Alliance Data Reviews

Found 714 of over 742 reviews

3.3
Alliance Data President and CEO Ralph Andretta
Ralph Andretta
Pros
  • "Benefits pay bonuses work life balance and schedule flexibility(in 61 reviews)

• "Scheduling system, great atmosphere, great benefits, great extras(in 39 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life Balance, Management could care less about you(in 28 reviews)

• "Poor decisions by upper management(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

great company

Sep 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

nice team great job nice environement

Cons

time management distance the rest

Alliance Data Response

Sr. Coordinator, Public Affairs

When our associates are happy, we’re happy! Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We’re glad to hear you are enjoying the work environment at Alliance Data.

2. 3.0

good work environment

Jan 28, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people to work for

Cons

work life balance was the problem

Alliance Data Response

Mgr, Corp Affairs

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Jul 26, 2021 - Compensation Consultant in Plano, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits with leaders who care about your development. They are starting to focus on diversity and inclusion and it seems sincere so far.

Cons

Once you get to a certain level, it is hard to promote.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Decent

Jul 12, 2021 - Director in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance overall

Cons

Somewhat disorganized -still figuring things out

5. 4.0

Good pay

Jul 15, 2021 - Bilingual Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits work from home

Cons

Call center back to back calls . Dealing day day out with poodles credit card s

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Alliance Data

Jul 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice place to work, Work life Balance

Cons

So far didn’t face anything

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

Jul 13, 2021 - Retention Specialist in Milford, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Good benefits Monthly bonuses

Cons

The job is hard mentally

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome experience till date..!!

Jul 9, 2021 - Fraud Analyst in Bangalore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance Pay New projects No micromanagement Free cab

Cons

Honestly nothing at this moment

9. 5.0

Good job for beginners

Jul 7, 2021 - Data Analyst in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competetive pay with benefits is good

Cons

Annoying managment, that allways correcting you

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Avoid

Jun 24, 2021 - Collector in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Make your own schedule from Sunday to Saturday. In this position, you can log into the system and change your schedule the day/night before. Generous pay with decent bonuses. Nice amount of PTO. Ok insurance plan, pretty affordable and start within a week or two of you starting. 401k match (I believe it was 5% match). Immediately vested. Lots of professional development, and learning opportunities. Understanding supervisors who understood stuff happens and authorized time off in other jobs that wouldn't. Some of the bosses (team leads, supervisors, and managers) really want to listen and improve themselves to be better bosses. Lots of games/contests to win prizes (gift cards & cash). Holiday dinners (during the lunch time) free. Yearly holiday bonus. Can work remotely with nearly all of their positions.

Cons

Their computer systems are always going down. Their main systems were developed in house, I believe, and they keep those systems when other systems might be better. Customers make it stressful as they yell and are very demanding. Imagine having an argument for your whole shift as for many customers go to war to talk with us. Company does not care about the customers. All they care about is money (more on that later!) Some of the team leads, supervisors, and managers do NOT care what goes on which violate laws and/or their own policy and procedures. (more on that later!) They claim "family" environment, but it's just another job. You don't fire grandma, and they shouldn't either. They claim "an open door policy" but it isn't. Many individuals in power go behind your back and tell whatever you said to the person you were reporting. Or, they will ignore or take no action when they should. In the last three years they've been through 3 (yes, you read that right! THREE!) CEOs. Obviously, they DO NOT care about the employees as they claim (remember they said we're family, right?) nor do they care about the customers! They fire departments the day of without notice. Yes, they may have gotten a severance package, but remember they're family and have an open door policy. Why are you firing grandma, mom, brother and sister? (Obviously, I'm being factious here to a point, BUT you see they don't "do as they say" or what they publish.) They've had many lay offs recently to my knowledge, two in 2019, two in 2020 and one in 2021. They hire foreign people instead of local people to save money. Remember how former President Trump said to keep jobs here? Well, Alliance Data Systems did not care. They fired multiple departments. But, hey, we're family and have an open door policy (NOT!). Now more about my job - they do not care about the customers. They want them to pay all the fees. They LEGIT wanted us to waive only $5 of a $30/$40 late fee to help the customer out. I've never in my life had a creditor only offer a partial refund of a late fee. Also, we have to obtain many numbers so we have to get the customers to pay so many coworkers cheat to get them. Yes, you guessed it, the higher up positions simply do not care if you cheat as they do nothing if the person gets reported. In the end, you'll likely end up hating your life as you don't like the people you interact with: the customers and your coworkers. I now suffer from PTSD and very bad anxiety. Do not listen to all the fluff they say. Do what's best for you if you decide to work here. They see you just as a number. As you should see them, just as another employer who you do your job well and clock out. Don't let them make you feel bad if you can't participate in over time or their charities - they do do that, too, make you feel bad because YOU don't (or can't) work OT or donate to the charities they're sponsoring. In the end, I wouldn't recommend them but if you do decide to work there, please research them as I am not lying about anything I said.

2 people found this review helpful