime that comes from being a Recruiter in the staffing industry.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Altis Recruitment is a great organization, good people

May 28, 2021 - Technical Recruiter in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with, fun environment

Cons

The work can sometimes be stressful

7. 1.0
      Former Employee

Terrible work culture. Politics. The worst management I can think of.

Jun 17, 2021 - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Feels like you're in high school. Management is all over the place and basically just consists of best friends from long time trying to manage a business. Lots of favouritism. A lot of drinking culture. People in management roles are not really trained to be leaders. There's a big push to hit your numbers or you're out without any proper training.

Cons

KPI driven in the worst way possible. Will suck the soul out of you. Not a place to go if you are a young professional eager to begin your career - not a place that will help your mental health in anyway. They target candidates who are young or new people to Canada so they can take full advantage. And if you don't meet your numbers even till the last day before your 6 months, they'll cut you off no warning or training.

Marketing Director

Thank you for your post. You are absolutely correct in saying that we are fortunate to have a team of long-standing employees, of 5, 10 and 20 years plus. That said, our leadership team consists of a range of individuals who have been with us for a little has 6 months, and some up to 25+ years. This breadth of experience blends historic knowledge with fresh and innovate strategies to help our business develop and grow. It is clear from your comments that you have not worked for our firm in recent years. We run an extensive education program called Altis Academy for team members to build their early knowledge. The training consists of a blend of one-on-one learning, and group training via-Zoom, job shadowing experiences and pre-recorded videos offered via our Learning Management System. It’s very popular! As well, mental health has been at the forefront of our efforts, especially throughout COVID. We have an Employee Family Assistance Program, have offered FREE days off to allow for digital detox, and routinely reach out to offer one-on-one support - all in an effort to support our team’s mental wellbeing. Our teams are loving remote work, and many are opting to remain fully remote by choice. We do strongly believe in setting KPIs and individualized goals for each team member to inspire growth. These are tailored specifically to each person - in fact we call them “personalized success plans” because we recognize that it’s not a one size fits all business. Each person has their own unique set of goals that require strategies specific to their skill-sets. And clearly that method is working because in our most recent engagement survey we saw a 94% employee satisfaction rate. As for gin and tonics, well 18 months ago, these may have been served at social events – along with non-alcoholic beverages. Adults make their own decisions about their drink of choice! Of course we realize that this business isn’t for everyone - and clearly we were not the right company for you. We wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavours and encourage you to speak up sooner if you are dissatisfied in your role. The only way change can occur is through open communication.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

It’s temporary

May 5, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quick easy joining, survival Jobs

Cons

Temporary and not fully transparent

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Get hired asap

Apr 24, 2021 - Administration Clerk in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quick results with the help of the recruiters

Cons

None so far in my experience

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not transparent

May 18, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Culture - Opportunity for growth - Amazing training - positive environment - work life balance

Cons

I don’t know if it was my manager or across the board - they really didn’t give critical criticism. They always stated you’re phenomenal and doing well. Until one day they let you go without cause. I couldn’t do anything because the probation was 6 months

Communications Team

Thank you for all of the Pros you indicated regarding our firm. We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive and diverse culture and invest considerably in each person’s growth and success. We’re glad to hear that you felt our training was strong and that you were able to create balance in your day. We’re sorry to hear that you felt surprised by our decision to part ways. We aim to be as transparent as possible when things are not working and pride ourselves on a stepped approach to performance coaching which includes multiple verbal conversations, as well as written follow up. There are instances where we observe that the role we have available, does not align with the skill set of the person we’ve hired. In those cases, we aim to be in service of them when it comes to their job search, resume and networking. Our goal is to part with positivity, assisting them in finding a position where they will thrive. We appreciate that you shared these concerns with us directly as well in your Exit Interview and we want to reiterate that we are available to support you in your future job search in any way that we can. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 113 Reviews