Aimco Apartment Homes Employee Reviews about "great company"

Updated Oct 16, 2020

Found 17 of over 439 reviews

3.9
Aimco Apartment Homes Chairman, President, and CEO Terry Considine
Terry Considine
Pros
  • "Through internal courses and being reimbursed for outside courses contributing to my professional growth the investment in team members is evident(in 18 reviews)

• "Great company for learning and career growth(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The work life balance is sometimes tough and you can get overwhelmed(in 30 reviews)

• "Upper management does not listen to concerns about your property(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great company"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

AIMCO Leadership

Oct 16, 2020 - General Manager in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

AIMCO is a publicly traded company and has really worked out the kinks of day to day operations. The best leadership in the industry and they continue to strive to stay atop the technological trends as well. Training is first rate and any resource needed is available. Great company to work for

Cons

Not necessarily a con but you will work hard and challenged on a regular basis. If you want to learn, grow and be challenged AIMCO is for you

HR Team Member

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are thrilled to hear you experienced so many pros during your time with Aimco! We definitely pride ourselves on our training opportunities and glad you felt the same. As you mentioned, we work hard and we're driven and we believe in what we're doing. At Aimco, we ask, “What is possible?” and strive to be the best. We achieve this by offering our residents world-class service and offering our teammates an environment in alignment with Aimco’s Core Values of Respect, Collaboration, and Performance. Thank you again for your feedback, and your years of service with Aimco. If there is anything else you'd like to share, please reach out to us at YourVoice@Aimco.com.

2. 4.0

Property Manager

May 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company for learning and career growth.

Cons

Pay rate could be improved.

Human Resources

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate the time you put in working at Aimco as a Community Manager. We're happy to hear that you thought Aimco was a great company for learning and career growth. We definitely pride ourselves on our training opportunities and our jungle gym for career expansion. We'd like to hear more about your concerns and the specifics of your feedback. We'd invite you to email us directly at YourVoice@Aimco.com. Thanks again for your input and we hope to hear from you.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

Jun 11, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, friendly environment and the organization encourages transparency and communication.

Cons

Benefits could be better, hard to move up for some departments.

Talent Management Coordinator

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to review Aimco. We see that you're still currently employed with us and that you've been here over a year. Congratulations on reaching that milestone. Aimco strives to provide all of our team members with a great culture that includes living with gusto, valuing relationships, and creating moments that matter, so we're thrilled to hear that is what you're experiencing in your role. Thanks for providing your thoughts and feedback regarding the benefits. I will share this information with our corporate team. We are constantly striving to improve and make efforts annually to provide competitive benefits for our team members. If you have any specific you'd like to see changed on the benefits, please reach out to us at yourvoice@aimco.com.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Community Manager

Mar 29, 2017 - Community Manager in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you work smart, have the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment, show pride for your work and want to grow with a great company, Aimco is a great company to work for. Upper Management is also super competent and want to see you succeed.

Cons

Benefits, especially 401K match is not equal with peer competitors.

Talent Management Coordinator

Thank you very much for offering us your perspective on Aimco. We’re so happy to hear that you are pleased with your experience at Aimco and to see that you’ve been with us for over a year. We know that at Aimco, we have a play-fast and deliver results culture. It’s great to see that you’ve embraced this culture and that you’re making the most of it. Thank you for your feedback on Aimco’s benefits. We’re constantly striving to improve and to ensure that our employees are offered benefits that are competitive with others in our industry. If you have additional feedback you could provide or suggestions, we’d love to hear from you by email at YourVoice@aimco.com

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

A great company to be FROM

Feb 3, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Aimco is a great company to be FROM. You can learn a lot about the industry & best practices. You'll also have the opportunity to meet some phenomenal coworkers! I loved the opportunity for cross-team collaboration. That gave me the ability to truly learn the business.

Cons

Aimco is an eat 'em up & spit 'em out kind of company. No matter how much you think you're liked, respected, needed, etc I promise you that you are just a peg on the corporate board. Don't full yourself - EVERYONE is replaceable and the jerk boss I had was fond of telling everyone that over & over again. The culture roll out was fantastic & had so much potential to really turn things around. Unfortunately, it just became another thing that management uses against you. The culture values sound great on paper but the execution of them is surface level only. Aimco has a way of making everyone feel like an idiot.You're NOT - you're just working for narcissists. I thought I was well paid at Aimco until I left.

5 people found this review helpful

Talent Management Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your perspective with us. We always appreciate feedback and Aimco is always striving to improve in every way. We value our employees very much and do our best to ensure our employees feel supported, respected, and essential. We take your concerns very seriously, and encourage you to reach out directly at YourVoice@aimco.com to report specific concerns regarding inappropriate conduct or anonymously through www.MySafeWorkPlace.com.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Dec 13, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for with real potential for growth if you show interest and apply yourself.

Cons

4 months in... None so far.

Talent Management Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! We are very glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience at Aimco and we are happy to have you. If you have any additional feedback, please let us know at YourVoice@Aimco.com.

7. 4.0

Great Company

Sep 21, 2016 - Leasing Consultant II in Fairfax, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, they have an awesome training structure for all new employees. You can make decent money if you are good at prospecting

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth unless you force it with higher up managers. Your growth is capped out unless you move on to being a property manager

Talent Acquisition Marketing Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience with Aimco.If you would like to discuss anything further with us please feel to reach out at YourVoice@aimco.com

8. 3.0

Leasing Consultant

Jul 15, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for with upwards mobility and a full suite of benefits... medical, dental, vision, 401K.

Cons

Scheduling was not the best, understaffed, low pay

Talent Acquisition Marketing Manager

Thanks for sharing!

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Senior Director

Feb 9, 2016 - Senior Director in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company in a tough industry! Strong senior management across the board. Quality people. Demanding schedule but with a solid support system.

Cons

Heavy work load as should be expected in a demanding 24/7 multifamily industry. Some night and weekend work is normal.

Human Resources

We are thrilled to read your positive comments about your experience with Aimco. We do recognize open and honest feedback all around. Let’s continue to keep our focus on world-class customer service!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Financial Analyst II

Jan 20, 2016 - Senior Financial Analyst in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

AIMCO is a great company to work for in all aspects. The culture of AIMCO is amazing and is something that is hard to describe but we all truly live with gusto and own our piece of the business as if it was our own. I enjoy coming to work knowing that I will be challenged on a daily basis and that my hard work and dedication doesn't go unnoticed. AIMCO loves to promote within and sets all of their employees up with goals to make that happen. AIMCO also gives back to its community by starting AIMCO Cares which gives each employee 10-15 hours of paid leave to donate to local charities and cauases. We do a lot of work with our veterans and work really hard to make our communities better. If you want to work for a company that cares about its employees, has a great vision and culture, offers competitive pay and benefits, loves to promote within and challenges each employee to work hard and OWN IT then AIMCO is a great place for you. I highly recommend AIMCO for an amazing career opportunity

Cons

Medical benefits are pretty generic and I would always love to see more 401k match but both are pretty standard for the industry.

Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with so much GUSTO. We are proud of our company culture and team members and strive to be the BEST employer! If you are interested in sharing any other thoughts, please contact us at YourVoice@aimco.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews