What people are saying about Air Canada
Hello Everyone, I have an offer from Air Canada but they are offering 15% less than my current base salary. Does anyone have any idea or have experience negotiating with Air Canada whether any negotiation will work with Air Canada considering they need to offer me 15% more to match my current base any anyway they pay real low? I understand the travel benefits with Air Canada especially if you have a big family but other benefits are same as my current organization. Thanks
Jobs in Tech
University Health Network
Hi all, Does anyone work at @AirCanada who can help me get some discount on the flights? I’m planning to invite my parents over for a month and it’s quite expensive so it’d be great if anyone can be generous to offer some discount on flights through employee discounts program.
Got a burning question about Air Canada? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Air Canada employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good and beneficial for people who like to travel" (in 355 reviews)
- "Travel benefits are great as the AC network flies to many places around the world." (in 166 reviews)
- "Flight benefits were great and the only perk" (in 130 reviews)
- "great people and industry and balance" (in 110 reviews)
- "Travels and colleagues are great." (in 52 reviews)
- "1. Very Low pay at $17.99/hr and NO HR orientation after employment is offered." (in 151 reviews)
- "Very messy infrastructure which has potential to improve but poor management can not handle that part" (in 126 reviews)
- "Low salary and office location" (in 118 reviews)
- "Long hours and away from family" (in 75 reviews)
- "very strict management managers don't let things pass even if you have a mistake irate customers stress everything based on seniority" (in 31 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Air Canada and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 423 of over 3K reviews
Updated Oct 3, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "travel benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Jun 29, 2016Station AttendantCurrent EmployeeToronto, ON
just the travel benefit is good but that is if you can get on the plane
Treat like dirt, work in dirty environment, breath in toxic air from tactors, lifting heavy bags in tight spaces, fight for equipments every day Plane tickets are always over sold, and you have to get on off season to travel. Low pay job so you can't make a living off this job and have to find another part time. You use your travel benefit, but with your crappy wages, you can't afford anything during your travel and stay. Going to work is a pain...., you need to travel to the parking, then you have to take the problematic train to T1, that takes about 20 min of your time just from parking your car and travel to T1. If I have a chance to go back in time, I will not work here...8