Find jobs for Customer Service and Sales Representative

Air Canada President, CEO, and Director Calin Rovinescu
Calin Rovinescu
  1. 5.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

One of my favorite jobs ever

Feb 20, 2021 - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

At the time they had competitive salary, a strong union, nice to talk and meet with different people

Cons

The hours were not the best, and to get time off you needed to find someone to swap shifts with you which is fine for a day or two but pretty hard to schedule like a 2 week vacation

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The worst

Apr 14, 2021 - Customer Service and Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flight passes would have been nice if I stayed long enough

Cons

I had a horrible experience working here. The management would bully the people who were on probation and the union wouldn’t protect us until probation was over. Yet, they still took away 4$ and hour.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee

Not the best place to work

Feb 23, 2021 - CSSR Customer Service Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great travel benefits are provided

Cons

Pay is poor. Dealing with horrible people who are irate 80% of the time.

4. 1.0
    Current Employee

Unjust Dismissal

Sep 21, 2020 - Customer Sales and Service Representative in Saint John, NB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, amazing benefits, extensive training.

Cons

At the beggining of Covid-19 everyone was still in panic mode including the company. I was on probation, and had a problem with my system that wouldn't let me receive calls for at least a few hours. I brought it up with one of our floor walkers who were there to assist us trainees, and she said everything looked like it was working, it was just a slow night. The next morning I was called into the office with a manager I had never met, and told I was under investigation. They accused me of "tampering with the system to get out of doing work", and since I could not provide evidence to the contrary, I was immediately fired. The union representatives said they would put in a grievance but getting ahold of them in the months following was like pulling teeth. I emailed and called them multiple times before getting any response but they finally did another investigation, this time on my behalf. I was not asked for anything that could be used as evidence (as I did have some by this time) nor did they ask me about my 2 witnesses, which I told them about the day I was fired. In the end I received a final message saying since there was no record of the system ever having technical issues before, they had to assume I tampered with it and the decision to fire me was final. Now I'm not terrible with computers but I'm definitely no expert, and at the time I was still in training. I hardly knew how to navigate their computer programs as I was still learning how to use them. I absolutely loved my job with Air Canada and when I came to work I really tried to do well. This was the first job I actually enjoyed going to each day, and call me a nerd but I could care less for my days off. Right before this happened, a cab driver who drove regularly said many of our employees had mentioned their concerns that the company was letting people go for any reason they could, legally. Later, it turned out I was not the only one something like this happened to. I feel bad for other employees in a similar position. The training was extensive, with exams that had a minimum passing mark or you were fired on the spot... only people who genuinely wanted to be there would make it through. So in my opinion I think Air Canada should really be ashamed for the way it treated many of it's dedicated employees, and for turning it's back on it's own in stressful, and unsure times. Maybe it will be a learning lesson for them in the future, maybe it won't. I'm not here to bash the company or put them down, and everything I've written in this review is honest. Hopefully it helps someone somewhere or at least sheds some light on how far we still are from fairness in the workplace.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Stressful

Aug 7, 2020 - Customer Sales & Service Representative in Saint John, NB
    Business Outlook

Pros

people you work with are extremely nice

Cons

extremely stressful bad management crazy shifts

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

They will treat you like dirt.

Mar 10, 2020 - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Flight benefits * Medical coverage to a certain extent

Cons

* Most employees are under the poverty line (many of us have 2 jobs) * Only 6 paid sick days (including family care days) per year * You have to pay for your uniform

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Company

Jan 15, 2020 - Customer Service and Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flight and health benefits Friends Fun

Cons

Salary Timing Stress Multitasking No plan

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Benefits But Awful Pay

Apr 8, 2019 - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Saint-Laurent, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Standby travel. Went to Japan and back to 90$ Medical insurance Flexible hours Transfer opportunities Many warnings and disciplinary measures before terminating employment. Even if you try to get fired, it will take a while.

Cons

Location When there's a problem, you have to deal with it without backup. Ex: Clients call upset about wait time for refunds. Air Canada acknowledges that there is a serious backlog in refund requests and instruct us to apologize to the customer and tell them to be patient. Meanwhile, there's no indication that they are working to actually decrease the wait time for refund services, and are just leaving the problem of delivering the news to the underpaid. Low morale in customer service They will literally hire anyone at the call center, and most of them don't deserve to be there. I feel that you can learn a lot about a company by the way it treats its employees. Even with good benefits, if your pay is low, then it means that you're being cheated. If a company doesn't respect its employees, then it doesn't respect its customers.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

its a vocation

Aug 14, 2019 - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Dorval, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting work environement filght passes!!! great coworker

Cons

hard to commute 24h/7 schedules pressure low salaries

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

amazing people

Jul 30, 2019 - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Ottawa, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

most respected airline being able to grow within the company

Cons

I don't have any cons

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews