Airgas Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2021

Found 1,263 of over 1,281 reviews

3.8
Airgas Chief Executive Officer Pascal Vinet (no image)
Pascal Vinet
Pros
  • "Flexible schedule and good benefits(in 86 reviews)

• "Great company with good pay and benefits(in 72 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management has no idea what our jobs really entail(in 68 reviews)

• "Since the Air Liquide acquisition they are always looking to cut expenses any way possible(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years
      Featured Review

A company invested in its people

Oct 13, 2020 - Director of Bulk Sales in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you show up and apply yourself in time you can rise to the highest levels. Strong salary. Airgas listens to its people and helps you discover a career that utilizes your skills.

Cons

All and all no complaints would like to see higher match on 401k.

6 people found this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

I am happy and excited to work in Airgas company

Feb 26, 2019 - Cylinder Filler in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stable company,Reliable company,Strong company,Trustworthy company,Caring company

Cons

Aging workforce,equipment reliability,inspections,large scale events,spill control

3. 3.0
      Former Employee

Felt like working with a guillotine over your head.

Mar 6, 2012 - Route Driver in Delta, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

pay, benefits, people you would deliver to and co workers were cool. hours were great.

Cons

They would not hire staff to grow business, the sales staff are short staffed beyond capacity, customers are bailing due to billing errors all the time, you feel like you have a guillotine over your head all the time. If you do something wrong they will can you regardless of if they need you or not. They answer to USA management and thus there is no autonomy. You have to sign a contract that will effectively make you liable if you do something stupid thus enabling them to fire you. Be very careful if you do work there.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Strong fundamentals but too focused on cost cutting

Jul 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits at great price. Good people who see each other as family. Strong industry knowledge in those who have been around. Operates in a variety of markets which allows it to weather any economic storm/uncertainty. Air Liquide is a strong parent company with exceptional business acumen. Base pay is competitive with opportunities/incentives for branch staff to earn efficiency bonuses and gain share.

Cons

Became very focused on cost cutting. Pushed too far reducing resources and employees. Remaining employees currently paying the price. Spends all year pushing to improve OPEx and increase sales while acting like the budget will be a bust. Then promotes how it was a stellar year after (this is short lived as the new year comes along. Exceptional performance is only rewarded with 3% raises and small payouts as bonuses. Not equivalent to short or long value added. 3 out of 5 on reviews is the standard. Not much focus on training employees for current role or mentoring them for the next.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Interesting Job

Jul 29, 2021 - Plant Administrator in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Constantly changing which I like. Things are never the same which keeps things interesting. Everyone I work with is helpful. If I don't know how to do something it is easy to contact someone within the company to teach me.

Cons

If you don't know who to ask for help from you may struggle, pay could be a lot better for non-management jobs

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome Job

Jul 30, 2021 - Branch Manager in Albany, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, competitive pay, and plenty opportunity to better your career. It is in your own hands to advance

Cons

Poor communication, lack of support when needed on the spot, and lack of new employment. Need to consider getting for help for a better business

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

temporary job only

Jun 11, 2021 - Production Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

employee benefits are great, family benefits are ok, but costly. work hours are good and family time works well aso . pay is a little substandard but isn't bad considering your position with the company

Cons

Airgas works there employees to the bone because they cannot keep good people around very long therefor running short handed and they expect you to pick up the pace with no incentive . they only address the issues that they think are important to making money and not on the little stuff that makes your job easier or less difficult . They preach equipment reliability but they tell you they have no money to address the failing equipment that has been running on its last leg for years causing downtime and catastrophic equipment failures . along with that, when it comes to your bonus it is substandard because of downtime

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poor Comp Plan for DC Sales Ops

Jul 7, 2021 - Sales Account Executive in Whittier, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Thorough training for prospecting and product presentation.

Cons

Worst pay plan of any sales position I have ever encountered, yet selling some of the most profitable products I have ever seen. Sales people are not even given a sliver of commission on the 3-4000% marked up industrial gas products they sold that more often then not are through accounts paying monthly retainers. Yet, reaching sales goals is rewarded with very minimal bonuses. Sales operation was completely bottle necked with new account executives expected to do their own targeting, prospecting, qualifying and selling. Despite limited time to sell due to priming my own pump, I still hit over 270% of my first months sales target. I got a summer sausage and cheese basket.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great company that values their employees!

Mar 25, 2021 - Account Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Airgas is an amazing company to work for! They really take care of their employees and provide numerous benefits. Also, there are lots of training opportunities and resources are provided to get better in whatever position you're in! Lastly and probably most importantly, there is a HUGE focus around safety, which truly shows how much they care about us and our customers. In short, the culture at Airgas is truly remarkable. Further, I really like that even though we are a large company, there is still a big focus on customer first and providing great service. Also, the company is continually innovating and it really helps us to differentiate ourselves from the large and small competitors. The way I see it is that we are a big company that services our customers like a small company, except we have much more to offer to our customers than a small company. Finally, the compensation is competitive and they reward the hard work we put in. Honestly, I really feel like I have found my forever company.

Cons

We sell a lot of things and distribute many different products so in a sense, it can be a little overwhelming at times however, it just means more opportunities to solve more customer problems; either way, there is always support available.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Jul 27, 2021 - Staff Accountant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very competent leadership. Room to grow. Friendly co workers.

Cons

I only dislike current covid protocols.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,263 Reviews