Altis Recruitment Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2021

Found 110 of over 196 reviews

3.6
Altis Recruitment Co-Founder Kathryn Tremblay (no image)
Kathryn Tremblay
Pros
  • "Very collaborative work environment(in 10 reviews)

• "A definite yes and highly recommended(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "i haven't had any cons with Altis(in 13 reviews)

• "They're also quite shady in terms of the offer letter and commission structure(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company!

Jul 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many! The leadership team is amazing, emotionally intelligent and genuinely invested in your career development. You will be surrounded by amazing, high-performing colleagues and the organization has developed a phenomenal virtual onboarding structure. The work culture is fun, engaging and encouraging!

Cons

Typical overtime that should be expected working at any high-performing staffing agency.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee

Terrible work culture. Politics. The worst management I can think of.

Jun 17, 2021 - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Feels like you're in high school. Management is all over the place and basically just consists of best friends from long time trying to manage a business. Lots of favouritism. A lot of drinking culture. People in management roles are not really trained to be leaders. There's a big push to hit your numbers or you're out without any proper training.

Cons

KPI driven in the worst way possible. Will suck the soul out of you. Not a place to go if you are a young professional eager to begin your career - not a place that will help your mental health in anyway. They target candidates who are young or new people to Canada so they can take full advantage. And if you don't meet your numbers even till the last day before your 6 months, they'll cut you off no warning or training.

Marketing Director

Thank you for your post. You are absolutely correct in saying that we are fortunate to have a team of long-standing employees, of 5, 10 and 20 years plus. That said, our leadership team consists of a range of individuals who have been with us for a little has 6 months, and some up to 25+ years. This breadth of experience blends historic knowledge with fresh and innovate strategies to help our business develop and grow. It is clear from your comments that you have not worked for our firm in recent years. We run an extensive education program called Altis Academy for team members to build their early knowledge. The training consists of a blend of one-on-one learning, and group training via-Zoom, job shadowing experiences and pre-recorded videos offered via our Learning Management System. It’s very popular! As well, mental health has been at the forefront of our efforts, especially throughout COVID. We have an Employee Family Assistance Program, have offered FREE days off to allow for digital detox, and routinely reach out to offer one-on-one support - all in an effort to support our team’s mental wellbeing. Our teams are loving remote work, and many are opting to remain fully remote by choice. We do strongly believe in setting KPIs and individualized goals for each team member to inspire growth. These are tailored specifically to each person - in fact we call them “personalized success plans” because we recognize that it’s not a one size fits all business. Each person has their own unique set of goals that require strategies specific to their skill-sets. And clearly that method is working because in our most recent engagement survey we saw a 94% employee satisfaction rate. As for gin and tonics, well 18 months ago, these may have been served at social events – along with non-alcoholic beverages. Adults make their own decisions about their drink of choice! Of course we realize that this business isn’t for everyone - and clearly we were not the right company for you. We wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavours and encourage you to speak up sooner if you are dissatisfied in your role. The only way change can occur is through open communication.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee

Top Notch Humans

May 28, 2021 - Senior Recruitment Partner in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Almost everything. They have the best leaders I've ever met, the corporate culture was like a community of friends. I was paid well and my base salary went up $10,000 in the first year. I learned to be an expert in recruiting. I had so much flexibility with the flex hours, extra days off, and option to work 100% remote, even though I loved going into the office. It makes sense that a staffing agency would have the ability to hire amazing people internally, and that's why they thrive.

Cons

The typical overtime that comes from being a Recruiter in the staffing industry.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Working at a call center/ minimum wage job is better than working here

May 15, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

None. Its a sham, I wouldnt have wasted my time writing reviews for this company, but I really did not want potential applicants to fall for their fluff and be treated the way I was.

Cons

They poached me and then let me go just because they weren't able to generate enough business, my hiring decision was unplanned and uninformed. The work environment was very toxic and micro managed. More emphasis was given on quantity v/s quality. The worst was I was let go just a week before I completed my probation so that they wont have to pag the severance. The office manager accepted that I was let go just because they weren't able to get new business and promised to give me a good reference. It took 2 days for the company I was interviewing with to connect with her and ultimately, I lost the job I was interviewing for as probably she was too busy micromanaging others or getting drunk with people who fell on her side of favouritism. Plz if you are serious about your career, kindly avoid even considering this company, you would be happier in the long run. I would give them negative stars if possible.

2 people found this review helpful

Communications Team

Thank you for your post. Some of the points you make lead us to wonder if you are speaking about the correct firm. Specifically, you mention that the work envionrment was “toxic and micro managed”. This is in direct opposition to our most recent engagement survey which indicated a 94% employee satisfaction rate. You then refer to being let go prior to a probationary period so your severence would not need to be paid out. It’s important to note that we pay out termination notice according to the Employment Standards Act, therefore it is not tied to the probationary period that someone has with our firm. In regards to parting ways, if a person’s skills do not align with the role we have available, we would have an open discussion to review their results and seek ways of improvement. Our goal is for each person to thrive at our company and we invest considerably in our team’s success. The comment regarding an “officer manager” is confusing given that we don’t have anyone in this position. When you use this term, it leads us to believe you have not worked in our organization. You go on to say that the office manager was “getting drunk with people” which is perplexing since our team members have been working remotely since March 2020 and are now managed virtually. There is something not connected about this review, and we would really love to hear from you directly. Please do reach out to any member of our team in HR or leadership, so we can discuss the ways in which we can do better and if in fact, this review is related to our company given the discrepancies.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Altis Recruitment is a great organization, good people

May 28, 2021 - Technical Recruiter in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with, fun environment

Cons

The work can sometimes be stressful

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0

It’s temporary

May 5, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quick easy joining, survival Jobs

Cons

Temporary and not fully transparent

7. 4.0

Great Opportunity, Not Much Work Life Balance

Mar 22, 2021 - Recruitment Specialist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Own office - Growth opportunities - Get out what you put in with commission - Celebrate each employees anniversary and birthday - Friday afternoon social with colleagues

Cons

- Strict hours and lunch time - Culture of working late - Can be stressful at times, as success is based on numbers achieved

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Get hired asap

Apr 24, 2021 - Administration Clerk in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quick results with the help of the recruiters

Cons

None so far in my experience

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not transparent

May 18, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Culture - Opportunity for growth - Amazing training - positive environment - work life balance

Cons

I don’t know if it was my manager or across the board - they really didn’t give critical criticism. They always stated you’re phenomenal and doing well. Until one day they let you go without cause. I couldn’t do anything because the probation was 6 months

Communications Team

Thank you for all of the Pros you indicated regarding our firm. We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive and diverse culture and invest considerably in each person’s growth and success. We’re glad to hear that you felt our training was strong and that you were able to create balance in your day. We’re sorry to hear that you felt surprised by our decision to part ways. We aim to be as transparent as possible when things are not working and pride ourselves on a stepped approach to performance coaching which includes multiple verbal conversations, as well as written follow up. There are instances where we observe that the role we have available, does not align with the skill set of the person we’ve hired. In those cases, we aim to be in service of them when it comes to their job search, resume and networking. Our goal is to part with positivity, assisting them in finding a position where they will thrive. We appreciate that you shared these concerns with us directly as well in your Exit Interview and we want to reiterate that we are available to support you in your future job search in any way that we can. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

If you like being micro managed and making no money, this is the job for you!

Dec 16, 2020 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The office is nice, happy hour on Friday

Cons

I have never been more micro managed in a role! If you are hitting or exceeding your targets it won’t matter, if you have not hit a certain number of calls or e-mails. You are pushed to contact clients and candidates that do not want to be contacted just to hit metrics. Management is extremely condescending and only wants you to do things their way, even if it is proven unsuccessful. The work environment is very toxic and you are required to work crazy amounts of overtime without being compensated fairly. They get their staff to come on here and write good reviews to increase their rating. Managements/ HRs responses to the negative reviews should tell you everything you need to know about this company.

5 people found this review helpful