AlayaCare Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Nov 14, 2019

4.9
AlayaCare CEO Adrian Schauer
Adrian Schauer
Pros
  • "Fun activities such as Ping-Pong, video games, board games and sports are available for those with a slight competitive edge(in 9 reviews)

• "The work life balance is great and heavily promoted, they know how to put the human first in every task that is undertaken(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons, the flexible schedules allow us to manage our work and our personal life(in 6 reviews)

• "Hard work that is very rewarding and satisfying(in 3 reviews)

1. "An engaging work environment"

Current Employee - Data Specialist

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a fast growing company, AlayaCare provides lots of opportunities to learn and grow. Everyone in the team is highly approachable and appreciative of your efforts. Finally, the company in general is quite transparent about its business goals and future vision, and you get a sense of being a part of a larger group that is trying to achieve something quite remarkable.

Cons

None I can think of right now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!

AlayaCare2019-11-15
  2. "As good as it gets"

Current Employee - Security & Compliance in Montreal, QC

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Upper management leads by example and doesn't feel distant Company doesn't cheap out on talent Drug plan that covers 100%, no deductible The professionalism of HR The continuous improvement and "best practice" work culture Minimal red tape, communication barriers are quickly resolved Resources I need to succeed are there Beer & pizza every Friday and people actually stay because they want to When... you're entering a company with a 4.9 rating on Glassdoor, the bar is set high and past the 6-month mark, I'm still not disappointed. There are challenges both internal and external for a company with such a fast growth, but I think the approach is well thought and considerate of all stakeholders. I find my work both rewarding and challenging - the ability to make an impact very quickly while also being challenged constantly on finding the best approach by learning from best practices from other industry leaders is what gets me going every day. Some of the internal processes like filling HR forms are the most advanced I've seen of any company (0 paper or manual signature). When I seek someone's help, I feel enabled and not blocked. Some companies build work culture through policies. That's not the case at AlayaCare. It's action first and policy second. Lastly, I would say that the biggest pro is the lack of any real con, which allows you to tackle real professional and business challenges instead of spending energy on things that are non-value adding. Having worked at large mature multinationals in the past, this is something that can't be taken for granted.

Cons

Tech debt and operational dept from fast growth Lack of documented processes due to fast growth

Advice to Management

Continue to be close to your employees. The townhalls, CEO biweeklies, beer o'clock all contribute to this great team culture that we have.

AlayaCare2019-11-05
  3. "Motivating and Friendly environment"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities If you are looking at a place to learn continuously and improve your skills. People are very helpful and friendly. Lots of benefits for employees.

Cons

I am enjoying and have not any bad experience till now.

AlayaCare2019-11-03
  4. "Great opportunity to improve yourself as a developer"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Constantly evolving in the use of new technologies. The development teams are part of the solution and provide knowledge so that the final product is a quality product. There are constant challenges to develop, learn and improve. Excellent working environment. We are all part of the great Alaya family.

Cons

Because the company is constantly growing and the promptness of the tasks, it is necessary to find an adequate product-planning balance.

AlayaCare2019-10-31
  5. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great work life balance -Good pay -Amazing people and great company culture -Flexible work hours -Part of a company with so much potential (top 18 tech start up in Canada)

Cons

-On boarding was a bit confusing at first but its all good now! -The company growing very quickly and it can be a little stressful at times

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I see an amazing future for AlayaCare :)

AlayaCare2019-10-22
  6. "Great company, great people, friendly environment."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are great, helpful when you need help. Transparency in management, everything is on the table, no hidden agendas. Work can be challenging but you get a hang of it. Learning new technologies. Bigger office with nice views. Beer o'clock and pizza fridays.

Cons

Can't really think of one.

AlayaCare2019-10-24

"Great company to work, amazing culture!"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

AlayaCare has one of the best inclusive culture I've ever worked at. People care about the work they do and it shows in the operational day to day. The work life balance is great and heavily promoted, they know how to put the human first in every task that is undertaken.

Cons

It is a growing company that is facing usual challenges in keeping up with its own growth. New processes are tried and implemented on the go, especially when it comes to onboarding new employees, which can lead to some bumps along the road. Nothing to be worried of as, like I said, this is expected for a fastly growing company and will eventually get better with time.

AlayaCare2019-09-30
  8. "QA Analyst"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Montreal, QC

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Nice office. - Great team. - Well supplied kitchen with coffee and snacks. - Ping pong table. - Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Hard to find parking near by.

AlayaCare2019-10-07

"Satisfying"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Montreal, QC

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a place with a great atmosphere, that makes you want to improve every day. The team helps you when you need it.

Cons

I don't think it is a "Con" but it is a Fast Pace environment, so you better be aware and like this kind of startup environment.

AlayaCare2019-09-16

"Great opportunity to Join an amazing team."

Current Employee - Product Owner in Montreal, QC

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having joined the team at AlayaCare 5 months ago, I entered into a role which to be honest was a complete career change to my previous vocation. This transition has been both exciting and successful due the continued support I received from my direct team and fellow colleagues at AlayaCare.
 Professional Pros: On a professional level I feel I have the ability to grow in the roll and take on new challenges.... The company’s leadership team are highly accessible and always encourage open communication. I’m surrounded by a highly motivated team that love what they do. Social Pros: Fun activities such as Ping-Pong, video games, board games and sports are available for those with a slight competitive edge. No short supply of snacks and drinks available in the office. Weekly socials are organized each Friday providing a great opportunity to socialize with colleagues. The company endorses a culture of work life balance.

Cons

None.

AlayaCare2019-08-26