Aimco Apartment Homes Employee Reviews about "team members"

Updated Oct 15, 2020

Found 22 of over 440 reviews

3.9
Aimco Apartment Homes Chairman, President, and CEO Terry Considine
Terry Considine
Pros
  • "Through internal courses and being reimbursed for outside courses contributing to my professional growth the investment in team members is evident(in 18 reviews)

• "Great company for learning and career growth(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The work life balance is sometimes tough and you can get overwhelmed(in 30 reviews)

• "Upper management does not listen to concerns about your property(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "team members"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great company, good leadership

Oct 15, 2020 - Corporate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Aimco is a fantastic place to work. The work is rewarding and I approve of the direction of the company. I especially applaud how the company has adjusted with the pandemic.

Cons

Ideally there is better growth potential at the company. Though, the fact that team members stay at Aimco should say something the company. I do wish the leadership team was a bit more diverse.

HR Team Member

Hello, and thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We see that you are a current team member and we thank you for your loyalty! We are thrilled to hear your work with Aimco is rewarding. We are, however, disappointed to hear your thoughts on growth potential. Aimco loves promoting from within and encourages everyone to take advantage of our jungle-gym culture, meaning that growth and opportunity is not a straight up and down ladder, but can include lateral and vertical movement. We’re located in 20 different markets across the U.S., and we often see team members grow their career by exploring relocation opportunities. We would love to better understand your concerns, and hope you will consider emailing us directly at YourVoice@Aimco.com. Thank you again for your input and we hope to hear from you.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Love what you do inside and outside of work!

Sep 14, 2020 - Director of Operations in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Aimco isn't a company for everyone. BUT if you are hardworking, love what you do and looking for growth, look no further. We integrate the latest technology into day to day operations. This allows our staff to do what they do best and that is Serve our Residents. I am proud to say that in the midst of a pandemic while many people are without jobs or faced with uncertainty. Aimco never steered away from the commitment of giving merit increases on time and in full, in the middle of a Pandemic, for team members 2019 performance. I am proud to work for Aimco!

Cons

I have none at this time

HR Team Member

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! We see you are a current team member and we thank you for your commitment and loyalty to Aimco. We love hearing that you feel we are at the forefront of technology and process - we agree with you! We believe our teams are the best in the business, and we thank you for everything you and your teams are doing to make Aimco a world-class place to live and work. If you have anything else you'd like to share with us, please reach out at YourVoice@Aimco.com. We're here to listen!

3. Talk anonymously with Consulting India professionals
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Company I've ever worked for!

Oct 14, 2019 - Leasing Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Truly believes in their culture and values - Amazing people who really care about other people - Truly customer focused - Strong leadership throughout individual departments - Provides very detailed and awesome training to help team members succeed - Pays well for the different positions

Cons

- Sometimes there is a disconnect in communication between departments - Sometimes team members have their own agenda that's not aligned with the company values (Which happens everywhere) - TERRIBLE health plan/benefits (It used to be AWESOME :-( - Hopefully they will change it back)

Talent Management Team Human Resources

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to write such a heartfelt and detailed review. We’re happy to hear that you’re loving your Leasing Admin role at Aimco! We agree with you in all of the pros you listed and these are all qualities we strive to provide our team members. Thank you for sharing your feedback on the benefits. We have shared your feedback with our benefits team. If you have other suggestions you’d like to share with us, we’d love to hear from you. Feel free to email us at YourVoice@Aimco.com.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Not just a job, a career

Jul 18, 2019 - Community Manager in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for Aimco for 6 years. During this time I have been able to grow within the company from a sales job to community manager and a career in property management. Through internal courses and being reimbursed for outside courses contributing to my professional growth the investment in team members is evident. If you are willing to put in the effort the opportunity to grow is there. I can say it cause Im living it.

Cons

Technology is great, however we try to do more with less and that begins to affect life work balance

Talent Marketing & Recruiting

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience with us. We sincerely appreciate the length of time you've been working at Aimco and your loyalty. It's always great to hear about our teammate's career growth at Aimco and watch them succeed and write their own story. Thank you for your thoughts on technology and your advice to management. We will absolutely share your feedback and appreciate your insight. If there is anything else you'd like to share, please reach out to us at YourVoice@Aimco.com.

6. 5.0

Love to Work with a great Team

Jun 27, 2019 - Washington DC Ops- Regional Manager in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunity, promotion from within. Recognition of success, great leadership, amazing team members all wrapped together in a fun work environment. Technology driven company.

Cons

Limited staffing means team must be able to thrive without direct leadership on a daily basis.

Human Resources

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Aimco loves helping our team members advance their careers, and we're happy to know you've experienced that in Washington DC. We're glad to hear that your team is Living With Gusto because that's exactly what we strive for. We celebrate our successes and recognize a job well done! We also work to consistently drive innovation and change and know that while it's not always easy, it's always worth it. Thank you for sharing about your limited staffing challenges, and for pointing out that our team members persevere because they're determined and creative. Thank you for the advice to management - we will share your feedback with East Coast leadership, as we definitely want our team members to know how much they are appreciated. If you have any other suggestions or feedback, please let us know at YourVoice@Aimco.com.

7. 5.0

Best place I've ever worked

Sep 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent culture Amazing teammates Leadership that cares for team members Competitive pay Dedicated paid hours to serve community (Aimco Cares) Fun Successes celebrated Like a family Challenging work Continually strives to improve culturally, impacting performance positively Flexible dress standards (corporate offices) Flexible schedules (where applicable) Work-life balance encouraged

Cons

Positive culture in various levels of adoption in some small pockets 401(k) match is OK but not great

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Management Coordinator

Hello there! We sincerely appreciate the time you took to leave Aimco such a thorough and honest review. We see that you've been with us for quite a long time and we're so happy to see that you're enjoying your role and sharing your skills and talents with us. We always are thankful to see someone enjoying and utilizing the many perks that come along with working at Aimco like Aimco Cares, flex schedules, flex dress standards, and more. We're continually striving to make our team members feel supported and encouraged and we can't stress enough how happy we are to hear that you're experiencing that. As with all change, it can be more difficult for some to adopt than others. We understand that everyone's experience varies, depending on your role, where you work, and if you're in a job that is a good fit for you personally. Unfortunately, not everyone finds them selves working in a role that is a perfect match, which is why we stress our jungle-gym approach to career progress, promoting the opportunity to move around into a better suited role, when those opportunities are available. We appreciate your comments about the 401K match, and will absolutely share this information with our benefits team. Thanks also for your advice to our management, which will be shared with our operations team. We know we can always improve, and learning from the input from our team members, especially our current ones, is a great way to do this. If you have any additional thoughts or input, please don't hesitate to reach out to us by emailing YourVoice@Aimco.com.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Manager

Jul 12, 2016 - Community Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sense of belonging as the region team members are brought together often, great teamwork. Payment compensation. Bonuses based on performance.

Cons

Not wanting or willing to think outside of the aimco way- times have changed, the way to manage the nicer properties needs to as well. Disrespect from many corporate leaders. Managers do not really get to manage their own properties- hands are tied in all areas as decisions are made by corporate leaders in another state. Understaffed everywhere and stealing from a property to lend a hand at another when the first is no better off. Heavy turnover in management as blame is placed on managers for results that were again out of their control

5 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are always striving to receive more feedback from our team so that we can help to resolve issues and make Aimco a better place to work. Please send us an email at YourVoice@aimco.com to get the conversation started and provide us with more details.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Keep Up the Great Work

Feb 4, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some companies say that they have a certain culture, and fail to live by it or up to it, and AIMCO really breaks the mold when it comes to this. I truly believe that this company sets themselves apart with their culture. They care about their employees, and have given me all the tools to advance my career in a setting that is welcoming, rewarding, and challenging all at the same time. With AIMCO being my first position within a larger "corporate" company, I've been amazed at the level of collaboration between team members - whether it be at a regional level or all the way up to the top level executives. My opinions, efforts and work matter here, which hasn't been the case at most places I've worked.

Cons

Sometimes with this level of collaboration, lines can be blurred on personal or department responsibilities and can lead to things falling through the cracks. In my time here, changes have been made to address this, and I feel pretty confident that it will be corrected in the near future. Especially with a great team in place, people always pick up the slack and help each other out when needed to provide the best result for the residents.

Human Resources

Thank you for leaving a review on your career with Aimco! We love that you feel that we have a strong Culture and appreciate how you appreciate the collaboration within Aimco across departments. If you would like to share any other thoughts, please contact us at YourVoice@aimco.com.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee

DO NOT WORK HERE! YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Dec 3, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team members, not the leadership.

Cons

They do not practice their values.

Talent Management Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your perspective with us. We always appreciate feedback and Aimco is always striving to improve in every way. We value our employees very much and do our best to ensure our employees feel supported, respected, and essential. We take your concerns very seriously, and encourage you to reach out directly at YourVoice@aimco.com.

11. 5.0

My Company

Jul 5, 2015 - Community Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very structured company. If there's ever something you don't know how to do, someone has written it down and created a guide for it, you just have to ask. Salaries are competitive, the work is challenging enough to keep you engaged at all times and there are more talented people than I've seen in one place. Aimco also makes it much easier to get time face to face with the leadership than you'll find anywhere outside of a very small business. There is also a big focus on company values, which allows me to be more passionate about the people I work for.

Cons

Change is a constant and a lot of people will come and go for a lot of different reasons. Some personal, some work quality, some in pursuit of greener grass. Aimco believes in working with its team members to improve them but unfortunately, they'll do this beyond what would seem to be prudent with certain team members while others are blown out very quickly. At the management level, particularly community manager, it's a very volatile position and people come and go regularly. The flip side to that is regular opportunity for advancement and if you really learn the job and do it well, you'll be tapped to move up.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

We are thrilled to read your positive comments about your experience with Aimco. We do recognize open and honest feedback all around. Let’s continue to keep our focus on world-class customer service! If there is anything else you would like to share, please contact us at YourVoice@aimco.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews