AlayaCare Reviews

Updated May 27, 2020

4.6
AlayaCare Founder & CEO Adrian Schauer
Adrian Schauer
Pros
  • "Fun activities such as Ping-Pong, video games, board games and sports are available for those with a slight competitive edge(in 9 reviews)

• "Company culture is very strong and management works hard to ensure that employees are happy(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Fast-paced environment provides lots of learning opportunities, but can be overwhelming at times(in 6 reviews)

• "No cons, the flexible schedules allow us to manage our work and our personal life(in 5 reviews)

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Alayacare has an amazing environment and it is a very supportive company. The entire team is great and very supportive, helping me to improve my skills and grow a lot in my role.

Cons

The application is big, so it takes time to understand everything and get up and running at first. But once you get it, it is good to work with it and makes you learn a lot.

AlayaCare2020-05-06

"Start-up sweatshop"

1.0
    Current Employee - Product Team in Montreal, QC

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

The building view CEO very transparent

Cons

-No processes: no HR processes no product processes and when they are some, they change every time a new manager/director is hired. -Average age of people working is 25 and its expected of you to stay late in evenings and weekends for overtime. No work/Life balance. If you have kids or plan to have this is not a friendly work environment you will be perceived as « lazy » for leaving early or for not being enough present. -No tracking of time, tasks or overtime for some roles and you are expected to just indefinitely take on tasks until burn-out. Those that dare speak up are flagged as non-efficient. - your scheduled will be 90% meetings and you will have no choice than to work 14h a day to compensate and accomplish your daily tasks since everyone has annual based salaries and overtime is not compensated. -You will not receive any praise and there is no advancement possible nor definition of roles or how to access other roles or better positions. -Salaries are under market averages and even if overtime is expected you still need to overachieve internal objectives to be considered for raise.

AlayaCare2020-05-09

AlayaCare Response

May 28, 2020CEO

I regret to hear about how you are feeling about working at AlayaCare. A focus on culture is a huge part of what we are all about. When I hear things like this, I truly take them to heart. I never want our employees to feel burnt out or feel that they cannot raise their concerns. Please reach out to me, Patrick or the HR team so that we can better understand and help address this for you. Adrian

"You're lucky if you're hired to work here."

Current Employee - Data Specialist in Montreal, QC

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Party every friday at the office, food and beverages included. (MTL Office, there other offices in this company) - Work recognition, not only by superiors but by peers and co-workers as well. - Team work, not dictatorship. Help find solutions to an issue as a team, not blame each other. - Amazing culture, welcoming environment. - Flexible time. - Work from home. - Gym in same building - Always ready to help. (Like during the COVID-10 lockdown, they tried to make sure people could move even under the conditions of staying home. How? They created the step count contest, and gave prizes for the those with the highest score. They asked if people want to volunteer to give virtual workout session, and there were!) - Everyone tries to help each other out no matter what department you are in. - Ask instead of finding out on your own for 5 hours. VP of engineer's words, not mine.

Cons

I have waited 3 months before making this review to see if there was going to be things i did not like about this company (call me pesimistic) but to my wonderful surprise there are no cons. Not from my pov. They take care of you, talk to you, check up on you everyweek (when you start), they ask if everything is ok, at home or at work. You feel like your in a family. They take care of us (employee), we take care of them(company). Oh, wait there is one, the MTL office is on the Plateau Mont-Royal, that means its really expensive to live close, apartment or condo, forget the house. But its a 12 min walk from metro Mont-Royal. But that is not much of a big deal because of flexible hours, and work from home perks. So for me it is no big deal.

AlayaCare2020-03-31

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Tremendous culture, people are great - Corporate environment with startup feel and perks - Upper management is great

Cons

- Lots of work to be done as company is in hyper growth - Industry and service lines are difficult to understand at first

AlayaCare2020-03-10

"Great place to start your career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very collaborative environment. People are very friendly and helpful. Snacks all the time and Friday fun. Management is open to ideas and suggestions.

Cons

fast paced environment, could be at times overwhelming.

AlayaCare2020-02-22
  6. "Great work environment"

4.0
    Software Developer

I have been working at AlayaCare

Pros

Great work environment. Colleagues are very helpful.

Cons

Metro station is not too close

AlayaCare2020-02-24
  7. "A cool place to work on"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture ! Awesome people ! The feeling of fulfilment when the product your are working on really makes a difference in the world

Cons

Hard to stay fit with all the free beer/pizza

AlayaCare2020-02-09
  8. "Feels Good to work in here!"

5.0

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time

Pros

Everyone here is very friendly and charm and supportive. A cosy place that you can easily find comfort.

Cons

It's been very good experience so far.

AlayaCare2020-02-07
  9. "Fast-growing company with opportunity for learning and growth"

Current Employee - Toronto Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

-- Management is extremely transparent and keeps employees informed -- Company is filled with intelligent and hardworking employees -- Company culture is very strong and management works hard to ensure that employees are happy -- Lots of opportunity to learn and try new skills

Cons

-- Heavy workloads and tight deadlines -- Fast-paced environment provides lots of learning opportunities, but can be overwhelming at times

AlayaCare2020-02-03

"Unrewarding labor in an insidious environment"

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- more work than you can dream of - you'll never be bored - good technical challenges - lot's of great people

Cons

- most reviews have been written by newer hires in exchange for a desk plant - vast majority of closed working permits, creating a labor intensive culture where people with little extracurricular activity are willing to spend most of their evenings and weekends working - high burn out rate - work on evenings, nights and weekends ; overtime is absolutely unpaid and not even kept track of - complete absence of work / life balance - everybody seems stressed, unorganized and overworked - high intensity low appreciation environment - feels like a sweatshop - middle management is non existent ; amateur hour at its finest - company mission is purely financial $$

AlayaCare2020-02-11