Alida Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2020

3.6
Alida CEO Ross Wainwright
Ross Wainwright
Pros
  • "Flexibility with work/ life balance - understanding with family and outside commitments(in 31 reviews)

• "Great people work at the company(in 27 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Alida full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive colleagues, strategic leadership, flexibility, momentum, growth, product innovation, clear communication, work/life balance

Cons

In the past, there seemed to be periodic misalignment across departments and it would take ages to get things done. Now I feel we are aligned and moving in one direction together, getting things done more swiftly.

Alida Response

Director, Talent

Thank you for your review. With a new VC leadership team on board over the past few months, we continue to work toward CXM leadership and are glad you can see the forward momentum.

2. "Bright Outlook, Committed to Success"

Current Employee - Value Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Alida full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Vision Critical is a great, dynamic organization to be part of. We are currently in the middle of a transformational shift as we enter the CXM space. Now is a very exciting time to be part of VC and our journey. Key reasons I enjoy working at Vision Critical: - Tons of career growth/ advancement opportunities: if you build a growth path, VC will give you all the tools you need to advance your career and take the next step. All team leaders encourage career advancement and are happy to discuss at any time. - Transparent leadership team with an exciting growth agenda: We have brought in a new leadership team that are all about driving growth and scaling our company to new heights. From the moment our new leadership team formed, VC has seen exponential growth and our future is extremely bright. Our new leadership team all come with impressive backgrounds and are vested in the growth of their employees. Outside of investing in training programs for all teams, they always have their door open and welcome any employee to come in for a chat to discuss a wide range of topics: career growth -> company outlook with transparency. This is the first time I've had the opportunity to work with leaders who are extremely transparent and truly care about all of their employee's growth. - Dynamic/ challenging environment: As we venture into the CXM market, things are moving quite fast at VC. This results in a fast-paced environment and cross-functional collaboration with an intelligent group of co-workers. I seem to be learning every day and can truly say I'm advancing my career and skillset at a rapid pace. - Compensation/ benefits: VC offers a great compensation and benefits package. Employees are compensated well and if you're doing great work, there will be no issues on that front.

Cons

Vision Critical was static for quite some time, but that has completely changed. We are all about delivering on our growth agenda and disrupting the CXM space. This results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment which requires you to be agile and collaborative to innovation. If you're looking to grow your career and join an agile fast-paced environment, VC is great fit.

3. COVID-19

"Distrustful leadership causing uncertainty in my future at Vision Critical"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Alida full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Vision Critical's product and the brands we work with are really cool, there is no doubt about that. It is exciting what we do, and the speed at which the product is developing these days is completely mind-blowing, you'd be hard pressed to find a tech company whose customer list is as impressive as ours. There are also growth opportunities, some good mid-level management, and we've survived Covid-19 fairly unscathed, which is optimistic for future growth.

Cons

A new CEO started in December, and while some change was needed and there are positives, he has lied enough times I have no security in my job or trust in my future at Vision Critical. Some recent examples of lies are: - Laying off 10% of the company at the beginning of Covid-19 and saying we're on a hiring freeze, only to hire new executives with higher salaries, and also hire the CEO's two daughters... - Despite two Toronto office moves last year, announcing we're moving to yet another new office, which would be either walk-able to Union Station or on the University subway line. Then, even though we're an insights company, the Toronto office was never surveyed for leadership to understand our preferences on the new location. It was then announced that the new office will be on the Bloor subway line, which not only adds about 30 min each way to anyone who commutes on the GO from out of Toronto, also adds two subway lines when there is a contagious disease going around (luckily for some of the new C-Suite who live in Rosedale, it's close for them!). - Saying that the entire company globally will be returning to the office at the same time, which, given we have offices in San Francisco and NYC, you would assume would be early 2021 (and what all other major tech companies are doing), however now Toronto has to return to office on September 1st. - Inflating of our "diverse culture" - it was recently emphasized how many female leaders we have at the organization - we have one female in our C-Suite. That's fine, but don't inflate the numbers to include directors when they're not perceived as management. There was also a diversity committee made, composed of the CEO, head of HR, and our six black employees. We don't have to be the most diverse company in the world, but don't pretend we are when we have one African American employee.

Alida Response

VP, People

Thanks for your candid feedback. While we are energized to hear your enthusiasm for the future of VC, we also take your other comments to heart. VC is in a period of heightened growth, in addition to adjusting to the constantly changing global business environment due to the COVID-19 situation. Our leadership team is dedicated to ensuring the voices of our employees are heard and we recognize that recent changes due to shifts in business focus can be a challenge for many. We aim to address concerns directly as soon as they are brought to our attention. I am sorry that you have experienced stress and uncertainty and encourage you to come speak with me so we can address directly each question and concern you have. We will continue to work to make VC a place where employees feel heard and valued and can thrive personally and professionally.

"Way too much office politics!"

1.0

I worked at Alida full-time

Pros

Good office. I can't think of anything else.

Cons

Office politics at its worst. Higher management dictates whats to do on a regular basis. Co-workers are more focused on saying the right words and looking good to executives than getting work done. Join this company at your own peril.

5. "Overall pretty good"

4.0
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Alida full-time

Pros

Supportive team, dedicated supervisors and managers

Cons

Lack of cohesion between departments

"Well paid entry-level BDA job"

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Toronto, ON

I worked at Alida full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Pays well - Opportunities for advancement - Remote work training

Cons

- Outdated training module - Confusing product vision/map - No unified strategy for how the company should move forward

7. "Nice place"

Former Employee - Software Development Co-op in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Alida full-time

Pros

The people there are super friendly and always helpful towards co-ops.

Cons

I don't find any particular cons of VC

8. "Dynamic work environment with opportunities for growth"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Alida full-time for more than a year

Pros

At Vision Critical I've had the opportunity to work with a diverse group of experienced and talented sales professionals. These colleagues and managers have been instrumental in helping me launch my career in business development, providing the resources, education, and encouragement I've needed to succeed. This company empowers its BDRs to learn and grow on an ongoing basis, offering comprehensive sales training and one-on-one coaching, while pushing us to take on additional responsibilities and gain exposure to all stages of the sales cycle. The BD organization upholds a culture of information-sharing and collaboration making for a productive and friendly work environment. As a BDR I'm given the support I require to excel at my job while enjoying the autonomy and discretion to experiment with creative approaches to prospecting on my own. It's this combination of flexibility and assistance (when needed) that I really appreciate.

Cons

Things can change quickly around here as the company responds to new developments in the industry. This is great for people who are adaptable and open to continuous learning, but may not be a good fit for those uncomfortable with ambiguity.

9. "Exciting future ahead"

5.0

I have been working at Alida full-time

Pros

Strong vision for the future

Cons

It’s been a tumultuous couple of years, but things are turning around with new mgmt

10. "An Exciting Future Ahead"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Alida full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic executive team who are all so passionate and doing the hard work to move the company toward growth and success. With the new leadership and many changes, there's a feeling of excitement coming in to work every day. We all understand clearly exactly where we're headed and how we're going to get there. It's really refreshing.

Cons

With the legacy of a long-running business and some seasoned employees, it can be difficult to move quickly and make changes. It's important for all employees to realize that change is necessary for growth.

Found 307 reviews