Cover image for Altis Recruitment

58% Recommend to a Friend
75% Approve of CEO

Found 140 of over 239 reviews

3.7
Altis Recruitment Co-Founder Kathryn Tremblay (no image)
Kathryn Tremblay
Pros
  • "It's a fast pace work environment(in 11 reviews)

• "There is increased work life balance with flex hours, free flow days and remote work - truly allowing you to dictate how, where and when you work(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Pay is extremely low with an even more demotivating commission structure(in 8 reviews)

• "No ability to work from home/remotely, underpaid compared to competitors, no vacation time until you have been there 1 year, very high turnover rate(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Altis Recruitment and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Oct. 19, 2022 - Recruitment Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people and lots of support

Cons

Worked during COVID and the remote work was taking a toll on my mental health

2. 5.0

Be careful

Oct. 18, 2022 - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

“family” environment Group outings Great colleagues

Cons

Pay is low Technology is outdated Feels like a rat race Not sensible in terms of what they want us to achieve

Altis Recruitment Response

Thanks for the 5-star review! We’re happy to hear you enjoy the family environment and team engagement elements offered by our firm. With regards to your comments around compensation, if you are a current employee (as your review indicates), please reach out to our HR Team to discuss further. Same goes if you’re feeling stretched in terms of workload. We encourage you to speak up so that we can work together to find solutions and support you in achieving your goals. As for our technology, this is a work in progress. We are currently undergoing a major digital transformation that certainly comes with growing pains; however, we’re making excellent strides in augmenting our current technology platforms.

3. Join the Altis Recruitment team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 5.0

Excellent Management of Consultants

Oct. 11, 2022 - Senior HR Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Timely contact, frequent communication always

Cons

All is good here- no comment

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Would give 6 stars if I could!

Oct. 7, 2022 - Account Executive in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company genuinely cares and wants to make a difference for employers and job seekers. Colleagues and leaders will be your biggest cheerleader's with your achievements, and at the same time support you when you're going through personal or professional struggles. Onboarding and training are exceptional, continued education is also available. Competitive salary, uncapped commission, work from home, flexible hours, lots of time off, fun team and company events. Being with Altis for 9 years myself is a testament to how great it it. I can't recommend them enough!

Cons

There aren't any. The staffing industry is a competitive environment, which is not for everyone. Individuals who thrive in this setting are dedicated, passionate and are seeking a rewarding career. If your preference is a mundane desk job, this may not be for you.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

pay is fine, culture is not.

Oct. 11, 2022 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

pay is fine, opportunity to work from home.

Cons

client list is not ideal, twice a day "update" meetings is a huge waste of time and days are very micromanaged. The culture claims to be supportive and inclusive but does not live up to that in reality.

2 people found this review helpful

Altis Recruitment Response

Thank you for your feedback. Your perspective around the volume of touch bases is helpful. When we moved to a hybrid model, we admittedly increased the number of meetings in an effort to stay connected. However, the team you’re referring to has undergone some significant changes and reducing the number of meetings was one of them. With regards to your client base, we would have been open to reviewing this had you spoken up. We often work one-on-one with team members to create personal success plans centered around goals that inspire and motivate them. And lastly, we foster an environment of collaboration, inclusion and growth. If this wasn’t your experience, we’re always open to listening and learning. Please reach out if you’re comfortable discussing in more detail.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Work family environment

Sep. 26, 2022 - Senior Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, work family, commission is fair, great experience

Cons

Commission isn't paid unless clients pay which is very frustrating at times

Altis Recruitment Response

Way to make us smile – thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We’re honoured to be a part of your professional journey and excited to see what we can continue accomplishing together!

8. 2.0

Try to avoid

Sep. 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Remote work - Flexibility - Commission structure with no cap

Cons

- Stress; many people stay behind to catch up to never-ending work and KPIs - Depending on your team, you can have a manager who micromanages heavily (lots of turnover) - Staff are being terminated across every team with and without warnings (new and tenured) - Not many opportunities for career advancement I am positive many of the 5 star reviews on this website are fake; proceed with caution. When you join, they will preach positivity but you will slowly see all the toxic behaviours

2 people found this review helpful

Altis Recruitment Response

It’s unclear from this review whether you are a current or former employee. If you are currently working with our team, please reach out to HR (or any senior leader you’re comfortable raising this with) so we can support you. The mental wellbeing of our team is something we take very seriously and we would want to quickly address any concerns. We strive to create a work environment that champions balance for employees and many of our benefits contribute to this goal. We’ve recently developed and shared our firm’s Disconnecting From Work Policy, in which we encourage our team members to disconnect outside of core business hours. We further support by offering 24 annual Flex Days (to allow for a greater work-life balance), Health & Wellness Days (that can be used for physical, emotional, family or relationship health), and by being a remote-first workplace. If at any point a team member is feeling overwhelmed by their workload, we encourage them to seek support from HR and all of our leaders. Delivering amazing results for our customers AND leading a happy and fulfilled life is possible with planning, insights and supports. Regarding your other comments, we’ll keep it brief. We’ve implemented careering pathing to demonstrate growth opportunities and we’d be happy to discuss these with you. Many of our team members have grown their accountabilities, enhanced existing skill sets, or tried their hand at a new seat – we’re confident there’s opportunities for development available to you. We’ve moved away from KPIs in the way that you’re discussing them. We foster an environment of inclusion and collaboration, and our HR Team is available to address any concerns around toxicity. We’re committed to tackling the issues head-on, when brought to our attention. If at any point you wish to discuss your experience with us in greater detail, we’re open to hearing from you.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Incredible culture. Forward thinking. Customer centric.

Sep. 2, 2022 - Human Resources
      Business Outlook

Pros

Authentic leadership, great accessibility to senior leadership. Thoughtful and effective onboarding. They create an environment where it’s clear they want you to succeed, they want your feedback, and want to create a sense of community at work right away in a remote work environment. Career growth opportunities, development opportunities. A commitment to continuous learning in diversity, equity, and inclusion. Remote-first work arrangement, flexibility, empathy and an unwavering commitment to maintaining happy, healthy, and motivated employees- both at home and work.

Cons

No cons for Altis specifically but a quick comment on the industry.. The staffing industry is a fast-paced, competitive, high energy industry. Customer satisfaction drives our business success. Working in a custom driven industry like staffing, requires a high level of engagement. If you’re looking for a ‘job’ not a career, or looking for an ‘easy ride’, staffing likely isn’t the right industry.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to start

Sep. 13, 2022 - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Supportive culture - Flexible work - Decent pay

Cons

- Lots of micro managing on KPI's by Senior leadership - Lots of gossiping by management by other team members - Had a feeling of a "clique"

1 person found this review helpful

Altis Recruitment Response

Thank you for the Pros you’ve listed in your review. We pride ourselves on offering a supportive culture, flexible work arrangements to suit the varying needs of our hybrid team, and of course we strive to offer competitive compensation. The team you’re referring to has gone through significant change. We’re well aware of concerns that existed and those have been addressed. We’ve moved away from KPIs in the way that you’re discussing them. Gossip/cliques are not something we condone. We foster an environment of inclusion and collaboration, and our HR Team is available to address any concerns around toxicity. We’re committed to tackling the issues head-on, when brought to our attention. If at any point you wish to discuss your experience with us in greater detail, we’re open to hearing from you.

11. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Glad to be Fired - Please reach out to past employees before you decide joining this organization

Oct. 5, 2022 - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

They paint a nice picture in the start, diversity, inclusion, helping other etc. Work from Home (overtime hours) If you like Alcohol, this is the place to be If you get fired from Altis, it will be the best thing to ever happen in your career.

Cons

Gossiping from management team They will terminate you without any explanation Toxic environment, management team is very moody They'll tell you to write a positive review to offset what's really happening within. Company culture is not what it seems. There's no growth opportunity Management are not professional, gossip will happen behind your back If you don't drink the Kool-Aid, you'll be fired in 6 months.

1 person found this review helpful

Altis Recruitment Response

Many of the points referenced in this post (as well as other reviews that went up in the last 2 weeks) speak to elements of the company that are no longer present, and haven’t been for years. If you recently worked with us and had concerns, we would appreciate speaking with you so we can better understand your experience and take appropriate actions as a result.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 140 Reviews
    </>Embed

Altis Recruitment Reviews FAQs

Altis Recruitment has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 239 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Altis Recruitment to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Altis Recruitment employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Altis Recruitment. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

58% of Altis Recruitment employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Altis Recruitment 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Altis Recruitment Job Seekers