Aimco Apartment Homes Reviews

Found 431 of over 442 reviews

3.7
Aimco Apartment Homes Chairman, President, and CEO Terry Considine
Terry Considine
Pros
  • "Through internal courses and being reimbursed for outside courses contributing to my professional growth the investment in team members is evident(in 18 reviews)

• "Great company for learning and career growth(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The work life balance is sometimes tough and you can get overwhelmed(in 30 reviews)

• "Upper management does not listen to concerns about your property(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals
    1. 5.0

Meh

Jun 23, 2021 - salea associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hours are really very good

Cons

Salary was not good at all

HR Generalist

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We see that you are a former team member and we thank you for your time with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hours, but we are disappointed to hear your thoughts on salary. AIR Communities encourages all team members to take advantage of our jungle-gym culture and apply for other types of roles they qualify for. We’re located in 20 different markets across the U.S., and we often see team members grow their career by exploring relocation opportunities. If there is anything else you'd like to share, please consider visiting us at our new Air Communities page: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-AIR-Communities-EI_IE4361413.11,26.htm or email us at yourvoice@aircommunities.com.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

work

Apr 16, 2021 - Apprentice in Hamilton, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

its ok to work at

Cons

no cons working at this location

HR Generalist

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We see that you are located in Hamilton, ON, which is not a location we operate in. You may be looking for Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo), which can be found at: https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Alberta-Investment-Management-Corporation-AIMCo-Reviews-E112821.htm. Thank you!

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

good

Nov 30, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy to work for this company

Cons

I really don't have any cons to work for this company

Human Resources

Thank you for your review of Aimco!

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Had a good time working there!

Nov 3, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Redwood City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was a new community and close to companies like google and facebook. Since it was a new company it was a selling point but if I continued on, I would think it would be harder to lease apartments because of all the added costs

Cons

Some apartments were small and the cost was over priced.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

WORST COMPANY

Nov 8, 2021 - Leasing Associate in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are absolutely no pros to this scam company

Cons

I would never recommend anyone to work for this company in the Property Management industry.

Talent Manager, Human Resources

Hi, we are sorry to hear about your poor experience. We see that you are a former employee and while we don't know when you left your role as a Leasing Consultant, it's important to tell you that Aimco split from AIR Communities in December 2020 and Aimco no longer employs Leasing Consultants. You likely worked for AIR Communities (unless you worked in Miami before December 2020) and we'd recommend sharing your feedback with AIR Communities on their Glassdoor page. We wish you the best in your new career.

6. 4.0

Solid Company

Sep 25, 2021 - Senior Vice President Finance
      Business Outlook

Pros

Solid financial company, caring to employees

Cons

Ever changing direction and org chart

7. 4.0

Solid Company

Aug 23, 2021 - Area Service Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bound structure is fair to employees.

Cons

Stressful, company is very bottom line focused. If you really want no work life balance this is the place for you.

HR Generalist

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We see that you are a former team member and we thank you for your time with us! We are happy to hear you enjoyed so many positives during your time with AIR! We are disappointed to hear your thoughts on work life balance. Providing our team members with an environment that is supportive to ensure they have the means to do their jobs well is a top priority at AIR Communities. We always try to provide our team members with support and work-life balance, knowing that our industry is one that operates 24/7/365. If you have anything else you'd like to share with us, please consider visiting us at our new Air Communities page: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-AIR-Communities-EI_IE4361413.11,26.htm or email us at yourvoice@aircommunities.com. We’re here to listen!

8. 2.0

It's a REIT

Aug 24, 2021 - Assistant Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training for new to industry professionals.

Cons

Low pay for the work they expect.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Generalist

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We see that you are a former team member and we thank you for your time with us! We are happy to hear you had such a positive training experience! We are disappointed to hear your thoughts on compensation. AIR Communities encourages all team members to take advantage of our jungle-gym culture and apply for other types of roles they qualify for. We’re located in 20 different markets across the U.S., and we often see team members grow their career by exploring relocation opportunities. If there is anything else you'd like to share, please consider visiting us at our new Air Communities page: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-AIR-Communities-EI_IE4361413.11,26.htm or email us at yourvoice@aircommunities.com.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Outdated tech

Sep 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, liberal travel policy

Cons

Outdated tech leaves room for too many errors and far too much busy work to accomplish simple tasks

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Different experience in different portfolios

Aug 6, 2021 - Leasing Sales Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, opportunity for growth depending where you are, multiple locations

Cons

Poor upper leadership, opportunity for growth is only good in certain areas, favoritism is very real

HR Generalist

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We see that you are a former team member and we thank you for your time with us! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the pay and opportunity for growth during your time with AIR! We are, however, disappointed to hear your thoughts on leadership and favoritism. What you’ve described is not who AIR Communities strives to be. Please consider reaching out to us directly at Yourvoice@aircommunities.com so we can discuss your concerns. Thank you again, and we hope to hear from you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 431 Reviews