Air Canada Sales Associate Reviews

1. "work life"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Air Canada full-time

Pros

good company treats employees fair

Cons

competition intense from world carriers

2. "not bad"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Scarborough, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Air Canada full-time

Pros

good medical benefits good flight benefits

Cons

unpredictable shifts - scheduling change last min low hours

"Poorly managed and bad work environment"

1.0
    Current Employee - CSSM-Customer Service Sales Associate in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Air Canada part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flight Benefits and shift trades

Cons

Very low moral of staff and poorly managed. I have seen the most abusive and ego driven CSM's who try and manage by fear. It is a culture of pressure, bullying and micromanaging. Everything at Air Canada is about "On time performance" getting the planes out on time and this is where the mismanagement begins. There is so much pressure from corporate downward that the CSM"s put incredible pressure on the agents to get the plane out on time, this includes cutting corners. However the problem begins with staff, there is never enough of staff. We have been understaffed at YEG for the past 10 years so there are long lines ups as customers check in who then end up being late or missing flights. The low staff numbers also have to do with two other factors, starting minimum wage and CSM's who fired new employees randomly. For about 3 years we had 2 CSM's who intimidate, bully and harassed new and senior staff. This included telling new staff " You do what I say or I will have you fired", and telling a senior employee who was taking sometime off to go to here grandmother's funeral "Why do you need time off, it's only a grandmother". these are 2 examples I was witness to. These 2 CSM' were eventually fired, however the sad part is that the company hired new CSM's who are doing the same thing. As for "On Time Performance" getting the planes out on time, the pressure is never ending. Again we are understaffed and expected to gate planes by ourself, deal with customers at the gate, wheelchairs, questions, seats changes, upgrade, pilots, etc, etc all while have the plane bored and out in 20-30 minutes while the CSM's stand next to you saying "Hurry Up". Now it seems these new CSM's are trying to cut every corner such as going against procedures, changing codes and departure time to make it look like the place went out on time and not being helpful to customers who may have been waiting inline for over an hour only to miss their plane because there is not enough staff at check in to deal with the large crowds.( ie: only 2 people at check in with over 200 in the line up). The agents at yeg work very hard to help the customers but are continuously micromanaged and bullied buy management so the moral is very low. The latest management note says that they will be meeting with staff to "Help you improve your work performance, any sick days and fill any wasted time while working"

Continue reading
  4. "Sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Air Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent team of people to work with, always willing to help out where they can.

Cons

One team member can always put a damper on your day.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.